Darren Sharper Back In Green Bay??????????????

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind bringing him back as a backup. It would take time for him to learn the playbook and our scheme, but as of right now i consider peprah our backup. He filled in great for burnett last year and hopefully he can do it again.

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT loves cutting 35 year old players, not signing them. There is a reason why Sharper is not playing right now. When Grant went down last year, did TT sign a RB? I don't think he is looking for a safety right now. Perhaps he should have moved Chastin West to the active roster - as I hear the Jags may have signed him.

I heard Willie Wood would like to try and make a comeback with Green Bay...

Big E

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I highly doubt that it would happen, but I wouldn't mind seeing it. Peprah is solid back there and Burnett had a really good game against the Panthers. I'm just worried if either of them have to come out of the game.

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
bring him in, no reason not too, from the looks of it, should have kept giordano around, he is doing well in Oakland.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
My fondest memories of Darren Sharper was watching him trail a Packer WR into the endzone.

I say... never gonna happen.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Hard for me to believe TT would pull the trigger on Sharper. But, stranger things have happened.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While we are at it we should see if Leroy Butler wants to try out too.

Sharper has a try out in Denver? Sooo Brian Dawkins and Sharper? oldest safties in the league or what?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Flynn goes down I wonder who the media would speculate as a backup off the street.....I can hear the word "gunslinger" being said right now.

This is a joke, I know we would activate Graham more than likely. No way TT would ever make that phone call.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I just don't see Sharper happening. It is not TT's usual method. Picking up someone they cut last month is more his MO. Or raiding someones practice squad. They may even go with a CB and move Wood or Bush to safety for the season. Is Underwood healed up?

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From 8:13 PM tonight, Central Time, via Twitter:

sharper42 Darren Sharper
Very interesting things going on now..., stay tuned!

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Darren Sharper... da hardest hittin safety in da league... hahahaha...

I wouldnt mind seeing him come back to GB... He still has some football in him... If he can stay healthy!

He put da team on his back do.

I wouldn't mind having him back, even if he's never played in the 3-4 and is getting up there in age, he brings some veteran leadership and he's still a good player.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
I just don't see Sharper happening. It is not TT's usual method. Picking up someone they cut last month is more his MO. Or raiding someones practice squad. They may even go with a CB and move Wood or Bush to safety for the season. Is Underwood healed up?

We can't move Woodson to Safety because of CB depth. I'd rather have Peprah at FS and Burnett at SS than have Jarrett Bush on the field every play. Whey Bush plays near the line he's alright, but in coverage......you might as well just accept the fact that the opposing team is going to get a TD or a big completetion​

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We can't move Woodson to Safety because of CB depth. I'd rather have Peprah at FS and Burnett at SS than have Jarrett Bush on the field every play. He's terrible in coverage.​

He is better than he was. I dont think anyone has improved that much on the team as he has

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Whoever is back there is going to suffer by comparison. Pro-bowl caliber safeties aren't out of work the second week of the season.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whoever is back there is going to suffer by comparison. Pro-bowl caliber safeties aren't out of work the second week of the season.
Exactly.
This isn't like replacing Brad Jones, or Frank Zombo.
It's going to be a significant dropoff, downgrade.

I didn't think we could sustain the loss of J-Mike last year, and we did somehow.
Hopefully somehow Burnett can play lights-out and Peprah his steady self.

But the problem is there's no way in the world both of them will go without getting hurt. Both of them could go down.
We need to get backups ready, sooner than later. There is nobody competent at safety after them. And don't give me Brandon Underwood.

This loss really really bums me out, saddens me.

Reaction score
I have a lot of trust in Peprah. I'm positive we will do fine. Burnett is blossoming like a rose in spring. Just wait and see!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts