Darren Sharper Back In Green Bay??????????????

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll ring up the DVR, but I remember he got beat quite a few times before the first pick. Also on the Panthers last drive, he got beat deep with safety help on just one deep WR.

Point is. People harped on people bringing up Sharper having a lot of big plays by saying he gets beat a lot, allows big plays. Seriously, last year and this last Sunday Woodson got beat a crapload. Not to mention, Woodson gets called for a lot of penalties (and gets away with some to be honest).

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll ring up the DVR, but I remember he got beat quite a few times before the first pick. Also on the Panthers last drive, he got beat deep with safety help on just one deep WR.

Point is. People harped on people bringing up Sharper having a lot of big plays by saying he gets beat a lot, allows big plays. Seriously, last year and this last Sunday Woodson got beat a crapload. Not to mention, Woodson gets called for a lot of penalties (and gets away with some to be honest).
The difference is Woodson's role is not to be sound all the time, is to make plays.

The FS in Capers' scheme cannot get beat constantly, as Capers plays cover 1 A BUNCH OF TIMES, leaving the FS as the last line of defense.

And Sharper is awful in that role. Sharper may be a HoF, but playing the "rover". As a true Free Safety, covering deep, he's not very good. If you think about it, you'll remember plenty of times Sharper gave up stupid plays. Even during 09, when he was making a bunch of plays, he was amongst the leaders in big plays given. Heck, he's not good anymore PERIOD. There's a reason, with so many injuries to the secondary, and with Roman Harper getting beat consistantly, the Saints didn't bring Sharper back. And he knows their playbook inside out.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts