Days Later - What P***es Me Off the Most

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's been a few days. I've stayed away from these forums to avoid getting further depressed about Saturday night. So, if this is old, my apologies.

After thinking about it, the one thing that ****** me of the most is the complete inability to make the right second-half adjustments. On offense, we abandoned what had proven to be an effective run game. I get that they were trying to get Cobb his touches and they succeeded in doing so. But, I can't remember a meaningful carry by DuJuan after half. That's unacceptable. On defense, we did NOTHING NEW!! Hearing Woodson yesterday say something to the affect that it's foolish to keep doing the same thing over and over when it's proven ineffective. They apparently fire-zone blitzed all night, even when it was so apparent that this was not the answer. At half, Kaep was 11/23 for 150-ish yards with 2Tds and 1 INT. Good, but not great. He beat us outside the pocket. He obviously ran for an absurd amount, but he also made plays on the run - remember that huge gain by Frank Gore when Woodson was caught b/w a rock and a hard place. All of this was easily noticeable for all to see. So how do we adjust at halftime? By running the same damn schemes and just hope we somehow improve. On the other side of the ball, Harbaugh went to the pistol-read more b/c of this, and daggered us.

Again, my apologies if this is old. But, sometimes you just have to vent.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That about sums it up. At the end of the day this was a very beat-able team. Instead, we made Kaperprick look like a hero.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I COMPLETELY agree with the statement that we did the same old thing over and over and we kept seeing the same results. Isn't that that the definition of insanity? To do the same thing over and over and expect different results? Clearly Capers is insane.

Now, it ha been over 24 hours since the loss and I am moving past this loss. In fact...I think I am MORE pumped up about getting the right people drafted/signed and retaining the key players than I was about the game on Saturday. I am excited about preparing to be the best in football next year.

I woke up this morning, looked up and saw my Aaron Rodgers McFarlane figure hanging on the wall and smiled. I felt an excitement for Packers football that I missed this last week. It was not that I expected or wanted us to lose...however I cannot explain why I feel more pumped now that before. I feel the cheddar flowing back into my veins! Again...it is not like I lost my love of the Packers but I feel the fire has been stoked MORE and I ready to return to excellence!

Moving forward from 2 post season failures SHOULD and HAD BETTER motivate the front office of the Packers to make the right moves to get us back in the Super Bowl.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I COMPLETELY agree with the statement that we did the same old thing over and over and we kept seeing the same results. Isn't that that the definition of insanity? To do the same thing over and over and expect different results? Clearly Capers is insane.

Makes me wonder how many times Capers has burned his hand on a stove.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well...after reflecting on how I feel now vs. how I felt in 2009/10/11 playoffs I have to say it all comes down to how we were as a team.

In the aforementioned years, we were rolling together well (as far as offense goes.) It was the football equivalent of synchronized swimming if you will. In 2009 our D was great to boot! I THINK we had the #1 D, if not #2. That was also the year the Woodson won DPOY.

Although last season our D was not spectacular, our offense was godly. Yes, I felt some butterflies before the Giants playoff game, but that was due to them getting hot and our D was VERY rough. However, I still thought our offense could have handled them, and handled them well.

This season, especially at the end I just didn't feel that same "jive" that we had the previous 3 seasons. I think mostly because of injury and a little lack of "trust" if you will. This is not meant to be a slight against Rodgers, but I think we was worried about his O-line holding it together vs. the 49ers crushing D-line. I really don't blame him. Couple that with Nelson, Jennings, and Driver ALL either being out due to injury and not being utilized you end up with a lack of chemistry. One could argue that they have all played together for so long that they will always have chemistry and that is true to a certain degree but things change from season to season and week to week. I think Rodgers has the MOST chemistry with Nelson and Cobb. There IS something off with his relationship between him and Greg Jennings. No doubt.

Again, I do not mean this in any mean form. I am NOT speaking ill of Greg, Aaron, or the O-line. All have dealt this either a revolving door or O-linemen, injury, etc etc. I love all my Packers. I feel like I just had to clear my mind, get this off of my chest, and just plain ol' express my feelings on the last couple seasons vs. this season and how I am SO PUMPED for next season.

--Rob.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
It's been a few days. I've stayed away from these forums to avoid getting further depressed about Saturday night. So, if this is old, my apologies.

After thinking about it, the one thing that ****** me of the most is the complete inability to make the right second-half adjustments. On offense, we abandoned what had proven to be an effective run game. I get that they were trying to get Cobb his touches and they succeeded in doing so. But, I can't remember a meaningful carry by DuJuan after half. That's unacceptable. On defense, we did NOTHING NEW!! Hearing Woodson yesterday say something to the affect that it's foolish to keep doing the same thing over and over when it's proven ineffective. They apparently fire-zone blitzed all night, even when it was so apparent that this was not the answer. At half, Kaep was 11/23 for 150-ish yards with 2Tds and 1 INT. Good, but not great. He beat us outside the pocket. He obviously ran for an absurd amount, but he also made plays on the run - remember that huge gain by Frank Gore when Woodson was caught b/w a rock and a hard place. All of this was easily noticeable for all to see. So how do we adjust at halftime? By running the same damn schemes and just hope we somehow improve. On the other side of the ball, Harbaugh went to the pistol-read more b/c of this, and daggered us.

Again, my apologies if this is old. But, sometimes you just have to vent.

I said all year that we didn't take our foot off the gas, but rather we sucked in the 3rd quarter because we struggled at making halftime adjustments. I was half laughed out of here. I TOLD YOU SO.

Fire zone requires discipline (which we completely lacked all night) because when one thing goes wrong, everything goes wrong.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would feel pretty good about the packers if i KNEW that the coaches have it through their thick heads that you need to make kap be a passer. I think we win by 10 or more if we just forced him to pass.:(

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
If the Packers don't do a complete makeover then it may not even be 2and done, Small ball- is quickly going away, players now r bigger stronger and a lot faster,the Packers need to adjust, slap some tough love all the way from coaches to players....

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM: wish would have gone for it on fourth and 4. Have been aggressive, but our thought process was that we could pin them down and hold them.

Based on what, exactly? Was it the 38 points, 500 total yards, or 300 rushing yards just by that point in the game that made you think your defense was going to pin them down and hold them?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts