Damn! Just make a decision!

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
He'll make a decision soon. Draft is way more important than FA. We'll be fine.

Regardless of whether or not we'll be fine, I still think it's a bit inconsiderate.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
since when does hanyone have to retire on someone else's time? Favre could do like most athletes and not ever say anything and then one day say, "ok that's it. I am done".

Favre does not owe us anything nor the team. He is on his own timeline. And he is entitled to that.

Are you concerned about the fact that Woodson might retire? how bout Harris? Driver?

The only reason Favre is an issue is because everyone asks him every year. He is just honest about his thoughts and shares them. most don't.

I am sick and tired of everyone thinking they deserve something from the man. We have long since gotten much more than we deserve.

Have you all told your employer wether or not you are going to retire next week?

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree more with Trippster.

Relax, folks. Favre doesn't owe us or the team anything.

FA is when GMs do stupid things. I don't like it. I'm glad we got a 2nd for Williams. Look at our salary cap situation now. Look at our future. Two 2nd round picks already.

TT is a genius. No matter what decision Favre makes, we'll be fine.

Have patience, folks. It's an exciting time to be a Packers fan.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love this thread!!!!! Did someone go back through the last 4 years and pull an old thread out and bump it up. Looks like evey other thread from the past.

Bret will decide when he decides, MM and TT have their plan put in place, whether it is Brett or A-Rod at QB MM has already stated that the plan remaines the same.

If a FA's decision hinges on whether Brett is at QB, do you really want him on The Packers?

This thread will go where evey other one of these has went after Brett announces he will be back for 2008. Buried until the end of next year!!!

How "Bout them Brewers!!!!!!! :D :D :D

I'm actually a reds fan but sonce this is a Wisconsin forum.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score

Wanna place a little friendly wager on the Brewers vs Red's series this year? :lol:

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Buckeyepackfan said:

Wanna place a little friendly wager on the Brewers vs Red's series this year? :lol:

I wish I was as confident about The Reds as I am about The Packers.
But I am not. :(
I will get to see them play each other the 3rd week of April, our state bowling tourn. is in Cincy this year and The Brew crew is in town that weekend. :D :D

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
since when does hanyone have to retire on someone else's time? Favre could do like most athletes and not ever say anything and then one day say, "ok that's it. I am done".

Favre does not owe us anything nor the team. He is on his own timeline. And he is entitled to that.

Are you concerned about the fact that Woodson might retire? how bout Harris? Driver?

The only reason Favre is an issue is because everyone asks him every year. He is just honest about his thoughts and shares them. most don't.

I am sick and tired of everyone thinking they deserve something from the man. We have long since gotten much more than we deserve.

Have you all told your employer wether or not you are going to retire next week?

Amen! Preach it brotha! People, should stop villianizing the Favrester! He gave the Packers team and fans more of himself than any other athlete I can think of.

I'd like to know, just like anyone else here and like most people, I'd like to see him stay at least another year. It's a tough decision for him to make.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Amen! Preach it brotha! People, should stop villianizing the Favrester! He gave the Packers team and fans more of himself than any other athlete I can think of.

I'd like to know, just like anyone else here and like most people, I'd like to see him stay at least another year. It's a tough decision for him to make.

Well said. for those of us old enough to remember the 70s and 80s, I'm so glad Favre gave us the years he's given us. I can't thank him enough.

I remember getting giddy about being good enough to have an 8-8 season.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ElleBlue said:

Well said. for those of us old enough to remember the 70s and 80s, I'm so glad Favre gave us the years he's given us. I can't thank him enough.

8-8????
Heck......i remember when i felt like it was a winning season if we beat the Bears ONCE! :lol:

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:
ElleBlue said:

8-8????
Heck......i remember when i felt like it was a winning season if we beat the Bears ONCE! :lol:

You got that right! :lol: The reason I want Favre to stay is so we don't go BACK to the 70's and 80's. I rather enjoyed the 16 years of routing for such a well respected team. 8)

Reaction score
You got that right! :lol: The reason I want Favre to stay is so we don't go BACK to the 70's and 80's. I rather enjoyed the 16 years of routing for such a well respected team. 8)

But we won't if Favre retires. That's partially what was so great last year, the emergence of a second QB.

Either way, I agree with what TO said, it's not important to have had Favre's decision by today. I imagine a player would come to the Packers for the fact that this team has been built to have sustained success just as much as he would to play with Favre.

Besides, if a player really wanted to play with Favre, I'm sure the player could get Favre's # and get in touch with him, and get a feel for what Favre plans to do.

The only position that we'd surely need a FA at if Favre retired would be QB, and there are plenty of vets out there that will be available a week into Free Agency.

However, if there is still no word in about a week or so, I'll be getting a little ticked off because then Brett might be hurting the franchise with his indecision.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Zombieslayer said:
ElleBlue said:

8-8????

Yup Elle! We have been rather spoiled since Favre came here. I hope the winning remains after Favre leaves.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup Elle! We have been rather spoiled since Favre came here. I hope the winning remains after Favre leaves.[/quote]

Well, Cal2GB says Aaron will usher in a new era of Packer dominance. I hope he's right. :cool:

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ElleBlue said:
cheesey said:
Zombieslayer said:
ElleBlue said:

8-8????

Yup Elle! We have been rather spoiled since Favre came here. I hope the winning remains after Favre leaves.

Yup! We've been spoiled ROTTEN! :twisted:

So all you peeps, who think Favre is selfish or inconsiderate, I only have this to say...
"That's my quarterback! Don't you be talkin' about my quarterback!" *sniff*

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My 2 cents.

Packers already know what Favre is doing, but are keeping it to themselves so that other teams dont know what to expect. If that is not true, then Favre is hurting the Packers. The degree is debatable.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That would be fine, IF TRUE. But to assume that, after 5 years of this horse and pony show....no.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At worst, we lose out on Free Agency.

Come to think of it, that may be a GOOD thing.

Build the team through the draft and reward players that perform. I know that's boring and unsexy, but that's a big part of the reason we were 13-3 last year.

Now, for the 3rd time, we'll be fine. Relax.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My 2 cents.

Packers already know what Favre is doing, but are keeping it to themselves so that other teams dont know what to expect. If that is not true, then Favre is hurting the Packers. The degree is debatable.
This is what i think too.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:

But we won't if Favre retires. That's partially what was so great last year, the emergence of a second QB.

Either way, I agree with what TO said, it's not important to have had Favre's decision by today. I imagine a player would come to the Packers for the fact that this team has been built to have sustained success just as much as he would to play with Favre.

Besides, if a player really wanted to play with Favre, I'm sure the player could get Favre's # and get in touch with him, and get a feel for what Favre plans to do.

The only position that we'd surely need a FA at if Favre retired would be QB, and there are plenty of vets out there that will be available a week into Free Agency.

However, if there is still no word in about a week or so, I'll be getting a little ticked off because then Brett might be hurting the franchise with his indecision.

A: IMO, a half does not make an emerging QB. We still don't know what he can bring when a an opposing team prepares for him and has a few games of film. he was encouraging though in his brief appearance.

B: Haven't you heard? there are not a lot of good vets out there, Grossman resigned. :wink:

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At worst, we lose out on Free Agency.

Come to think of it, that may be a GOOD thing.

Build the team through the draft and reward players that perform. I know that's boring and unsexy, but that's a big part of the reason we were 13-3 last year.

Now, for the 3rd time, we'll be fine. Relax.

We won't lose anything in free agency, we hardly get involved in free agency. Ted is not planning the future of this team around Brett's decision and you are right, that is a good thing.

You are right about the boring and unsexy part, everyone wants some excitement at this time of year. The mundane plan is working.

I'm relaxed, I know that whatever Brett decides he has provided all of us Packer fans with more than we should ever have expected from him and I know we are going to be fine if he does retire.

I have no fear that we will return to the 70's and 80's!

TheKanataThrilla

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:

The fact that we would go with A-Rod even with the FA signing makes our desperation even less. Vinny is always a phone call away. :) Maybe we can drag Doug Flutie out of retirement. :idea:

Members online

Latest posts