Cutler out for extended period

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Curious to see if this is real or fabricated to try and make it look like Cutler is tough by playing though an injury.......

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
The surging Bears may have hit a roadblock. Jay Glazer of FOX reports that the Bears fear Jay Cutler has a broken thumb. Vaughn McClure of the Chicago Tribune quickly followed up that report to say Cutler indeed does have a broken thumb on his throwing hand. It’s unclear when the injury occurred. Cutler was…
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

L

Lunchboxer

Good thing I had cutler as back up QB sence my main Fantasy QB is on a bye week.

My Main QB is Brees could not grab rodgers on one of my fantasy teams.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like he'll have to resort to j#$kin off w/ his left hand. In all serious, tough break for the Bears.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are also rumors circulating that he could be out for the season. I'm sure they'll know more tomorrow. This would be a big blow to the Bears. They were just starting to get rolling.

Havners Heroes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Holy moly. On a human level I do feel kind of bad for the Bears, their season was looking up and Cutler was finally starting to show some promise. However, I will not shed a single tear over the fact that the Bears' season may now be totally screwed.

Although, given their remaining schedule, they could still wind up in the playoffs. They play the Chiefs, Broncos, Seahawks, Vikings... all winnable games with that defense.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Bert played most of 2003 with a broken thumb on throwing hand... wtf?

Lets hope Bert comes out of retirement and goes to the Bears, haha what fun that would be!

I hear they're looking at Marc Bulger.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I'm truly glad it's not a serious injury. Other than that I have nothing but disdain for that team. I'll be rooting for all of the teams on their remaining schedule. I might even make a fake Tebow jersey out of a garbage bag to root for him against the Bears.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Isn't that the excuse Bears fans use when we beat them in the NFC Championship?

It seems the only Bears fans I have met that admitted they lost that game with Cutler, were much older and mature. Regardless what anyone says, had Cutler played the entire NFC Championship, they still had lost, cause he couldn't complete a pass to save his life.

This is a blow to the Bears, but I wouldn't count them out just yet. Now if Matt Forte gets hurt, then they are done, but let's be serious here, they are just going to run every single down for now on until they do blow out Forte's knee, cause after all, it's Bear tradition to run every down when you have a talented back, just keep on runnin' until you get him hurt.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
Sorry, this isn't anything about which I can get excited. I hate to see players hurt -- ANY PLAYERS -- ours or any other team's. How would you react had this happened to Rodgers and you went to a Bears forum and they were all giddy as school girls because Rodgers was out for the season? You would be livid, I'm guessing. I wouldn't put it past the fans of other teams, but I like to think the Packers and Packer fans have more class than that.
Yeah, I want to win, and I want to win as much as the next guy, but I don't want to beat their replacements. I want to beat their best. If we can't do that, then we aren't the best. If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best.

IMHO

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Bears coach Lovie Smith famously doesn’t give a lot of information up to the press. So when he confirmed to WBBM-AM 780 Monday morning that Jay Cutler has a broken thumb , it’s safe to say Smith doesn’t expect Cutler to play again for a while. For now, Smith wouldn’t give a timeline for Cutler’s recovery. Smith…
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

Members online

Latest posts