DE coach in 2005, DC in 2006

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It doesn't surprise me that our Dline is so solid, considering Sanders background.

I would say(my opinion) that our 2nd strongest area on defense is our linebackers. Sanders coached linebackers in Miami..

And I think most of us can agree our DBs are sucking bad. Sanders has never coached DBs before.

So what does this say... to YOU?

To me it says, he obviously has his strengths(DL and LBs) and has his weaknesses(DBs). And when you are strong in one area, you bring in help\need help in your weak areas (MM is a passing man, and brought in a running man to compliment him).

His DB coaches are:

Lionel Washington and Kurt Schottenheimer

A lot of us here dislike Kurt, and wondered why in the hell he is here. I personally have been calling for Lionels head the last 2 years.

So I think it is prett evident(my opinion) that Sanders doesn't have the help he needs in that area.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

So what happens?

-Does the GB defense continue to suck on pass defense ALL YEAR?
-Does Sanders shy away from his strengths and attempt to work some magic on the pass D?

Those seem like the only two possible options. I doubt neither Lionel or Kurt get fired till offseason(even then they might not be fired. How they have jobs is beyond me. They must suck a good di...)

Anyone else have a take on this?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Kurt is here for this reason and only this reason. This is just my belief, no rumors or anything.

Marty Schottenheimer gave Mike McCarthy his first gig in the NFL and Mike brought Kurt Schottenheimer in as a favor to Marty.

That's my thought.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate the buddy system in the NFL, but no team is above it. ugh..

hopefully the pass D works out great and its not an issue...but if it struggles, lets see if MM\TT stay with their "if you suck, you go" philosophy. Interesting times ahead, my friends!

Reaction score
IMO, zero you make another valid point.

Sanders DIDN'T hire Schott.

For all we know, Sanders philosophy is different from Schott's philosophy. If so, then what Schott is teaching them isn't going to work with this system.

Is it a coincedence that the DB coach from perhaps the worst DB in Packer history in 2004 is back, and the Pack are struggling in the secondary terribly?

Not to mention that Nick Collins, who looked amazing last year and kept giving up big plays to a minimum, has been responsible for giving up an alarming number of big plays already only 3 games into the season?

IMO, the original mistake was by McCarthy in hiring Schott. McCarthy is a O guru, so decide the O hires. Let the person who is in charge of the D make the D hires. That is what Sherman let Bates do last year, and boy did it work out great.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
IMO, the original mistake was by McCarthy in hiring Schott. McCarthy is a O guru, so decide the O hires. Let the person who is in charge of the D make the D hires. That is what Sherman let Bates do last year, and boy did it work out great.

So...rookie head coach mistake? (not all mistakes happen on sundays)

I agree, this one falls on MM\TT.

I still hope it works out, but im not very confident to be honest. Ha, good ol "positive spin" tromadz with a very negative view. :(

Members online

Latest posts