Daunte Culpepper visiting Green Bay Packers!?!?

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
I was going to post it over here, but I figured.. someone from there would surely take the chance to laugh it up a little...

Yikes.

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not much out there for a veteran that would be any better than Daunte, but I would assume they will wait until after the draft and see what happens there.
I guess I could live with that signing, but I would pray that AR stays very healthy all year long.

josdin00

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just posted it, too, then saw that nodak posted it while I was still typing. I'm glad this board lets you delete your own posts.

So I'll just have my say in this thread, instead....

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Other than being an over-weight, over the hill quarterback with a bad knee, who can't run anymore, and has 93 fumbles in 92 games......I'd say he's worth a look. NOT!!!!

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Ted Thompson is a funny guy. He likes playing practical jokes like this.

Even if it means he should get his **** beat for it.. maybe tomorrow morning I will see the humor.. :p

Seriously though.. Cpep over Leftwich? I would rather have the slow footed one. IMO.

johnny_blood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope we draft a QB and resign Nall or someone besides Culpepper. I don't see any upside here.

Even a healthy Culpepper without Moss is awful.

OP
OP
N

NodakPaul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
johnny_blood said:
I hope we draft a QB and resign Nall or someone besides Culpepper. I don't see any upside here.

Even a healthy Culpepper without Moss is awful.

Actually, a healthy Culpepper without a great Offensive Coordinator is awful. Culpepper actually did as much for Moss as Moss did for him.

Fumblepepper was very good at the physical aspects of the game, but never had the mental aspects figured out.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope this is just an example of seeing all of our options.

'Tis.

Don't worry. Daunte Culpepper will NOT be a Green Bay Packer in '08.

I don't know why so many "experts" keep thinking we need a Veteran QB behind Aaron Rodgers. Let's re-sign Nall and draft a backup. Culpepper cannot run our O. He will be a liability, not an asset.

josdin00

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BryanAschenbrenner said:
I hope this is just an example of seeing all of our options.

'Tis.

Don't worry. Daunte Culpepper will NOT be a Green Bay Packer in '08.

I don't know why so many "experts" keep thinking we need a Veteran QB behind Aaron Rodgers. Let's re-sign Nall and draft a backup. Culpepper cannot run our O. He will be a liability, not an asset.

I have to imagine that they're talking to him in case they don't have an opportunity to draft a backup that they like. Still, Cullpepper? That's not good news for Packer fans that they're even considering him. I mean, come on. Aaron Brooks has to be around somewhere. I hear Jeff George is looking for a team that hasn't tried him yet. There has to be a better option out there for you.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Talk about overreaction. Culpepper won't make or break this team.

If they bring him in I have no problem with it. They can always cut him in camp because he's not going to get a big contract. If he proves himself in TC then keep him as a one year stop gap and groom the QB the Pack will likely draft for the #2 spot.

OP
OP
N

NodakPaul

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If they bring him in I have no problem with it. They can always cut him in camp because he's not going to get a big contract. If he proves himself in TC then keep him as a one year stop gap and groom the QB the Pack will likely draft for the #2 spot.

If they bring fumblepepper in as a one year spot gap, and he is called upon to play for whatever reason, they will be drafting with the #2 spot next year... :D

Please my misguided packer friends. Don't kid yourselves into thinking that this would be good in any way shape or form. The only thing this is doing is providing sports talk shows all over the Midwest with something to laugh at.

Green Bay does NOT need to pick up Daunte. (Minnesota needs Green Bay to pick up Daunte ;))

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What I don't understand is Viking fans making fun of anyone's quarterback situation. When I think of great quarterback competition I don't come up with Jackson, Frerrotte, and Bollinger. In fact I don't think Bollinger should even play Canadian football.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Porky is right. This is no big deal. He would just be a backup. I doubt it will happen anyway, as his style of play doesn't really seem right for the Packer offense. Besides, he would look funny in a Packer uniform.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score

True. I think by now Packer fans know that TT knows what he is doing. I won't lose any sleep over this one way or the other.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bwa Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha! Oh please please please please sign him! Surest way to ruin the career of Aaron Rodgers is to put that head case behind him. ::D

Looks to me like NodakPaul is trying to get off to an early lead and unseat Vikesrule for the 2009 BURP award.