FB Ina Liaina
RB Michael Hill
WR Alex Gillett
WR Gerrard Sheppard
TE Jake Stoneburner
OT Aaron Adams
G Andrew Tiller
QB Chase Rettig

Thats my prediction for the 14 players that will get cut next week.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Hill makes it until the end because he will be the back doing all the dirty work and keeping the guys that are going to make the team healthy. I don't want Gillett to go yet. I like that cat.

Cheddar2014

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Week early...cut to 75 now, who's out? Should be easy but let's say at least least one from each position ( RB, WR, TE, T, G/C, NT, DE, OLB, ILB, CB, S ) except QB. Should be 14 after Worthy trade and IR not an option right now so Barclay and Abby still active.

D

Deleted member 6794

CB Ryan White
CB Antonio Denard
DE Luther Robinson
DE Carlos Gray
S Tanner Miller
LB Jake Doughty
FB Ina Liaina
RB Michael Hill
WR Alex Gillett
WR Gerrard Sheppard
TE Jake Stoneburner
OT Aaron Adams
G Andrew Tiller
QB Chase Rettig

Thats my prediction for the 14 players that will get cut next week.

The Packers will put Abbrederis and Barclay on IR at that time with Lyerla being a possible candidate for it as well so the team will only have to cut 11 healthy guys.

Cheddar2014

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They don't count but for the sake of argument since if IRed now they could pick up others with a week to go ( or 2 in both injury cases) but trying to establish a limit at this time.

D

Deleted member 6794

They don't count but for the sake of argument since if IRed now they could pick up others with a week to go ( or 2 in both injury cases) but trying to establish a limit at this time.

Well, if the Packers wanted to pick up some players they would have put Abbrederis and Barclay on IR already.

D

Deleted member 6794

If IR'd with designation later (tho not likely) possible to return during the season.

Both Abbrederis and Barclay suffered torn ACLs, they will not be placed on the IR designated for return list as they won't be able to play for approximately 10-12 months.

OP
OP
thequick12

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree Stoneburner stays along with Rettig if the Packers place JA and DB on IR before the cut down to 75.

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chase Rettig most likely going to end up on the PS. Maybe he is the 3rd string QB of the future if Tolzien ends up as our main backup QB eventually.

D

Deleted member 6794

Chase Rettig most likely going to end up on the PS. Maybe he is the 3rd string QB of the future if Tolzien ends up as our main backup QB eventually.

I don't think there's any chance the Packers will cut Flynn, Tolzien will only make the team if the Packers keep three QBs. Rettig is just a camp body, no need to put him on the practice squad.

D

Deleted member 6794

14 Players to cut for 53:
Don Barclay (IR)
Jared Abbrederis (IR)
Colt Lyerla (IR)
Jeremy Vujnovich
John Fullington
Charles Clay
Tanner Miller
Ryan White
Luther Robinson
Letroy Guion
Rajion Neal
Gerrard Sheppard
Joe Thomas
Jordan McCray

The main reason I have Neal on there is because of injury. If he's healthy enough to return to practice then we probably keep him over another RB like Perkins. Sheppard has made some plays so I wanted to keep him, but I just saw too much confusion from him on too many plays and he didn't make enough plays against the Rams. Hopefully I'm close.

EDIT: I highly doubt Rettig gets cut. They need to see if he's good enough to make the PS or not, and he needs time to prove he can. I also wanted to Keep Joe Thomas but he's injured as well (last I knew). If he's healthy enough to return to practice then Korey Jones probably gets cut instead of him. I might be getting rid of too many OL's and not enough LB's, but we'll see.

I don´t think there´s any chance Rajion Neal, Letroy Guion and Joe Thomas will be among the first players to get cut.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I count 89 on the current roster, so below is my GUESS on the 14 roster moves by Tuesday, 8/26 at 3PM CDT:
IR: Barclay, Abbrederis & Lyerla
Cuts:
Antonio Dennard - CB
Carlos Gray - DE
Jake Doughty - LB
Korey Jones - LB
Chase Rettig - QB
LaDarius Perkins - RB
Charles Clay - S
Jeremy Vujnovich - OT
Justin Perillo - TE
Alex Gillett - WR
Chris Harper - WR

Game 3 may change a couple, but I'm getting in early and sticking with my guesses.

D

Deleted member 6794

All 3 of those guys I cut due to injuries. If you can't practice what's the point of having you on the roster? I agree that none of those guys deserve to be cut from a talent perspective. It's hard to know how injured these guys are to know if they make the 75 or not.

McCarthy said at some point last week that neither Neal's nor Thomas' injuries were serious. Not sure about when Guion will be able to practice.

BTW I don 't think they can cut an injured guy, as far as I know that would have to waive him injured and, if no other team enters a bid, reach a settlement afterwards.

Guacamole

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure if he will be cut next week, but I'm betting he will be cut before regular season. He was getting beat by 3rd strings against the Rams..He was a number one pick in 2011, say good bye to Derek Sherrod

D

Deleted member 6794

Not sure if he will be cut next week, but I'm betting he will be cut before regular season. He was getting beat by 3rd strings against the Rams..He was a number one pick in 2011, say good bye to Derek Sherrod

Sherrod had a bad game vs. the Rams but he won't be cut next week. We don't have a better option for the backup tackle spot at the moment.

D

Deleted member 6794

As far as I'm concerned, an injury settlement is cutting them. But it's not about the injuries being "serious" in terms of like an ACL injury. It's about at cut time will they be able to practice. If they can't, they're gone. If they can, they stay. So is the "minor" injury enough to keep them from practicing until cutdowns? If they come back I'll take them off the cut list. Guion has a hamstring I believe it is and he's been out for almost the entire camp so he is as good as gone already.

Don't know when Neal or Thomas will be able to practice but let's hope they will be able to play vs. Oakland.

The Packers can move Guion to the reserve NFI list so he wouldn't count against the 75-men roster limit.

Cheddar2014

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All 3 of those guys I cut due to injuries. If you can't practice what's the point of having you on the roster? I agree that none of those guys deserve to be cut from a talent perspective. It's hard to know how injured these guys are to know if they make the 75 or not.

I can agree with this as well. Pay for play league and Guion has yet to be worth the price of admission. Cutting the others, tho both were liked...nothing as far as a WOW factor to make a dent onto the 53.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
As far as I'm concerned, an injury settlement is cutting them. But it's not about the injuries being "serious" in terms of like an ACL injury. It's about at cut time will they be able to practice. If they can't, they're gone. If they can, they stay. So is the "minor" injury enough to keep them from practicing until cutdowns? If they come back I'll take them off the cut list. Guion has a hamstring I believe it is and he's been out for almost the entire camp so he is as good as gone already.
IIRC there are guidelines when cutting injurred players. If they are practicing it is easier but you said keep them in that case. So either way, IMO if they aren't at practice say by Sunday, they survive another week.

Members online

Latest posts