Dear OLine, please keep James Harrison away from Aaron Rodgers

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ESPN SC brought up a good point in that AROD played differently after the Peppers hit. Here's to hoping the OL has their best game ever, and Harrison shows great sportsmanship.

Claymaker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They need to re-watch the tape. He was bad before the hit. They said on ESPN Milwaukee he injured his shoulder on the TD run. If you watch the game again he was sailing throws before the Peppers hit. There was a long duck to Jennings that was completed and the grounder to Driver that was intercepted, amongst other throws.

That being said yes they do need to keep Harrison away from him, he's dirty as hell. Sportsmanship and Harrison don't belong in the same sentence. Did you see the cheap shot he put on Sanchez? I was very disappointed the TV crew didn't bring it up.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He doesn't scare me as much as Peppers did. He still needs to be dealt with though because he will take more cheap shots then Peppers.

brett2520

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bears have only three total sacks in three games including playoffs. Protect Rodgers and give him time to throw = Super Bowl Win. GO PACK GO!

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Yeah I was thinking of Harrison victims and yeah, I am not too concerned for Rodgers, more concerned over Jennings and Nelson.

Any one want to make any bets Harrison gets ejected from the Super Bowl?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I was thinking of Harrison victims and yeah, I am not too concerned for Rodgers, more concerned over Jennings and Nelson.

Any one want to make any bets Harrison gets ejected from the Super Bowl?
Has any player anytime anywhere ever been ejected by being suspect for dirty play?
I thought they just penalized and then fined the hell out of them later on.

Claymaker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They threw around the threat of ejections and suspensions this season but I don't think it ever happened.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Super Bowl would be the best place to set the example of an ejection, the one game you know everyone will be watching.

BlackNGold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Harrison plays football the way it is supposed to be played.

Cheap shot on Sanchez? Please... he barely hit him.

Maybe we should just put on flags instead of tackling? Would that make you happy? These new rules and fines are ridiculous and they are ruining the game. Our quarterback has been victim of concussions too, and you don't see us whining about it.

Be afraid, Harrison is coming!

ThorMatthews

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Maybe we should just put on flags instead of tackling? Would that make you happy? These new rules and fines are ridiculous and they are ruining the game. Our quarterback has been victim of concussions too, and you don't see us whining about it.

I could have sworn in football you arm tackle people down not jam your helmet into the other dudes helmet. I must have my sports mixed up, oh dear.

dantastic

Cheesehead
Reaction score

That's crap
He has taken reckless, headhunting shots at other players.
He doesn't need to lead with his helmet.
Harrison is a better player than that.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaVwdDvIbtc&feature=related]YouTube - James Harrison's Hit on Josh Cribs!( decent quality)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JthXa87W24I&feature=related]YouTube - James Harrison's hit on Massaquoi( decent quality)[/ame]

and don't give me that bs about "that's how he plays"
I've seen him make plently of clean, great hits too. Example

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsxaNLKybyM&feature=related]YouTube - James Harrison "The Beast" hit on Ed Reed[/ame]

my favorite
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fC3xNSiRTDc&feature=related]YouTube - James Harrison Sacks Browns Fan[/ame]

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I could have sworn in football you arm tackle people down not jam your helmet into the other dudes helmet. I must have my sports mixed up, oh dear.

No! That's silly! Can't you see that's why every other NFL defender is doing the same thing, and getting fined like Harrison? That's what the coaches teach!

Claymaker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Complete BULL. Sanchez slid, and was almost finished sliding when Harrison jumped on him sort of like what you'd see from a WWE wrestler and then after that part as Sanchez started to lift his head up he nailed him with an elbow to the head.

The rule is - no contact with a QB after he has started sliding, the slide was damn near finished and he still jumped on him and capped it off with the elbow to the head.

BlackNGold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man those hits pump me up! Hope to see a bunch more of them just like that against the Pack!

The NFL is the only level of football where they call those hits. It's because Roger Goodell is pansy. These are professionals who understand the risk when they choose this profession.

BlackNGold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Complete BULL. Sanchez slid, and was almost finished sliding when Harrison jumped on him sort of like what you'd see from a WWE wrestler and then after that part as Sanchez started to lift his head up he nailed him with an elbow to the head.

He barely touched him. He was pursuing him and slid into him as he was sliding. Is that what you consider a hard hit in Green Bay? ;-) All kidding aside, it was completely unintentional, which is why it was not called. The officials did a decent job in that game. This is the playoffs, you don't call every little ticky tacky penalty.

BigBayBlues

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really don't have a problem with black and blue football...I do think Harrison has been targeted by the league all year (just my opinion). That being said I'm not as worried about Harrison actually getting to Rodgers as I was about Peppers...BUT if he does manage to get to Rodgers, I am definitely more worried about the damage he would inflict versus Peppers. Luckily, we have a QB who's much better at getting his feet moving than most of the other QBs Harrison has faced thus far.

BlackNGold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly BigBayBlues! I hope they let them play on Super Sunday. I'm tired of seeing all these calls on Harrision, when they can break our quarterbacks nose to the point where they say the bones looked like cornflakes and not have a flag thrown. Harrision does not want to injure anyone, but he does want to hurt them! That's the mentality all linebackers should have!!

I doubt they will have to many sacks on Rodgers. He is almost as good as Ben when it comes to escaping the blitz. I'm just hoping we can force him into making mistakes by getting him on the run.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our O-line will have to play their best game this year for us to win. They've certainly picked it up the last 5 games, and I think they're capable of continuing their level of play.

Rogers has practiced against a great 3/4 defense all year, so those who think he'll be confused by the Steelers are mistaken.

I think our defense will do fine against the Steelers.

It's going to be a hell of a game, that's for sure. I like the Packers for #13.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Harrison is a huge threat. How many times has he been fined/ penalized for those hits this year alone? As JBlood said, the O line is going to have to play the game of their lives to protect Aaron. Harrison scares me, he's like their version of Clay, sans the dirty hits.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Holy crap you don't whine?

So all the talk about Big Ben's nose and how Ngata should've been suspended was just in my head then????
YOU JUST TALKED ABOUT IT IN THE COMMENT ABOVE!

Oh, and don't you try to use the concussion card on why Big Ben likes to have the sex with the ladies when they say nono HARF HARF

/ksk reader

-------

Regarding the actual thread, yes, pretty please, OL, don't play like *******. And that means you, Colledge.

Members online

Latest posts