Dat's Right... We BAD!

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
DevilDon is in epic beast mode!!!

I think Niners fan is pumped about the win over the "elite" Giants.
The Pack are the Champs and the best in the league so everyone wants to know how they may measure up against them and they dream of beating them. They also deep down in a way want you to realize they are there and the Packers have competition. It's an almost a "look at us we are pretty good as well" syndrome. Hey I know, my favorite team was elite once. I know how this mentality works at times with sports fans. Everyone will watch everything the Packers do very closely. They will find things to nitpick. Find reasons why GB won't win or why their team will win.

I might be the only fan of an opposing team here who truly and honestly wants GB to repeat. I might be a bandwagon fan? Oh wait, wrong thread.

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes who, I agree, they are not awful and they are due for improvement. I dunno, I just can't imagine alot of improvement with Dom Capers as the D-Coordinator.
Please understand I'm looking at the bright side always. Until the Packers lose I refuse to buy into pessimism with this team. Check with me after they lose one ya know?
got ya!

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
OBVIOUSLY you didn't read my introduction post. You really should do that.

I believe the Niners are a more rounded team. They play well on all sides of the ball. The Packers play well when they are passing. And Let's be honest, their defense SUCKS. The thing is, they pass so well, it's hard for ANY team to beat them.

All season long I've been predicting that the Pack will go undefeated. I still believe that. For the NFCCG I believe two outcomes are possible. IF the game is @Candlestick - Packers win because warmer weather favors a long pass game. IF the game is @ Lambeau (and in brutal winter, ice cold, heavy snow) - Niners win because those conditions favor the run game and big defenses. I consider the Superbowl to be the Superbowl. The Packers are merely the only possible team I see beating us.

I don't know how old YOU are, but I've been watching the Packers since Bart Starr was their coach. And the Niners for just as long.

I like you but this is simply ridiculous.
And I already pointed out to you once that the weather thing can be baloney in a well thought out post in another thread once and that YOUR TEAM IS FROM CALIFORNIA. I like you but please, you are not beating the Pack in GB just simply because of the cold as if the Packers were fragile flowers who wilt under the slightest hint of a draft. If thats the case why would the Packers show up? They might as well forfeit and go sip hot chocolate in front of a fire together and weep quietly.

BTW your defense. It's ranked 26th against the pass right now. Sure GB gets torn to shreds because of their passing D numbers but have you checked this out? I am not even a huge stats person but you made me look.....

26th vs. the pass
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst..._NET_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1

Niners 29th ranked passing offense which is one spot higher then then the Colts and two ahead of Denver
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...sonType=REG&tabSeq=2&qualified=true&Submit=Go

The Packers can stop the run decently. What makes you think they won't stop the Niners rushing attack and put the game on Alex Smith's arm? What makes you think Alex Smith can out duel Rodgers? I know you always say it's a team game but aren't the Packers a team too that gets contributions from all areas of the squad at times?!

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
First, the Giants aren't elite. They've beaten two decent teams so far this year, 2. Coughlin's play calling is weird. Eli thinks he's Brett Favre and can "thread" the needle, constantly throwing into coverage. If I was a Niners fan, I'd be happy about the win, but I wouldn't go overboard. That was a plebian team they just beat who gave them a hard time for a while.

I did notice the glaring weakness in the secondary. A smart QB with a stable of receivers like the Packers have isn't going to have much trouble on that end. I'd like to see a Niners/Packers championship too. It's sure be easier than Saints/Packers, or Bears/Packers championship.

Reaction score
Really? Are we editing sentiments these days? You'd be more comfortable if every opposing team came here and praised their team and made grandiose predictions?
If you'd like to praise other teams' success and give their fan board reasons why their team is worthy have at it. I'm not doing it.
I'll tell ya what ARIG, if I think I need a healthy dose of taking smack talk lying down I'll sure give you a ring. I guess you missed the clue that this is packerforum.com and not fortyninerforum.com.
If smack talk is uncomfortable for you or others in the forum please direct fans of other teams to the smack talk area. Posting the kind of stuff this guy did screams of smack talk or maybe I'm not sure of what smack talk is. I can't help it, I'm not a sheep and follow the leader kind of guy. You talk smack, I give it back.
Alright *** balls. When did I ever praise the 49ers. All I did was say congrats on the win. That's all. Plus you can argue without yelling at each other and throwing punches at each other.

OP
OP
Texas9erFan

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like you but this is simply ridiculous.
And I already pointed out to you once that the weather thing can be baloney in a well thought out post in another thread once and that YOUR TEAM IS FROM CALIFORNIA. I like you but please, you are not beating the Pack in GB just simply because of the cold as if the Packers were fragile flowers who wilt under the slightest hint of a draft. If thats the case why would the Packers show up? They might as well forfeit and go sip hot chocolate in front of a fire together and weep quietly.

BTW your defense. It's ranked 26th against the pass right now. Sure GB gets torn to shreds because of their passing D numbers but have you checked this out? I am not even a huge stats person but you made me look.....

26th vs. the pass
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst..._NET_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1

Niners 29th ranked passing offense which is one spot higher then then the Colts and two ahead of Denver
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...sonType=REG&tabSeq=2&qualified=true&Submit=Go

The Packers can stop the run decently. What makes you think they won't stop the Niners rushing attack and put the game on Alex Smith's arm? What makes you think Alex Smith can out duel Rodgers? I know you always say it's a team game but aren't the Packers a team too that gets contributions from all areas of the squad at times?!

I like you too, Jules. And you made a good arguement to support your perspective. But you're not hearing the fact that 90 years of NFL game play have proven. BAD WEATHER FAVORS THE RUNNING GAME. The worse it is, the truer it is.
And I'm not predicting blowouts here. I'm not saying the Pack are wilting flowers either. LOL I'm saying the weather is the great equalizer in a game between the Niners & Packers. Denying that fact is pure homerism.

Regarding our 26th ranked pass defense, YARDS mean nothing except in fantasy football. Take all the yards you want between the 20's. Get inside the red zone and see what happens.

"The Packers can stop the run decently"
OK, I guess we'll see if they stop AP tonight. Honestly, I hope they do and I'll be cheering for them to do it. But....
The Niners have a unique offense in the NFL today. They run & pass and do both efficiently. They often use 2 and sometimes 3 TE sets keeping their opponents guessing as to what is happening next and get the job done with a short game. Fireworks are not needed. DEFENSE IS!

There will NEVER be a shoot out between SF & GB because neither team will score any more than 2... maybe possibly even 3 TD's and 2 or 3, maybe even 4 FG's. But no one's gonna get 3 TD's AND 4 FG's. It'll look a lot like the Niner/Giants game. You can take that to the bank.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
The Packers can run the ball if need be as well. As for Peterson tonight, heck the guy can run on anyone anyway.

Niners fan, I hope you don't get a first round heart ache now coming off a bye because one or two bye weeks teams might......it's not a given that it's going to be Pack/Niners. If it is then I think the Pack win in either GB or SF.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers match up very well with the 9ers and I think we probably win, no matter where the game is played.

SF poor pass defense, Packers strong Pass offense.
SF poor pass offense, Packers poor Pass defense.

Congrats, 9ers are doing much better than expected and the future looks bright. I won't say you don't have a chance though, too much can happen in a game to predict with certainty.

Good luck with the rest of your season.

OP
OP
Texas9erFan

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers can run the ball if need be as well. As for Peterson tonight, heck the guy can run on anyone anyway.

Niners fan, I hope you don't get a first round heart ache now coming off a bye because one or two bye weeks teams might......it's not a given that it's going to be Pack/Niners. If it is then I think the Pack win in either GB or SF.
Oh, by the way, thx for the great football talk. Some OTHER fans are simply not worth replying to. But I value your opinion. Especially since we disagree on a topic or two. It makes things interesting!

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eli can play like an Elite QB, just not consistently, still thought he had a pretty good game though against the 49ers and he still got beat.

It does look like the tone is set for the rest of the season, if both teams keep up the pace we will be meeting in the Championship game, which hopefully by then the defense will have stepped up big time.

NFC Championship game in either Lambeau or SF?

Would be one for the ages.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only way to really settle any argument of who is better at what and where is to have the teams play each other.
That is why I don't get into discussions of what may happen.
I think it's too early to tell at this stage.
A team can beat another in reg. season and then lose to that same team in post.
At this rate, I think the Packers will face someone in Lambeau.
Will it be the Giants, the 49ers, (Two teams I like) or a totally different one that we didn't expect?
We'll just have to wait and see.

I am surprised and impressed by the 49ers and how they are turning things around.
I was a fan of theirs during their glory days with Joe Cool.
So for me, it's good to see that they are getting back into their groove. I keep thinking/waiting for them to lose again, but it looks like they are on a real roll and have found the keys to win.
Good on them and for you, T9F.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Oh, by the way, thx for the great football talk. Some OTHER fans are simply not worth replying to. But I value your opinion. Especially since we disagree on a topic or two. It makes things interesting!

I get snarky at times. I brought up the Niners weeks ago here as a big threat. This is nothing new to me.

The NFC looks superior to me over the AFC though by far. I still think the Niners are a SB contender but I still think they may be a year away from truly being that threat. It would be nice to see the Pack/Niners develop a rivalry though for the first half of this decade or the rest of it much like Pats/Colts was.

I love Harbaugh as you know.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts