Darren Sharper Back In Green Bay??????????????

Chillarfan54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw Darren's twitter messages lately about going to the Brewers game and tweeting about the Packers/Saints game. He seemed pretty happy to be back in GB. So, i hope they can sign him. He was always one of my favs back when he was with the team.

Say they do sign him. Would he take another number , since Morgan wears # 42? You know how some players are attached to their numbers.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I like Sharper, and the way he played back in 2009 for the Saints was just amazing. He had picks returned for touchdowns left and right.

At the same time, he looked hungry in '09, but since he got a ring he's just toned down. He wasn't a big factor for the Saints last season. While they were a big team that collected turnovers when they won the Super Bowl, they were lazy last year, he didn't play like the same Darren Sharper you seen most of his career.

I wouldn't mind seeing him come back to GB as a back up, but I think he's past his prime. He played lights out the year he got a ring, and last year he barely did anything. Maybe if he's on our roster knowing how big of a competition we are to other teams, it would make him play lights out again?

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
I liked him when he played for us. I'm sure Greg Jennings will be happy to not have to run from the hardest hitting safety in the league.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Sharper, and the way he played back in 2009 for the Saints was just amazing. He had picks returned for touchdowns left and right.

At the same time, he looked hungry in '09, but since he got a ring he's just toned down. He wasn't a big factor for the Saints last season. While they were a big team that collected turnovers when they won the Super Bowl, they were lazy last year, he didn't play like the same Darren Sharper you seen most of his career.

I wouldn't mind seeing him come back to GB as a back up, but I think he's past his prime. He played lights out the year he got a ring, and last year he barely did anything. Maybe if he's on our roster knowing how big of a competition we are to other teams, it would make him play lights out again?

the saints were pretty big competition to teams last year...I would like to have him come in for a workout though, never hurts

Krymestone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agreed, bogart. sharper was the playmaker the saints badly needed in '09 and was a total ballhawk. last year, he was hurt and complacent. that seemed to happen to a lot of their players last year. but sharper may just be done as far as a difference maker. still, he'd probably still be a decent option as a backup, as was suggested.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't need him. Don't want him. He is about 10 years past his prime. He was never willing to play the safety position and considered himself a vigilante pick off artist or something. Best picture of him is when he signed with Minny, the Minny paper had a pic of him running towards the camera. In the frame you can see a blurry ball carrier about 10 yards in front of him. Yep, he got beat/took a bad angle/messed up somehow which is what you got with that guy too often.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe not sign him to come take a spot right away. But more or less to let Peprah know that if he doesnt bring his A game there are other people on the team they feel comfortable checking out. Right now behind Burnett and Peprah is an abyss and someone breathing down your neck usually makes for good competition.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
But didn't Sharper go over to the dark side and don the putrid purple? Not sure I want a turncoat back on the team.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
He played for the Saints after the stint in Minnesota... but yeah.... it would be really hard to see him back in GB after sporting the limp horn.

So far as I can tell this is all just speculation,..nothing coming from MM or TT right??

jamie97520

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Darren Sharper is a ball hawk and hits like a linebacker. I can see this happening to be honest. The coaches have total faith in Peprah and Burnett but after a leader like Collins goes down it wouldnt do any harm to bring in a veteran like Sharper to be a leader for the young guys.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Hmmm let's see after 4th and 26.

2009 - 9 interceptions, 3 returned for touchdowns, and 71 tackles

4 picks in 2007 and 2006.

I think he's still got it in him, but he's getting old. He was hurt most of last year, but when he was in games for the Saints, he did not give them that edge that they needed.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmmm let's see after 4th and 26.

2009 - 9 interceptions, 3 returned for touchdowns, and 71 tackles

4 picks in 2007 and 2006.

I think he's still got it in him, but he's getting old. He was hurt most of last year, but when he was in games for the Saints, he did not give them that edge that they needed.
You forgot the other side of the equation:

Stupid plays - blown coverage/poor tackling/poor angles/etc:

2009: 29
2007: 23
2006: 21

Members online

Latest posts