DAMMIT TED!!!! Make a move

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With yet another starter lost for the year, you need to show the fans, the league, and MOST IMPORTANTLY... THE TEAM AND COACHES that you are not sitting on your hands while we limp into obscurity for the rest of the season of what was supposed to be "OUR YEAR". Bring in some QUALITY guys to compete, not PS players. we cannot afford to lose the locker room over injuries and ineptness in the "fixing it" department.

I am sick of always saying "wait till next year". This is YOUR 5 year plan. This is year 5. Lets get it together man.

Sincerely,

PACKERS FANS

OP
OP
DTown SBrown

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who?!?!

Some WRs from buffalo PS?

A Center from the Raiders PS?

A Punter from Aussie Rules FB?

Maybe a waterboy from the Celtics?

Whoever it was will be likely as effective for our team as any of the above stated. If we actually went out and made a reasonable trade offer (reasonable being in or around the ballpark of another REASONABLE GMs offer) for a player who might actually IMPROVE our chances of winning a game this season, I think Half of PACKERS NATION would have a ******* HEART ATTACK.

God help us if he actually pulled the trigger on one...

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is making a move, he is moving players up from our own practice squad! I guess he likes to use players from within the organization (Packers) then sign someone from outside of it. I'm still smarting over Lynch, I'm just gonna have to get over it, it's a lost cause.

OP
OP
DTown SBrown

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heres the list:
The Green Bay Packers worked out free-agent LBs Dominic Douglas (Rams), Cardia Jackson (Rams), Steve Octavien (Cowboys), Mike Rivera (Titans) and Lee Robinson (Buccaneers), RB Aaron Stecker (Falcons) and FS Michael Greco (Giants) Tuesday, Oct. 12, a source told Brad Biggs, of NationalFootballPost.com.

Read more: Packers | Work out seven players Tuesday

Aaron Stecker would BE an improvement!!!

For that reason alone I ABSOLUTELY do not see TT pulling the trigger. Besides, Stecker retired, from lack of interest from other teams. PLUS he is 35 and slow. No other names on that list worth looking at.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So you want Ted to make a move for the sake of making a move. Got it.

You don't think if they thought someone that's currently a street free agent was better than anyone else we have on our team, they would sign them?

Geez people, get a grip. Making a move just to make a move won't solve the problem.

y5nthon5a

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You do know Stecker hasn't ever started, and only had one season he's had over 100 carries (115).

Secondly, what do you expect the Packers to do? Who do you want them to bring in? Who do you want them to trade for? Honestly... You expect him to do something, but nothing is free these days, so we'd have to give up draft picks for next season if we do a trade.

What do you suggest?

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great to see we bring in a bunch of garbage players to work out to make it look like we're doing something while TT scowers other teams practice squads to pick up their garbage.. TT is like one of those homeless people that dig through other peoples garbage cans for aluminum.. PATHETIC

If you don't want to lose the locker room, and want to compete, you have to make a move, and by move I mean trade before Oct 19th. I know its been said, but DeAngelo Williams would be a perfect move for us to make.

DWill is a FA after this season and there is no way the Panthers will resign him. It has been said that they are interested in James Jones and AJ Hawk possibly.. I think James Jones has more legs in a trade for DWill because the Panthers need WR, they have nobody outside of Steve Smith and he'll be gone soon.

I say we throw together a package to the Panthers for DeAngelo, say James Jones and a 4th round pick. We might be giving up a lot, but DeAngelo is a beast, and a RB we desperately need...

Thoughts???... Let me have it! ha

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Stecker would BE an improvement!!!

For that reason alone I ABSOLUTELY do not see TT pulling the trigger. Besides, Stecker retired, from lack of interest from other teams. PLUS he is 35 and slow. No other names on that list worth looking at.

You just said it yourself- He retired due to lack of interest from other teams! If he's not good enough for anyone else, how would that make him an improvement? Did you not see Jackson's performance last week? Averaged 4.8 yards per carry WITHOUT the huge 71 yard gain. Not sure how he can do much better than that when he only gets the ball 10 times a game.

The problem isn't Jackson. The problem is McCarthy not wanting to commit to the run, even when it's working.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you don't want to lose the locker room, and want to compete, you have to make a move, and by move I mean trade before Oct 19th. I know its been said, but DeAngelo Williams would be a perfect move for us to make.

DWill is a FA after this season and there is no way the Panthers will resign him. It has been said that they are interested in James Jones and AJ Hawk possibly.. I think James Jones has more legs in a trade for DWill because the Panthers need WR, they have nobody outside of Steve Smith and he'll be gone soon.

I say we throw together a package to the Panthers for DeAngelo, say James Jones and a 4th round pick. We might be giving up a lot, but DeAngelo is a beast, and a RB we desperately need...

We cannot force the Panthers to move him, and they've stated, unequivocally, that they have NO interest in trading him. So now what? Wait till the off-season and cough up a first and a third for him when we'll have Grant back again next season?

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We cannot force the Panthers to move him, and they've stated, unequivocally, that they have NO interest in trading him. So now what? Wait till the off-season and cough up a first and a third for him when we'll have Grant back again next season?

1: If you think Grant is better than DeAngelo Williams your insane
2: Whats wronge with having two starting caliber running backs after this year?
3: Lynch was 'untouchable' 'not available' and 'not moving him' as well, and holy hell, he got traded...

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1: If you think Grant is better than DeAngelo Williams your insane
2: Whats wronge with having two starting caliber running backs after this year?
3: Lynch was 'untouchable' 'not available' and 'not moving him' as well, and holy hell, he got traded...

Nah, I know DeAngelo is better. But is he worth a 1st and a 3rd at age 27? Nope, I don't believe so. I'd rather use those picks to get someone for our offensive line and our defensive backs.

Nothing wrong with two starting caliber backs, if you're a running team. We're not. That's not our identity, and it's not going to be with the current regime. Time you all realize this- We're a passing team in a passing league.

I agree it's possible they do trade him, but I'm just repeating what he said. Buffalo entertained the idea of trading Lynch long before they claimed he was not up for trade, so it's not really surprising that he got traded. Carolina hasn't floated the same trade balloon.

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nah, I know DeAngelo is better. But is he worth a 1st and a 3rd at age 27? Nope, I don't believe so. I'd rather use those picks to get someone for our offensive line and our defensive backs.

Nothing wrong with two starting caliber backs, if you're a running team. We're not. That's not our identity, and it's not going to be with the current regime. Time you all realize this- We're a passing team in a passing league.

I agree it's possible they do trade him, but I'm just repeating what he said. Buffalo entertained the idea of trading Lynch long before they claimed he was not up for trade, so it's not really surprising that he got traded. Carolina hasn't floated the same trade balloon.

A 1st and a 3rd I never said. I did however say I would pull the trigger (if I were GM that is) on him for James Jones and a 4th. No Question. he doesnt have a ton of wear and tear on him from splitting carries with Stewart. Don't let age fool you, everybody said LaDainian Tomlinson was done, boy would I have loved for us to have picked him up this off season after seeing him run now!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I havent heard Panthers wanted those players? I heard they dont and wont trade him..But who knows

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bringing in one player isn't even going to slightly slow the bleeding on this GAPING wound that the Packers have right now. TT is wise to do what he's doing right now. Save those draft picks now, we'll need them this off-season.

People always bring up the 96 SB team. Yes, we had a FEW key injuries and brought in a few players to get us over the hump. This situation isn't even remotely close. We are so much more of a damaged team right now than that team. Bringing in a FEW players won't help right now. The injuries we have sustained thus far are "INSANE". I haven't seen anything like it in all my years watching football. These aren't 2 or 3 or even 5 week injuries. We are losing guys for the year, left and right.

I'm going to root for the Packers because that's what I do, but things look grim.

And to bring a player in just for the sake of making a statement, is ignorant.

OP
OP
DTown SBrown

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im not saying he needs to move on a ludacris type of trade, but start churning for starters or players other teams have on the block. Very few players are "unavailable". At this point we need a spark. Williams, Jacobs, or one of the tandem backs in deep systems like the Ravens. Problem is that we didnt even attempt to bring in the likes of a Julius Jones when he was cut for a look.

That should tell you the type of player TT is going after. Anonymous. He likes to look like a genius instead of trying to find people with some semblance of proven talent at the NFL level.

y5nthon5a

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great to see we bring in a bunch of garbage players to work out to make it look like we're doing something while TT scowers other teams practice squads to pick up their garbage.. TT is like one of those homeless people that dig through other peoples garbage cans for aluminum.. PATHETIC

Yeah...No. James Jones is the replacement for DD.

Hawk maybe, but I don't think they'll want his contract next year.

Williams will want a pretty hefty contract; he knows he can and will be a feature back in other systems...He's that good.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Pickett
Barnett
Harris
Bigby
Matthews
Martin

Finley
Grant
Lee
Taucher

Thats TEN players

5 thats are done for the season..

5 that will miss lot of time..

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah...No. James Jones is the replacement for DD.

Hawk maybe, but I don't think they'll want his contract next year.

Williams will want a pretty hefty contract; he knows he can and will be a feature back in other systems...He's that good.

Right thats why we should have him. . Grant was good enough for our pass first offense because all of the teams were bringing guys outta the box and it was easy to find daylight.. DWill would command respect from a run threat and would open up our offense completely, it would be hard to even gameplan against us... Just because we have a potent pass offense, doesnt mean we have to stay one dimensional..

JJ is Ok and Driver has years left... I want a Super Bowl, not just a solid team for years to come, I want a Contending team now while we have all the surrounding talent, not hope that other spots hold up..

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im not saying he needs to move on a ludacris type of trade, but start churning for starters or players other teams have on the block. Very few players are "unavailable". At this point we need a spark. Williams, Jacobs, or one of the tandem backs in deep systems like the Ravens. Problem is that we didnt even attempt to bring in the likes of a Julius Jones when he was cut for a look.

That should tell you the type of player TT is going after. Anonymous. He likes to look like a genius instead of trying to find people with some semblance of proven talent at the NFL level.

I know! Its obvious TT does not want to improve this team for the very vain reason of wanting to appear smart! Its absolutely diabolical and he needs to be fired immediately!

If I was GM I would decide to win the superbowl. I would then just make these moves:

1. Trade a 5th to Cleveland for OT Joe Thomas
2. Trade a 6th to Tennessee for RB Chris Johnson
3. Trade a 7th to Dallas for LB Ware
4. Trade a 6th in 2012 to Pitt for S Polamalu

THere, I upgraded the run game, improve the OL depth, got the pass rusher to pair with CMIII, and filled our hole at S.

And the only 2 reasons TT doesn't do these moves? A - he wants to appear smart and B - he values draft picks above anything else.

This is absolutely ridicullouis and something needs to be done immediately. It makes me so angry that TT doesn't do these simply obvious moves.:frustrated:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts