David Ackers

• Thread starter I asked LT to delete my acct
  • Start date
I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I heard he tried a couple high-fives during the offseason to build up his confidence, they all ended up wide right, slapping people in the face!

I saw this quoted earlier and nearly snorted my coffee....lol Wanted to share it. Replace Crosby with Ackers

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Rather go young

Yes and no. Youth could be good if you want to keep the guy for many years to come, but a veteran kicker knows how to handle the stress and also knows how to kick in certain stadiums under certain conditions. I wouldn't mind seeing a good veteran come in and give crosby a real challenge.....

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes and no. Youth could be good if you want to keep the guy for many years to come, but a veteran kicker knows how to handle the stress and also knows how to kick in certain stadiums under certain conditions. I wouldn't mind seeing a good veteran come in and give crosby a real challenge.....

He's 38, and was paid $3 mil last season. I don't know about him. If he was 30 or even 34 I might be interested but not at his age. He very publicly burned out in SF.

I'd love to see us bring in 10 guys for try outs.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Older guys have kicked well beyond typical football age limits. Jason Hanson still wants to kick and Morten Anderson was a bad *** kicker into his 40's. It can be done, both youth and age has their disadvantages and advantages.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wasn't Ackers worse than Crosby last season? Barring his ridiculously long fg in Lambeau I mean.
My god... that kick... ... >.< Wish the NFL would have considered making it so the bars of the goal post are considered "out of bounds" therefore ricochets, or any sort, would no longer count. That farce of a kick was preposterous. That it tied the NFL record for length should have been seen as an embarrassment to the league.

texaspackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Crosby or Akers, Akers or Crosby? Either one could step up and be all pro or circle the drain on the way down. I doubt Thompson/McCarthy do anything other than continue with Crosby, as making a choice between these two would be a crap shoot - pure luck. I say go young/go cheap. Try out several and choose the best like we did with punters when we got Mashay.

PWT

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wasn't Ackers worse than Crosby last season? Barring his ridiculously long fg in Lambeau I mean.

In 2012, Mason Crosby attempted 33 Field goals and made 21. Average was 63.6%

Crosby's big problem was he attempted 9 field goals 50 yard plus and only making 2.

In 2012 David Ackers attempted 42 Field goals and made 29. Average was 69%
Acker attempted 6 Field goals over 50 plus yards and made 2.

Members online

Latest posts