damn...

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I think we could've beat the Pats. All they have is Brady.

There were times tonight I felt whoever won this game won it all. I really did. I mean if you can get to Brady and get to him often you can beat the Pats. Problem is I just think the Giants offense is going to do a bigger number on NE then the Niners could have.The Pats will struggle with the receivers of the Giants and their talent.

And when the Giants played in NE this year they had a banged up JPP and no Nicks/Bradshaw.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I don't want to blame that game on Kyle Williams but the 49ers offense looked absolutely dreadful. Had the Saints played a good defensive game like the Giants, they would have beat them. I had a feeling the offense is what would kill San Francisco. 1 for 12 on 3rd down conversions, and Smith looked like good ole Alex constantly dumping off to the RB's all day and only throwing to Vernon Davis. Even if Williams didn't fumble, you can't guarantee all of a sudden they would have picked up steam and drove down the field and won the game. They had a great defensive unit that played lights out, but as it did all year, the offense plagued them. Alex Smith is great against a horrible Saints defense, but he is average at best against a better one.

That was rather depressing to watch. The 49ers defense reminded me so much of the Saints physically trying to kill Brett Favre back in the 2009 NFC Championship, and it just showed the hunger and desire to be winners from those guys, and they lost. Eli took the beating of his life, I have never seen him get hit and drug into the turf as many times as I did tonight, just as the Saints gave Favre the best beating he ever took in his 20 years.

Anyone that thinks the 49ers defense is dirty for being aggressive, think again cause they are just aggressive, extremely aggressive. Those guys were playing the game of their lives and put 101% effort into it.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I don't want to blame that game on Kyle Williams but the 49ers offense looked absolutely dreadful. Had the Saints played a good defensive game like the Giants, they would have beat them. I had a feeling the offense is what would kill San Francisco. 1 for 12 on 3rd down conversions, and Smith looked like good ole Alex constantly dumping off to the RB's all day and only throwing to Vernon Davis. Even if Williams didn't fumble, you can't guarantee all of a sudden they would have picked up steam and drove down the field and won the game. They had a great defensive unit that played lights out, but as it did all year, the offense plagued them. Alex Smith is great against a horrible Saints defense, but he is average at best against a better one.

That was rather depressing to watch. The 49ers defense reminded me so much of the Saints physically trying to kill Brett Favre back in the 2009 NFC Championship, and it just showed the hunger and desire to be winners from those guys, and they lost. Eli took the beating of his life, I have never seen him get hit and drug into the turf as many times as I did tonight, just as the Saints gave Favre the best beating he ever took in his 20 years.

Anyone that thinks the 49ers defense is dirty for being aggressive, think again cause they are just aggressive, extremely aggressive. Those guys were playing the game of their lives and put 101% effort into it.

I think we were all hoping the downfall of the Niners offense happened in Green Bay. *sigh*

Gotta give both Eli and the Niners D credit. That was hardcore. That is what I have been waiting to watch. Eli is a tough SOB.

Put a top QB on the Niners and that team is lethal. Thats a better D then whats in Baltimore/Pittsburgh/Houston.

I was worried watching the Saints/Vikings game I admit. I felt that whoever won that battle would win the title deep down due to being more battle tested like I felt in 2006 when the Colts/Pats went head to head in the title game. Colts may have beaten the Vikings but I think Peyton might have struggled even more vs. their front 4. The AFC title games just have not been impressing me over recent years.

We beat Sanchez/Flacco to get to the big one in 2009. The Pats beat Tebow and Flacco. Steelers last year got Sanchez/Flacco.

Does someone always have to beat ****ing Flacco?

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I think we were all hoping the downfall of the Niners offense happened in Green Bay. *sigh*

Gotta give both Eli and the Niners D credit. That was hardcore. That is what I have been waiting to watch. Eli is a tough SOB.

Put a top QB on the Niners and that team is lethal. Thats a better D then whats in Baltimore/Pittsburgh/Houston.

I was worried watching the Saints/Vikings game I admit. I felt that whoever won that battle would win the title deep down due to being more battle tested like I felt in 2006 when the Colts/Pats went head to head in the title game. Colts may have beaten the Vikings but I think Peyton might have struggled even more vs. their front 4. The AFC title games just have not been impressing me over recent years.

We beat Sanchez/Flacco to get to the big one in 2009. The Pats beat Tebow and Flacco. Steelers last year got Sanchez/Flacco.

Does someone always have to beat ****ing Flacco?

Yes someone has to beat him because he sucks lol

If I was a Ravens fan I'd want to beat him silly for standing in the pocket and proving when I say he has absolutely no pocket awareness at all, he continues to prove me right.

Baltimore needed a QB, and 3 offensive linemen and a few good receivers behind winning a Super Bowl this year.

I think the Texans could have beat the Patriots today...With Schaub and a healthy Arian going all over the place. Not a doubt in mind they would have beat the Ravens had Schaub played, but I still think the refs hold a big hand in helping the Pats out of this one by not reviewing the Evans catch, and calling back 2 interceptions. I hate to sound like mr. negative to everything, but I felt like the refs were just dying for a Giants/Patriots rematch.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Yes someone has to beat him because he sucks lol

If I was a Ravens fan I'd want to beat him silly for standing in the pocket and proving when I say he has absolutely no pocket awareness at all, he continues to prove me right.

Baltimore needed a QB, and 3 offensive linemen and a few good receivers behind winning a Super Bowl this year.

I think the Texans could have beat the Patriots today...With Schaub and a healthy Arian going all over the place. Not a doubt in mind they would have beat the Ravens had Schaub played, but I still think the refs hold a big hand in helping the Pats out of this one by not reviewing the Evans catch, and calling back 2 interceptions. I hate to sound like mr. negative to everything, but I felt like the refs were just dying for a Giants/Patriots rematch.

I feel like with Schaub the Texans were SB bound as well. It's one of the saddest things of the year to happen.

Flacco makes me mad just based on his awful Aaron Rodger's wannabee facial hair at times.

Holy ****. If I hear one more time about revenge on the Ravens by the Pats I will scream. The 2009 Pats WERE NOT going to win a title. They would not even have gotten by Indy. Indy was the only real AFC team that year.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I feel like with Schaub the Texans were SB bound as well. It's one of the saddest things of the year to happen.

Flacco makes me mad just based on his awful Aaron Rodger's wannabee facial hair at times.

Holy ****. If I hear one more time about revenge on the Ravens by the Pats I will scream. The 2009 Pats WERE NOT going to win a title. They would not even have gotten by Indy. Indy was the only real AFC team that year.

When I think of the 2009 Pats I like to picture the dismantling of them by the Saints. That was the best game of 2009, period just that look on Brady's face after he threw the 2nd INT, still makes me laugh. That game and losing to the Colts sums up how great they were that year.

There is NO WAY IN HELL the 2009 Pats would have made it to the Super Bowl, and without the refs help calling back 2 INT's and not reviewing Evans reception, can't say they didn't have help at all. Indy would have smothered them had they beat Baltimore.

I feel worse for the Texans than I do the Saints, and that's tough for me to say cause I absolutely love N.O., but I knew their defense could blow it for them. Houston on the other hand had a great QB, elite WR, and the best RB in the league, with an out standing defense on the other side. Schaub could have beat the Patriots today, and Arian would have ran wild.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
When I think of the 2009 Pats I like to picture the dismantling of them by the Saints. That was the best game of 2009, period just that look on Brady's face after he threw the 2nd INT, still makes me laugh. That game and losing to the Colts sums up how great they were that year.

There is NO WAY IN HELL the 2009 Pats would have made it to the Super Bowl, and without the refs help calling back 2 INT's and not reviewing Evans reception, can't say they didn't have help at all. Indy would have smothered them had they beat Baltimore.

I feel worse for the Texans than I do the Saints, and that's tough for me to say cause I absolutely love N.O., but I knew their defense could blow it for them. Houston on the other hand had a great QB, elite WR, and the best RB in the league, with an out standing defense on the other side. Schaub could have beat the Patriots today, and Arian would have ran wild.

Houston is gonna be lethal for a few years. Thats one reason why I am not so crazy on Peyton coming back either if he does. It's just gonna be so tough to compete with them. And Wade owns Peyton. I almost would rather have Luck take his beating for a few years and building around him with new coaches and stuff. See what sticks.

I know a 9-7 team never won a SB but I still think this Giants team is better then 9-7. A bottom 3 D never won it all either lol. The Giants were hurting a lot this year in many areas. They blew some games.

I just sometimes can't believe how beatable the AFC was. I mean really? This was the best we could do? Tebow? A team who got creamed in Buffalo in a must win game....that Tebow?

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Houston is gonna be lethal for a few years. Thats one reason why I am not so crazy on Peyton coming back either if he does. It's just gonna be so tough to compete with them. And Wade owns Peyton. I almost would rather have Luck take his beating for a few years and building around him with new coaches and stuff. See what sticks.

I know a 9-7 team never won a SB but I still think this Giants team is better then 9-7. A bottom 3 D never won it all either lol. The Giants were hurting a lot this year in many areas. They blew some games.

I just sometimes can't believe how beatable the AFC was. I mean really? This was the best we could do? Tebow? A team who got creamed in Buffalo in a must win game....that Tebow?

While the AFC was beatable, the NFC didn't seem to help either.

GB and NO, best offenses, bottom 3 in defense

SF, great defense, no offense.

Come to think of it, Houston was the most complete team but losing Schaub really hurt them.

On another note about Houston, it's almost scary how much they look like one of Bum's old Luv Ya Blue Oiler teams from the late 70's and early 80's, except a quarterback like Matt Schaub was the one thing that Wade's old man could never find. Dan Pastroni and Kenny Stabler are remembered more for INTs in a Houston uniform rather than TD's.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I am afraid of Houston vs. Peyton if he is back. I know how rough they will be. Ouch. Thats why I almost want to roll with Luck and let him develop. Luck is a super smart guy. He can handle it. Peyton only won 3 games his rookie year for Gods sakes.

Damn today was emotionally charged up for me. I had a bad feeling on the Colts going back to January as soon as the Jets game was over. I also really and truly was feeling Baltimore and I feel they got robbed.

Poor Peyton. What did he ever do to the football Gods? His brother and Brady going head to head in his stadium in a year he misses?

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think the Texans with Schaub would have absolutely beat the Patriots or anybody else in the AFC.

757Niner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't mean to rub it in or anything texasniner, but you guys won't win championships with Alex Smith at the helm... You guys are so good in all phases, but Alex Smith really is your weakest link.

If it wasn't for Alex, there would have been no NFC Championship game to play. Our 3rd down woes have been our Achilles Heel all year and it came back to bite us again yesterday. 90% is play-calling. Our offense isnt built to abandon the run and sit back in shotgun for 3 downs. We just dont have the firepower to pass on every down and that I will blame on Jimbaugh and Roman for those last two posessions under 5 mins went they got very predictable. Heavy sets, mutiple formations and playaction was working and they just completely went away from it when the clock got under 5 mins. Shotgun makes us easy to defend because we always max protect and we get too predictable with the route combinations. Go look at the Saints game.....same thing every third down. We go shotgun, we don't convert. WRs couldnt get off man coverage to save their life, they doubled VD, Walker looked rusty and a bit out of sync, what do you do on 3rd and 12? Alex played a good game, made throws when they were there to make, minus the one where K-10 got behind the defense. Those throws short in the flat where he threw at WRs feet I can live with. They would have been for very little gain, if any and I think that was Alex just throwing the ball away.
We'll be fine. This was Alex's first year in the offense so he will only get better. We add some playmakers on the outside that secondaries must respect, it will open things up for VD and Walker underneath and we will be become a more balanced and dangerous team going foward. Im disappointed but far from angry. We had a great run and the best is yet to come. Should be a good off-season if your a Niner fan.

757Niner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we could've beat the Pats. All they have is Brady.

We would have destroyed the Pats offense. Our defense matches up well with their offense. And Brady is a statue in the pocket. We would have beaten the Pats because one dimensional offenses like theirs are easier for us to defend. Teams that always give us trouble are more balanced teams like the G-Men who actually do commit to running the ball, which sells the play-action more. I think our defense would have had a field day with that offense honestly and caused a couple of turnovers.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
We would have destroyed the Pats offense. Our defense matches up well with their offense. And Brady is a statue in the pocket. We would have beaten the Pats because one dimensional offenses like theirs are easier for us to defend. Teams that always give us trouble are more balanced teams like the G-Men who actually do commit to running the ball, which sells the play-action more. I think our defense would have had a field day with that offense honestly and caused a couple of turnovers.

It depends. I think the Pats would have preferred Alex Smith over Eli and his talented receivers indoors. Shut down the run of the Niners and double Davis.

Eli is gonna pull out a lucky play or two in this game. Mark that down. It's inevitable.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts