Davante Adams Thread!

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They have to keep 6 WRs this year. If Janis is asked to stay as a PS member, he'll be swiped. Probably by the Vikings. Can Janis return kicks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 6794

They have to keep 6 WRs this year. If Janis is asked to stay as a PS member, he'll be swiped. Probably by the Vikings. Can Janis return kicks?

He returned five kickoffs last year for an average of 14.2 yards. Doesn´t sound promising.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No punt returns, I would have included them in the post above. ;)

Better line him up at punt returner on a couple plays then. See what he's got. Maybe that new CB slash point guard takes over return duties.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting aside: Did you know over the last 5 years, the bottom 10% of WRs in 40 yard dash has produced more yardage than WRs in the top 10%?
That stat is no surprise to me whatsoever. The number one asset for a WR to me is hands and it's not even close. Second in order of importance would be route running ability. Now of course you don't want a guy with Rich Eisen wheels flanked out wide but a mid 4.5 guy is plenty fast enough to make the D pay more times than not. It's hard to show your wheels off if you don't have the ball. GPG!

H

HardRightEdge

I don´t think we´ve lost that much speed compared to last season by not bringing JJ back. Aside of Boykin all of these guys possess some speed to get downfield as well.
You have to keep in mind (or not) that I see Adams as the 2015 Nelson replacement.

H

HardRightEdge

I'm not as sold on Boykin as some of you are. He made 2 or 3 great catches during the season and can be a YAC guy but I don't see anything other than Just a possession wr.
Boykin's an adequate-to-decent #3. If we do by chance sign Nelson (I figure Cobb to be a given), I would expect Adams to pass Boykin by for #3 for the 2015 season. WRs almost always need a year of seasoning; you don't want guys zigging in an option route when Rodgers is zagging...those kinds of picks are deadly.

D

Deleted member 6794

WRs almost always need a year of seasoning; you don't want guys zigging in an option route when Rodgers is zagging...those kinds of picks are deadly.

True, and they have a hard time regaining Rodgers confidence once that happens.

H

HardRightEdge

I don't see how we can or should carry 6. We seem to be overloaded with specialty LBs and D-Linemen, and probably 8 OL again, taking up the few swing spots.

Unless he goes nuts in preseason and steals the #5 spot (which would be a shocking development), I don't think there's much chance of anybody snagging Janis for their PS...given he lasted to the middle of the 7th. round I doubt anybody's chomping at the bit for him. I would expect him to get limited snaps in preseason and maybe land a PS spot. He's very much a developmental guy.

The #5 spot will go to White, Harper or Abbrederis in a competitive situation...special teams value may be the deciding factor.

D

Deleted member 6794

I don't see how we can or should carry 6. We seem to be overloaded with specialty LBs and D-Linemen, and probably 8 OL again, taking up the few swing spots.

Unless he goes nuts in preseason and steals the #5 spot (which would be a shocking development), I don't think there's much chance of anybody snagging Janis for their PS...given he lasted to the middle of the 7th. round I doubt anybody's chomping at the bit for him. I would expect him to get limited snaps in preseason and maybe land a PS spot. He's very much a developmental guy.

The #5 spot will go to White, Harper or Abbrederis in a competitive situation...special teams value may be the deciding factor.

I think there´s a possibility the Packers keep six WR, just like they did in 2012. I agree though that Janis is a longshot to even make the practice squad.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see the number of snaps Boykin and Adams end up with this season. Abbrederis may have a leg up on the #5 spot if they have him returning KOs and/or punts. Hyde may be viewed as too valuable to return to those roles.

H

HardRightEdge

He has done that on the field as well.

Yeah, and it's not just inexperienced guys. I seem to recall a play in early 2012 if memory serves where Jones went outside on a short timing route, Rodgers threw inside, and the ball went right into a defenders hands. I clearly recall Rodgers giving Jones the "what for" right there on the field in front of God and the cameras.

Wasn´t that Jennings???

Shortly after Jennings mouthed off about Rodgers' lack of leadership and Packer "brainwashing", Driver chipped in his two cents with some garbage about how Rodgers should be covering for his guys and shouldering the blame in the meeting room. This from a so-called leader who couldn't bother to show up on time for training camp because he was dancing for money.

I think it's poor form to point a finger at your guy right on the field...I don't think Rodgers has done that since the Jones thing and may have learned a lesson there. However, in the meeting room, it's all about accountability.

As you can probably tell, Driver really pissed me off in his last year in the uniform...he should be ashamed of himself.

D

Deleted member 6794

It'll be interesting to see the number of snaps Boykin and Adams end up with this season. Abbrederis may have a leg up on the #5 spot if they have him returning KOs and/or punts. Hyde may be viewed as too valuable to return to those roles.

Abbrederis was pretty good returning kickoffs and punts during the 2011 season but hasn´t done a lot since then.

D

Deleted member 6794

Yeah, and it's not just inexperienced guys. I seem to recall a play in early 2012 if memory serves where Jones went outside on a short timing route, Rodgers threw inside, and the ball went right into a defenders hands. I clearly recall Rodgers giving Jones the "what for" right there on the field in front of God and the cameras.

Shortly after Jennings mouthed off about Rodgers' lack of leadership and Packer "brainwashing", Driver chipped in his two cents with some garbage about how Rodgers should be covering for his guys and shouldering the blame in the meeting room. This from a so-called leader who couldn't bother to show up on time for training camp because he was dancing for money.

I think it's poor form to point a finger at your guy right on the field...I don't think Rodgers has done that since the Jones thing and may have learned a lesson there. However, in the meeting room, it's all about accountability.

As you can probably tell, Driver really pissed me off in his last year in the uniform...he should be ashamed of himself.

I agree that Rodgers shouldn´t do that on the field, but sometimes emotions do get the best of him as he´s a highly competitive guy.

I can remember Driver mouthing off about Rodgers at some point during last offseason, didn´t know exaclty what he said though anymore.

H

HardRightEdge

Hyde may be viewed as too valuable to return to those roles.

Are you sure you didn't mean "Cobb"?

I see Hyde as the punt return guy, and a good one at that. He looked very natural and sure handed last season, besides being productive; protecting the #3 safety from injury is not generally a concern.

H

HardRightEdge

When it comes to WRs and DBs on special teams, you have to think about covering kicks as well...you need 3 guys on the game day roster who can serve as gunners (the 3rd. in case somebody gets hurt).

Bush is not signed; we've got decent 6 man depth through the dime man in the secondary and 7 deep including House; it looks like the day has come where his sole value as a gunner is just not enough. Somebody needs to take that spot. White has the speed, but he's probably too small for it.

D

Deleted member 6794

When it comes to WRs and DBs on special teams, you have to think about covering kicks as well...you need 3 guys on the game day roster who can serve as gunners (the 3rd. in case somebody gets hurt).

Bush is not signed; we've got decent 6 man depth through the dime man in the secondary and 7 deep including House; it looks like the day has come where his sole value as a gunner is just not enough. Somebody needs to take that spot. White has the speed, but he's probably too small for it.

You posted that before, it´s not true though. Bush has still one year left on his contract.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People think TT is going to sign both Nelson and Cobb. That would be great but I don't see it happening. When Boykins is up I don't see him being extended either unless he has a monster yr which I don't see happening, Rodgers doesn't really target him. I think Adams and Abby can do the same thing Boykins can. Maybe Nelson or Cobb will take a discount so both can be resigned for a fair price. We we've seen from Cobb is just a glimpse of how dynamic he can be. Give him a full healthy yr he will be in the pro bowl I guarantee it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts