Damn! Just make a decision!

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say yes... Brett. Take all the time you want from the last game of the year until free agency starts.

Free agency is starting now, so PLEASE commit or go off to a great TV career, and thank you very much for the memories.

There are free agents out there that the Packers may want that playing with Brett would be the deal maker. There are players out there right now that just want to know what they will be stepping into before making their decision.

By pissing around past the start of free agency it only hurts this team.

RP

PackFanWithTwins

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Speculation.

Brett has told the team that he is going to come back for 1 more year to make a SB run. He has offered to restructure to gain cap space to bring in a couple big FAs. But the details have not been finalized.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The worst mistakes in the world get made in the first day or two of free agency. Brett should not announce until the overpaying for above average players is done.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The worst mistakes in the world get made in the first day or two of free agency. Brett should not announce until the overpaying for above average players is done.

That's stretching things. Bigtime.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:

That's stretching things. Bigtime.

How do you figure? $80 million for Nate Clements, $49 million for Hutchinson and many others. You want to survive the first few days of FA, not become an active participant (see Vikings, Minnesota and Redskins, Washington).

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seems like more excuse making. And when exactly would your goal date for a decision be? After 2 'big expensive signings?' 3? 4? 2 weeks in? 3? 4?

OR, just make a decision by the time free agency begins so the team you claim to love so much can fire on all cylinders and not contingency plans.

"Favre is our QB, but if he retires, we have Rodgers. Would you like to call him up?" "Favre?" "No, Rodgers." "Ugh, headache, ill just hang up on you like Randy Moss did. :CLICK:"

But I'm sure when guys like Moss and Crumpler get signed, it will be "TT is a cheap bastard, and is he married? Is he GAY!?!" time.

I don't think players like management who has no idea who their QB is gonna be.

I just want the team to be able to do everything in their power to make next year better than this. Now they're going to start FA with one arm tied behind their back.

OP
OP
R

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This is true T.O. It is a very good point.

However.... this is the result of desperate teams with desperate owners and weak G.M.'s.

None of the above apply to The Packers. T.T. is not going to get into that game, and is smart enough to not get in that game. The bottom line is.... Brett needs to make a decision NOW, or as Trom said The Packers go into FA with one hand tied behind their back.

R.P.

OP
OP
R

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wonder if the lights are on above the Pro Shop tonight. Any of you Green Bay residents wanna check?

The lights will be burning all night.

I betcha M.M. and T.T. just ordered Pizza and will be taking the odd nap on the office sofa's Note: Sofa's PLURL not (Sofa.)

If anyone photo shops a photo of them snuggling up on a sofa I am leaving this site forever.

R.P.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Wonder if the lights are on above the Pro Shop tonight. Any of you Green Bay residents wanna check?

I betcha M.M. and T.T. just ordered Pizza and will be taking the odd nap on the office sofa's Note: Sofa's PLURL not (Sofa.)

If anyone photo shops a photo of them snuggling up on a sofa I am leaving this site forever.

R.P.
TT: Mike.......I'm afraid of the dark........HOLD ME!!!!!!! :lol:

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
bigfog said:

R.P.

Mike: Ted, the phone's ringing.
TT: Don't answer it! It could be the boogeyman...

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

R.P.

LOL that made my night right there, funny stuff.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
What about the rest of the players in the NFL who still have remaining years on their contract?

If we're gonna ***** about Brett not 'announcing' he will play in 2008, better start threads for every other player who has yet to 'announce' his intentions to play in 2008.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
QB is the most crucial position on a team. And this specific one is a future hall of famer. And the talent level drops significantly from player A to player B(rodgers). Any other Hall of Famers who still have the physical tools undecided out there? Lemme know, I will make the threads myself.

And this is a packer forum, I doubt we'd care too much about other undecided players.

And off to work I go.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really wish he'd decide already as well, but I don't think Favre's decision will affect what GB does in free agency. I think we'll make about as big a splash in free agent signings as we did last year. Nothing big, regardless if Favre stays.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Raider Pride said:
bigfog said:

R.P.

Mike: Ted, the phone's ringing.
TT: Don't answer it! It could be the boogeyman...
MM: You mean.......DREW ROSENHAUS???? HOLD ME TEDDY!!!!HOLD ME!!!!!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts