1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Deaf

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by buggybill2003, Oct 12, 2013.

1. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,274 / 18 / -83
    Packer Fan Since:
    I am currently sitting at home with a bad ear infection which has caused me to be deaf in one ear, and partially deaf in the other (both temporary). The problem is that my wife has gone away with a group of friends this weekend, so the house is quiet anyway. I feel kind of cheated as I can`t ignore her with impunity :cry:. Life is so unfair.
  2. Smokeychedder

Smokeychedder Tailgaiter

Ratings:
    +302 / 16 / -7
    Packer Fan Since:

I hope you are getting proper medical attention. Perhaps if you're up to it, you could surprise your wife by performing some task or unexpected good deed prior to her return. Sometimes small things are greater than they appear to be !
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Poppa San

Poppa San Pray daily and take the plunge for Eli Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +862 / 29 / -2
    Packer Fan Since:
    Sounds like a weekend football party at Bill's place.:tup:
    I had an ear infection last fall that caused me vertigo. Happened during hunting season. Had to give up my elevated stands and hunt from the ground. Also had to be driven around by my 16 year old.
  4. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,274 / 18 / -83
    Packer Fan Since:
    I might let her watch the Packer game with me as a treat...lol. I love her to bits really but we insult each other as the norm, nothing serious :D
  5. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +715 / 20 / -11
    Hearing is nothing to mess with. Once you lose it, it's gone for good. Hope you get well soon.

I have about 10% hearing loss in my right ear from year on the flight line in the military. And that was with using hearing protection. One of my cousins lost his hearing in a motorcycle accident years ago. He currently has an Cochlear implant. Says when his wife gets to her yelling stage he just turns it off.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,274 / 18 / -83
    Packer Fan Since:
    Thanks Rap.I think it will return to normal after the infection clears up. .It's just frustrating at the moment because I can't hear the phone or t.v., thankfully I have subtitles on the t.v. set. the worst bit is the thunder of my heart internally. It's driving me nuts.
  7. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +715 / 20 / -11
    Well if the thunder stops.....................either your hearing is better or it won't matter. :)
    • Funny Funny x 2
  8. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +960 / 17 / -9
    Man Bill ... I empathize. I have a tendency toward inner ear infections myself and never been able to pin it sinus issues exclusively or allergies ... or what have you. When those suckers hit, it is just plain miserable. Your equilibrium goes nuts -- eyes hurt, headaches that almost feel like someone is peeling your scalp off with pliers. Man... take care of yourself and stay the hell away from staircases - yeah, I've rolled down those suckers too, fortunately they're heavily carpeted and only 5 steps to each level.

Now, I think that you need something to keep yourself occupied and sitting in one place. However, don't do what it seems your brethren over there are doing to occupy their time - trendiness isn't always a good thing, my friend:

http://freakoutnation.com/2013/07/2...ns-public-do-not-put-your-penis-in-a-toaster/

Man, I was waiting for an opportunity to drop that one on you. :)
  9. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,274 / 18 / -83
    Packer Fan Since:
    My infection is almost cleared now, so apart from the slight headache and slight balance problem I`m fine thanks ;).
    The good lady has returned from her travels, although sadly my hearing has almost fully returned enough to hear all about her trip to Dublin :D. I`ve read the warning about the toaster and nearly peed myself laughing :roflmao:. Apparently there is a warning on a Swedish chain saw manufacturer that warns "DO NOT STOP THIS APPARATUS WITH YOUR GENITALS", it just beggars belief. :eek:
  10. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,325 / 74 / -394
    Packer Fan Since:
    guess I can join your club. I too have an ear infection. Damn this sh!t sucks.
  11. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,274 / 18 / -83
    Packer Fan Since:
    take care mate ;).
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Chicocheese

Chicocheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +203 / 12 / -1
    Packer Fan Since:
    I would gladly pay good money to be deaf during one of The Warden's rants. Holy crap. Just for the rant though.
  13. Vltrophy

Vltrophy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +378 / 29 / -5
    Packer Fan Since:
    I've heard some people say they know someone who went death. I had to butt in & say u mean deaf. If they went death then they're dead
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,399 / 7 / -1
    Packer Fan Since:
    While I do hope you feel better soon, I have to say my Dad would be praising God and singing His praises if he didn't have to hear my Mom holler for a few days.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +832 / 8 / -5
    Packer Fan Since:
    well I hope everyones ears get better soon! :tup: