Darren "The Subdued" Sharper

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was reading an article from Minnesota that quoted Sharper, and so far he doesn't seem to be boasting as much as he was earlier in the year when he left Green Bay. He said:

"It's the next game, nothing more than that," said safety Darren Sharper, who joined the Vikings in the offseason after eight years with Green Bay. "They're 1-4 just like we are. ... We have to be professionals and find a way to win. Right now, we're just not playing well. If we keep on the way we've been going, it's not going to matter who we're playing."

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, he may be subdues, but his coach isn't. On our local news tonight, Tice said they were lucky because they were going to be playing the Packers this weekend, and they needed some luck. That sounded--to me--as if he is planning for his team to beat the Pack. I certainly hope that he is UNLUCKY once again.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember last summer Sharper saying he won't be catching INT's against Farve for free now.

Duller has almost completely burned his bridges with the Packers and he will never be completely accepted as a Viking. His whole football career and life after football were completely altered for an extra million dollars from the Vikings this year.

He may soon realize a reputation is more valuable than a million dollars.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
carol k said:
Well, he may be subdues, but his coach isn't. On our local news tonight, Tice said they were lucky because they were going to be playing the Packers this weekend, and they needed some luck. That sounded--to me--as if he is planning for his team to beat the Pack. I certainly hope that he is UNLUCKY once again.

IIRC Tice guaranteed a win this past weekend against the Bears too. But the Queens didn't even score a TD!

KansasViking

Cheesehead
Reaction score
carol k said:

Well, Tice also guaranteed we would beat the Bears after the Bye week and you saw how that turned out. Tice may be singing a different tune next week if the team can't play at least average football this Sunday. For Cripes sake, we have one offensive touchdown in garbage time in the last 25 possessions. What makes the man think we are lucky this week. :roll:

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts