Cutler traded to the Bears !

OP
OP
wizard 87

wizard 87

Old Enough To Know Better
Reaction score
PackersRS said:
yeah, posted this on nfl news. like I said, doesn't make life easier...
This makes getting that defense up to par even MORE important.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, but on the sites that I've read, they didn't mention the details. Sending 2 first round picks for him? And with Urlacher getting older, and they don't have an O-line? It'll be though this year, but if things don't go well they just may be in a bad spot...

OP
OP
wizard 87

wizard 87

Old Enough To Know Better
Reaction score
PackersRS said:
Yeah, but on the sites that I've read, they didn't mention the details. Sending 2 first round picks for him? And with Urlacher getting older, and they don't have an O-line? It'll be though this year, but if things don't go well they just may be in a bad spot...

Remember Jennings was a second round pick ..Driver a seventh there are lethal players past round one..... there Achilles heal was QB.

c_mac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rick Mirer had a few good years with Seattle before he went to the Bears. Let's hope that the Bear's quarterback curse continues.

DonnieCash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well its a nice pick up for them and makes our division more competitive which is good. Maybe this will get TT to wake up and be alittle more interesting in depth and start looking at some more FA's.

Reaction score
dont panic . cutler is good but your going to have to have a wr crew and i dont think devin hester will do it for him, plus there defense is getting old same as o line and there best pick in this draft will be a 2nd round so we should surpass the bears even with this pick up. all we have to do iks fix the defense problems and we should win the division

Aa-rodg_is_cool

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This doesn't scare me at all.. The only people Cutler has to throw to is Forte and Olsen.. Lol and neither of those guys are WRs. yep.. not scurred at all

Rodgersfan1985

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are goona eat him alive in opening weekend!! I hated cutler because he was a bronco, no I REALLY hate him now lol. And plus he aint goona have a Brandon Marshall type player to throw to

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cutler was a good pick up for the bears but, giving up two first round picks, Orton and a third rounder while receiving a fifth seems a bit tooo much.

Denver got the better part of the deal.

Diltzy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Carma will bite him. I predict he ends up getting injured. Plus remember. We lead the league in INT's for TD's, and were 3rd in interceptions. I think it's the ground game we need to worry about. That's our weakness, teams used that to their advantage all day last year.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
****! Just thought about it! THIS COULD BE AWESOME FOR US! Let's do the math: Denver needs a QB. But not any QB, they need Sanchez. He fits the style that Mcshit runs. But at 12, he won't be there, because if he's at 10, SF will take him. So they need to move up.
Imagine this: it's our turn, and Sanchez is still there. What happens? We get 12th and 18th! or at least 12th and 48th.

The fact is, we won't get Raji anymore, because of his drug problem. So that leaves Orakpo. If he's there at 9, we take him. But if he's not, at 12 we could get either Brown or Maybin, and get an extra 1st round pick or a pick inside 50. This could be good...

Reaction score
CalifPacker said:
Cutler was a good pick up for the bears but, giving up two first round picks, Orton and a third rounder while receiving a fifth seems a bit tooo much.

Denver got the better part of the deal.

agreed i was suprised how much they gave them. At least im happy he went to the bears now if he went to the vikings we would of had some problems. but he didnt so all he can do will be throwing to the te's and running backs for 2 to 3 yard gains i aint scareed of that offense. I also hope orton has a breakout years so the bears fans are like wtf why did we trade for this crap like how bears fans always are cutting up on people o have a bad game or something

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Cutler has a giant arm. This is the year Devin Hester becomes a viable threat, simply because of Cutler's arm. It works both ways, a QB might not be great until getting a great WR, and a WR might not be great until getting a great QB. Plus, I look for them to get someone good to compliment Hester in round two. Probably a big possession receiver. Like was said on the first page, great receivers can be had in round two (Greg Jennings).

I think they quite easily win the North this year. Cutler passes for 3400 and 28 TDs, Forte runs for 1500, and their defense finally doesn't have to win them games like they had to in the past. I love this deal for both teams, but loathe it as a Packers fan. I'd rather he be in Detroit blue.

gergobacsi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackersRS said:
****! Just thought about it! THIS COULD BE AWESOME FOR US! Let's do the math: Denver needs a QB. But not any QB, they need Sanchez. He fits the style that Mcshit runs. But at 12, he won't be there, because if he's at 10, SF will take him. So they need to move up.
Imagine this: it's our turn, and Sanchez is still there. What happens? We get 12th and 18th! or at least 12th and 48th.

The fact is, we won't get Raji anymore, because of his drug problem. So that leaves Orakpo. If he's there at 9, we take him. But if he's not, at 12 we could get either Brown or Maybin, and get an extra 1st round pick or a pick inside 50. This could be good...
Deal!

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't get your hopes up RS. Odds are high that Denver will trade up with Jacksonville, who also may be considering Sanchez.

I'm not scared of this Cutler thing. In fact if we improve our Defense, it could be fun to watch the turnover machine.

I mean seriously, Chicago couldn't handle the risks Grossman took with the ball. What makes them think Cutler will be any better? Oh, that's right he has that 'franchise' label applied to him. Not buying it, watch him be a bust. ROFL, and as a Packer and Skin fan I will laugh at all the people jumping the shark to have their team give up the farm to get him.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
About the trade, one can dream...
About Cutler, he's way better than Grossman. But you DO have a point. He throws a lot of ints.

And here's a fun fact: Ron Turner is the offense coordinator of the Bears. He was the coach of the University of Illinois before joining the franchise. And while coaching at Illinois, guess whose high school qb scholarship he rescinded??? THAT'S RIGHT! Jay Cutler's... Guess it won't be a very friendly environment in there...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts