DD

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
If I could compare DD to anyone, I'd probably compare him to Steve Largent, who is probably before a lot of your times. Those of you who are older would know who I'm talking about.

Largent is a good comparison in some ways. Largent was tough and reliable and greatly respected by his peers, though he didn't get a lot of press. But his style of play was very different from Driver's. I remember Largent as more of a down-the-field receiver rather than a big YAC guy like Driver. Driver reminds me more of Charlie Joyner, who used to play for the Chargers.

I agree with Aytumious that Driver probably got too much of a late start to get serious HOF consideration, but I can easily picture him having five more good years in him. So it's not out of the question. I just think there are going to be too many other receivers by that time who have bigger numbers.

Here's a thought: A Super Bowl ring would help his cause. Maybe it could happen.

Greg - Excellent post. I think when I wrote this, I was thinking more of mindset rather than skillset. Largent was that humble guy who just played his heart out. He was a longshot to make it into the NFL, and ended up with a Hall of Fame career.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of all the wide receivers named in this thread as elite receivers only two(M. Harrison & T. Holt)have the heart and desire that DD has.

Catching Td's and having to be the "STAR" of the team, does not make one "elite".

If the choice was ONE superstar receiver, or 3 or 4 guys like DD, I'll take the latter. On that note I believe DD is having a very positive effect on the young guys on the team, showing them the right way to become successful.

There is a lot to be said about leadership from a teams veterans.

DD is an "elite" receiver because of all the points I mentioned above.

Heart, Desire,Leadership, stats are for Fantasy Football.

DD said last week he hopes to play till he is 40, I can see that happen the way he keeps himself in shape, maybe he can become an elite receiver before he retires. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Well said. Given the choice of Randy Moss/T.O. OR DD, GJ, JJ, K-Rob, and R Martin, I'll take the latter. I love our WRs. No egos. Nobody on psychiatric meds. Just guys who do their job and do it well.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts