Daryn Colledge disappointed Packers didn’t invite him to White House

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Most of the Packers visited the White House last week to meet with President Barack Obama. *The 2011 Packers. At least one member of the 2010 team isn’t thrilled with the Packers’ decision to leave players from last year’s team behind. “It’s a disappointing fact that they didn’t even call guys that helped win to…
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
It's PFT.com. Florio likes to dish gossip and dirt on the Packers. It's like a hobby to him. Remember the Aaron Rodgers thing last year?

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, but to be fair, Colledge isn't totally wrong. I do believe the former players like Cullen Jenkins, Brandon Jackson and Colledge, players that actually contributed to our Super Bowl victory, should have at least received an invite. (Barnett missed more than half the season, and therefore did nothing to help us win. I could care less if he got an invite or not.)

That said, not only is it a logistical nightmare to coordinate travel for 3 separate players out of 3 separate cities, PLUS the whole team, but I'm sure this visit was the furthest thing from the Packers minds. To be honest, I'm willing to be they would have skipped it altogether or planned it for a different weekend if Saturday's game had been in a different location further away. The Packers focus is in preparing for the upcoming season, not celebrating.

All in all it's just another casualty of the lockout. I'm bummed for the players like Jenkins, Colledge and B. Jackson who didn't get to go, but at the same time, they need to understand the lockout screwed a lot of things up.

Members online

Latest posts