• 6-10

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8-8

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where's the winning records? I would hope they would have a better record than 8-8 even switching from 4-3 to 3-4 defense.

UncleMeat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't care what the record is, I care about the progress and the effort (both players, coaches, execs).

Are we going to switch to a 3-4 and have Kampman trying to play a 2-gap end in that scheme? Are we going to try and have someone like Hawk or Jeremy Thompson as our OLB? If so, then I have zero patience.

However, if we make some trades, cuts, signings, draft picks that work toward building a proper 3-4 personnel group and the defense improves through the year (less players out of position, etc), I am okay with a losing record.

I don't expect to have the Patriots or Steelers defense in one offseason, but maybe we can work toward having something respectable after 10 or 11 weeks.

Killazach

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you accept liking a team with a mediocre team you are a mediocre fan and shouldn't be a packer fan anymore.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At least 9 wins...

2 vs. Detroit
1 vs. Chicago
1 vs. Minnesota
1 vs. San Fran
1 vs. Seattle
1 vs. St. Louis
1 vs. Cincinnati
1 vs. Cleveland
-------------------
9 wins against teams that aren't very good

Plus, with the #9 overall pick, two 3rd rounders, and $20M in cap room, this team should easily improve. Add in a healthy Jenkins to play the one elephant end in the 3-4, a healthy Barnett to team with a healthy Hawk to play the two ILB's in the 3-4, and a healthy Bigby to play SS, this team could dominate.

Reaction score
Honestly i dunno if we will do by switching to a 3-4 are d line will be undersized and we will need to learn how to get the linebackers blitzing and going through holes . But i think if we get brian orkapo he could become a demarcus ware type player which would be awfully nice So we could have Cullen Pickett/Johlly Kampman for d line . Line Backers Brian Orkapo Hopefully :D Aj hawk Barnett And id say Desmond Bishop because he is a good run stopper and he made some big plays in the vikings game like stopping adrian on 4th done with a fumble but he also lets up big plays so you teach him how to cover and i think he could be good because he is hard hitter and good tackler just get rid of penalities and big plays he could be a top linebacker for us

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron rodgers is god said:
Honestly i dunno if we will do by switching to a 3-4 are d line will be undersized and we will need to learn how to get the linebackers blitzing and going through holes . But i think if we get brian orkapo he could become a demarcus ware type player which would be awfully nice So we could have Cullen Pickett/Johlly Kampman for d line . Line Backers Brian Orkapo Hopefully :D Aj hawk Barnett And id say Desmond Bishop because he is a good run stopper and he made some big plays in the vikings game like stopping adrian on 4th done with a fumble but he also lets up big plays so you teach him how to cover and i think he could be good because he is hard hitter and good tackler just get rid of penalities and big plays he could be a top linebacker for us

Can Orakpo make the transition to an OLB in the 3-4? Ware was able to do that because he basically played the same position at Troy. I think that Orakpo would more of a traditional 4-3 defensive end.

Pickett would be a good nose tackle and Kampman could play elephant end. GB would just need to upgrade their top two OLB's.

Reaction score
He is big a little big for a linebacker but so small for a DE he would have to gain some weight to at least 280 to be a definsive end and to be able to stop the run. I think we get good coaching he could be a linebacker. Im pretty sure he did that style of defense in Texas where he would be standing up and blitzing

catchpatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think any of the records in that poll could really be considered a success. The Packers have a playoff-ready offense right now, including a 4,000-yard passser, two 1,000-yard recievers, and a 1,200-yard rusher. The defense doesn't have to be great to make the Packers into a winning team. They just have to be good enough that 30 points a game wins more games than it loses. And it shouldn't take more than an offseason to get to that point.

Members online