Dat's Right... We BAD!

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Oh wait. Eli said he was elite didn't he? You know he is not a bad QB. He is pretty good at times. The E word gets thrown around too much though.

Eli is very good at times.

OP
OP
Texas9erFan

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL
What we have here is a failure to communicate.

Some posters HERE have told me that Eli was elite and that his passing game would easily beat the Niners.
Oh, and that "all you have to do is stop Gore" to win.
BOTH of which is BULL:poop:

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Nope.
I got banned there two years ago for posting an unfavorable review of the new stadium plans then getting into a snit with a mod about it.
I think what the poster meant was that you might want to join a 9er forum to talk about how great your team is. Around here the likely opinion is that although the 9ers may be Bad, the Packers be the BADDEST!
Good luck with your team this year. Although you might like to post that you look forward to an NFCCG against the Pack you should be honest and admit you'd really rather some other team knocks the Packers out of the playoffs before your team plays them. My team won the World Championship last season and even I can admit I'd rather play a wildcard team than a team with a bye in the playoffs.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
LOL
What we have here is a failure to communicate.

Some posters HERE have told me that Eli was elite and that his passing game would easily beat the Niners.
Oh, and that "all you have to do is stop Gore" to win.
BOTH of which is BULL:poop:
Haha, really? I don't ever remember anyplace on any forum where a Packer fan called Eli "elite". I thought it was pretty much recognized that the elite QBs are Peyton, Tom, Drew, Aaron and if you're feeling generous you might sprinkle in a Ben or so.
Also, not picking a fight, but you do mention that both are bs, so you recognize yourself that Eli is not "elite". So your team didn't really just beat a team with an elite QB right?
But I do like me some 9er D. I know it's popular to say defenses win championships but how did that work out for Pittsburgh last year?

OP
OP
Texas9erFan

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think what the poster meant was that you might want to join a 9er forum to talk about how great your team is. Around here the likely opinion is that although the 9ers may be Bad, the Packers be the BADDEST!
Good luck with your team this year. Although you might like to post that you look forward to an NFCCG against the Pack you should be honest and admit you'd really rather some other team knocks the Packers out of the playoffs before your team plays them. My team won the World Championship last season and even I can admit I'd rather play a wildcard team than a team with a bye in the playoffs.
DevilDon, THAT'S WHERE YOU'RE WRONG.
Read my introduction post to the forum. http://www.packerforum.com/threads/first-post-here.31419/
There is absolutely NOTHING that I want more than to see a Niner / Packer NFCCG. Except perhaps a Niner victory in that game.
But no matter who wins it, you can bet your best cheddar that I'll be screaming at the top of my lungs during the SB for them.

I think I'll put my photoshop skills on and put together a less Niner-centric signature for this board. Maybe that will help diffuse some of the confusion... or not! LOL

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
Read my introduction post to the forum. http://www.packerforum.com/threads/first-post-here.31419/
There is absolutely NOTHING that I want more than to see a Niner / Packer NFCCG. Except perhaps a Niner victory in that game.
But no matter who wins it, you can bet your best cheddar that I'll be screaming at the top of my lungs during the SB for them.

I think I'll put my photoshop skills on and put together a less Niner-centric signature for this board. Maybe that will help diffuse some of the confusion... or not! LOL
its fine you have your SF stuff its just u cant expect us to like it. Its cool that u cheer for your team and I respect that but I will continue to talk smack as long as u cheer for SF lol thats what its all about but hey at least ur not a troll and at least u no football

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score

Well let's get to the meat (or cheddar as you like to point out) of the matter shall we? You really believe the 9ers are the better team right? I mean else you'd recognize that a good team (9ers) should statistically lose to an elite team (Packers). So I'm going to stretch that logic out and surmise that you figure your team is the underdog and like all the other teams in the league you view beating the Packers as your team's SB. I get it, all the teams we've faced this year have given us their best shot.
I mean, really, who would have figured the 9ers would be any good this year right? Everyone in the NFL figured 8-8 or so. You further have to extend that thinking that opposing teams of the 9ers probably didn't expect the battle they got this year, at least early. That has to have helped.
Either way, you can bet your best poop-stained chaps (texas) or your rhinestone jumpsuit (San Fran) that I'll be screaming for another team than the 9ers. I respect your team but have no love for them. I don't know if you're old enough to remember the 90's between the 9ers and Packers.
I don't have to like the 9ers but I do respect the Montanas, Youngs and Rices of yesteryear.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Alex Smith passed for 242 yards, a season high, and one touchdown with one interception, only his 3rd of the season.

You do know that Aaron Rodgers plays for the GB Packers right? Not the best place to flaunt those mediocre stats! hahah:)

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I respect the 9ers buddy, but no Packer fan will ever forget the fumble by Rice that cost us our chance at a championship in 1998. Go watch it yourself, the ball is loose well before his knee touches. I know, I know, both teams get calls but that one was blatant.

OP
OP
Texas9erFan

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well let's get to the meat (or cheddar as you like to point out) of the matter shall we? You really believe the 9ers are the better team right? I mean else you'd recognize that a good team (9ers) should statistically lose to an elite team (Packers). So I'm going to stretch that logic out and surmise that you figure your team is the underdog and like all the other teams in the league you view beating the Packers as your team's SB. I get it, all the teams we've faced this year have given us their best shot.
I mean, really, who would have figured the 9ers would be any good this year right? Everyone in the NFL figured 8-8 or so. You further have to extend that thinking that opposing teams of the 9ers probably didn't expect the battle they got this year, at least early. That has to have helped.
Either way, you can bet your best poop-stained chaps (texas) or your rhinestone jumpsuit (San Fran) that I'll be screaming for another team than the 9ers. I respect your team but have no love for them. I don't know if you're old enough to remember the 90's between the 9ers and Packers.
I don't have to like the 9ers but I do respect the Montanas, Youngs and Rices of yesteryear.
OBVIOUSLY you didn't read my introduction post. You really should do that.

I believe the Niners are a more rounded team. They play well on all sides of the ball. The Packers play well when they are passing. And Let's be honest, their defense SUCKS. The thing is, they pass so well, it's hard for ANY team to beat them.

All season long I've been predicting that the Pack will go undefeated. I still believe that. For the NFCCG I believe two outcomes are possible. IF the game is @Candlestick - Packers win because warmer weather favors a long pass game. IF the game is @ Lambeau (and in brutal winter, ice cold, heavy snow) - Niners win because those conditions favor the run game and big defenses. I consider the Superbowl to be the Superbowl. The Packers are merely the only possible team I see beating us.

I don't know how old YOU are, but I've been watching the Packers since Bart Starr was their coach. And the Niners for just as long.

OP
OP
Texas9erFan

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I respect the 9ers buddy, but no Packer fan will ever forget the fumble by Rice that cost us our chance at a championship in 1998. Go watch it yourself, the ball is loose well before his knee touches. I know, I know, both teams get calls but that one was blatant.
Oh stop crying, you lost. Get over it.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
OBVIOUSLY you didn't read my introduction post. You really should do that.

I believe the Niners are a more rounded team. They play well on all sides of the ball. The Packers play well when they are passing. And Let's be honest, their defense SUCKS. The thing is, they pass so well, it's hard for ANY team to beat them.

All season long I've been predicting that the Pack will go undefeated. I still believe that. For the NFCCG I believe two outcomes are possible. IF the game is @Candlestick - Packers win because warmer weather favors a long pass game. IF the game is @ Lambeau (and in brutal winter, ice cold, heavy snow) - Niners win because those conditions favor the run game and big defenses. I consider the Superbowl to be the Superbowl. The Packers are merely the only possible team I see beating us.

I don't know how old YOU are, but I've been watching the Packers since Bart Starr was their coach. And the Niners for just as long.
LOL, what in God's green earth makes you think I'm even slightly interested in reading your introductory post? You flatter yourself to think Packer fans might value your opinion over other Packer fans.
You come to our forum and start a post about how great your team is, I take a shot at that and you jump right to the "cheddar" statement. I'm okay with that but let's get something straight. I don't like the San Francisco 49ers and I don't like anything about the State of Texas for that matter. So you come here with your poopy chaps over your rhinestone jumpsuit you better be prepared to have a grilled cheddar in your grill right?
I welcome your predictions of course, because they are as sensible as anything anybody here can offer. They're predictions ya know? But you did in fact come here to guano talk. You say the niners are a more rounded team right? They play well on all sides of the ball. How many sides are there to an oblate spheroid? I think you mean BOTH sides but I'll allow it.
So here you are on a Packers forum and you just said to me the Packers D SUCKS did you not? But they've gotten picks and turnovers consistently and have bailed out the team in the closing moments of game after game. They may not be proficient in yards held but they are certainly successful.
Packers can run the ball as effectively as the 9ers if they want to so your scenario where the 9ers are a better cold weather team is ridiculous. My team is the Green Bay Packers and they play in Green Bay Wisconsin in the elements. They beat the 9ers in all elements my friend unless the 9ers get a ridiculous call as they did in 98.
Finally, I've been listening to and following the Packers since Bart Starr was their QB not coach. You couldn't catch them on TV back then but you heard and read about it.

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL, what in God's green earth makes you think I'm even slightly interested in reading your introductory post? You flatter yourself to think Packer fans might value your opinion over other Packer fans.
You come to our forum and start a post about how great your team is, I take a shot at that and you jump right to the "cheddar" statement. I'm okay with that but let's get something straight. I don't like the San Francisco 49ers and I don't like anything about the State of Texas for that matter. So you come here with your poopy chaps over your rhinestone jumpsuit you better be prepared to have a grilled cheddar in your grill right?
I welcome your predictions of course, because they are as sensible as anything anybody here can offer. They're predictions ya know? But you did in fact come here to guano talk. You say the niners are a more rounded team right? They play well on all sides of the ball. How many sides are there to an oblate spheroid? I think you mean BOTH sides but I'll allow it.
So here you are on a Packers forum and you just said to me the Packers D SUCKS did you not? But they've gotten picks and turnovers consistently and have bailed out the team in the closing moments of game after game. They may not be proficient in yards held but they are certainly successful.
Packers can run the ball as effectively as the 9ers if they want to so your scenario where the 9ers are a better cold weather team is ridiculous. My team is the Green Bay Packers and they play in Green Bay Wisconsin in the elements. They beat the 9ers in all elements my friend unless the 9ers get a ridiculous call as they did in 98.
Finally, I've been listening to and following the Packers since Bart Starr was their QB not coach. You couldn't catch them on TV back then but you heard and read about it.

to be fair man, the packers defense, although not awful, is not too great.

On the bright side, there is always room for improvement (8 games for improvement)

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Oh stop crying, you lost. Get over it.
Really? That's your intelligent post? I'm over it dude. Get over the fact that your 49ers have sucked hind ***** in the NFL for years while my Green Bay Packers have been competitive year after year. So now you wanna just ignore the past and say "hey it's all about this year's team" right?
No sweat, it's obviously a sore spot for a team to have to recognize they were HANDED the playoff game. Let's hope your team can play solid football in the playoffs instead of being handed a victory. But PLEASE inject your replies with more insightful reasons on why we should all adore the fluffy little gold and red guys from San Fran!!!

Reaction score
Calm down fella.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
to be fair man, the packers defense, although not awful, is not too great.

On the bright side, there is always room for improvement (8 games for improvement)
Yes who, I agree, they are not awful and they are due for improvement. I dunno, I just can't imagine alot of improvement with Dom Capers as the D-Coordinator.
Please understand I'm looking at the bright side always. Until the Packers lose I refuse to buy into pessimism with this team. Check with me after they lose one ya know?

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Calm down fella.
Really? Are we editing sentiments these days? You'd be more comfortable if every opposing team came here and praised their team and made grandiose predictions?
If you'd like to praise other teams' success and give their fan board reasons why their team is worthy have at it. I'm not doing it.
I'll tell ya what ARIG, if I think I need a healthy dose of taking smack talk lying down I'll sure give you a ring. I guess you missed the clue that this is packerforum.com and not fortyninerforum.com.
If smack talk is uncomfortable for you or others in the forum please direct fans of other teams to the smack talk area. Posting the kind of stuff this guy did screams of smack talk or maybe I'm not sure of what smack talk is. I can't help it, I'm not a sheep and follow the leader kind of guy. You talk smack, I give it back.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts