Custom Packer Sports figures

4StarCustoms

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a huge fan of McFarlane's NFL sports figure line but they don't make NEARLY enough Packer figures. So, I decided to start custom making my own figures to fill out my collection with much needed GREEN & GOLD!

Let me know what you think!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OP
OP
4StarCustoms

4StarCustoms

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's some old school one's I did. Packer greats Bart Starr, Arnie Herber & Don Hutson

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Wow! I've got one of Donald Driver,..not sure if its the same line as yours... BUT you must let us know which ones you made! Did I read that right??

ughhh... can't make that a regular big pic,..instead of a thumbnail! I'm still learnin'! lol

Attachments

• 1115001244.jpg
    1115001244.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 356
OP
OP
4StarCustoms

4StarCustoms

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow! I've got one of Donald Driver,..not sure if its the same line as yours... BUT you must let us know which ones you made! Did I read that right??

ughhh... can't make that a regular big pic,..instead of a thumbnail! I'm still learnin'! lol

Yeah, I custom made all of those. Lots of painting, kitbashing and sculpting. I've been making custom sports figures like this for a few years now.

I have the same Donald Driver that you have. I took that Donald Driver top and put it on a different set of legs to make my Greg Jennings - plus painting, sculpting & decaling.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Well Bravo!! So you made one for Al and gave it to him?

What fun you must have,... Do you do requests?? LOL I would love to see one of BF all buggered up, gimping off the field. Better yet, someone needs to make one of him in the cart,...with a cut CHIN no less, not even a leg injury!!!
OOOOOOO There you go!! The Brett Favre series!!! with him with his hands on his helmet,..one for each of his injuries (alleged) and the big kahona... the most inteceptions!!! Anyone else feelin this??
(Kitten is rubbing off on me!)

Big Dan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very cool. There are a couple of changes I think you could make, though. Both minor, one more minor than the other. This is meant as constructive criticism only. I hope ya don't get mad. You obviously put a lot of time and effort into these, and I'm sure you want the outcome to be as perfect as possible to the casual observer.

The really minor one is Driver's skin tone. It looks like your figure is a good bit lighter than it should be. That could just be my monitor, or my old-assed-eyes, though.

The other one is that the musculature of the arms just doesn't look right to me on Driver or Finley. I know these guys are pretty muscular, and absolutely ripped, but they just look a little "off" to me. They look more like a bodybuilder's arms than a football player's. I think a little fill to smooth out some of the "cuts" is all it would take to be more realistic.

Again, I'm not trying to be a ****, just trying to offer up some constructive criticism. Shoot, maybe it's just me anyways. They might look on the money to everyone else. Either way, they're extremely cool and very well done.

I'll take one of a mangled and half-dead Favre, in a Vikings uniform, laid-out on the field with Matthews standing over him in the "predator" pose. You could sell a million of those if you could get the licensing.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
Love the Harris one!!! So jealous you got to meet him... GRRRRRR

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I'll take one of a mangled and half-dead Favre, in a Vikings uniform, laid-out on the field with Matthews standing over him in the "predator" pose. You could sell a million of those if you could get the licensing.

DEFINATELY feelin' it!!! :biggrin:

OP
OP
4StarCustoms

4StarCustoms

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The really minor one is Driver's skin tone. It looks like your figure is a good bit lighter than it should be. That could just be my monitor, or my old-assed-eyes, though.

The other one is that the musculature of the arms just doesn't look right to me on Driver or Finley. I know these guys are pretty muscular, and absolutely ripped, but they just look a little "off" to me. They look more like a bodybuilder's arms than a football player's. I think a little fill to smooth out some of the "cuts" is all it would take to be more realistic.

I appreciate the input. It's always nice to have another set of eyes on these.

As far as Driver's skin tone, I was very careful to make it on the darker side of brown. That batch of photos came out much too light. I'm not sure if I had adjusted something to make the tattoos show. The figure is the correct dark skin tone in natural light but it is coming off FAR to light in the pics.

As far as the muscles on Driver & Finley - I think Finely is fine - I'll attach a few more pics. Driver is ridiculous though. That figure is actually a straight repaint of Ed McCaffrey! So, those are how McFarlane actually sculpted the arms. I thought Driver was buffer than Ed, so that's how I got the idea to repaint that one. Rarely do I actual resculpt unless it's minor.

Here's some more Finely shots (I believe the arms came off a Randy Moss figure):

OP
OP
4StarCustoms

4StarCustoms

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To answer a few of the other questions:

Al did not get the figure. He signed a plate to go with it and requested a figure from me. He took my card but never got in touch. The only player I've been working with is a former San Diego charger from the 60's. He and Lance Alworth both have figures from me.

I will probably not be making any Favre Viking players.

I'm currently working a 3-figure display of Clay Mathews - sacking, flexing & predator pose.

I do take requests. I've slowed down quite a bit now that my wife and I just had our second child.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
To answer a few of the other questions:

Al did not get the figure. He signed a plate to go with it and requested a figure from me. He took my card but never got in touch. The only player I've been working with is a former San Diego charger from the 60's. He and Lance Alworth both have figures from me.

I will probably not be making any Favre Viking players.

I'm currently working a 3-figure display of Clay Mathews - sacking, flexing & predator pose.

I do take requests. I've slowed down quite a bit now that my wife and I just had our second child.

First of all congrats on the new one!,...and I was razzing you about the Favre (non) action figures! Yours are so real, it was just kind of fun to take a sideline trip on "What if's??"

Great idea with the Clay ones,..will look forward to seeing them!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Congrats on your new little one!!! Your figures are awesome, I love them all and look forward to seeing more of them!!! Keep up all the good work!!!!

OP
OP
4StarCustoms

4StarCustoms

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First of all congrats on the new one!,...and I was razzing you about the Favre (non) action figures! Yours are so real, it was just kind of fun to take a sideline trip on "What if's??"

Great idea with the Clay ones,..will look forward to seeing them!

It's actually a funny idea and don't think I considered it. lol

Favre was actually the first 2 figures I made - one in highschool uniform and then his college.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Clay ones are a good idea, they would be highly marketable and very relevant.

Also, I can imagine likewise, so are the Harris ones, but for a whole different reason.

Have you considered Reggie White? I know he has many fans on here that would just go nuts for such a thing!

gmann001

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I do take requests.

Holy CRAP!!! This is talent!!! I would love to see the CM3 Predator... and would definitely be tempted to make a purchase.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I moved this thread to classified section

Seems like this is more of a thread to sell things?

OP
OP
4StarCustoms

4StarCustoms

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I moved this thread to classified section

Seems like this is more of a thread to sell things?

Actually that wasn't my intent. It was to showcase my collection. None of those figures are for sale. If people are interested in something of their own, I'm willing to listen.

OP
OP
4StarCustoms

4StarCustoms

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Clay ones are a good idea, they would be highly marketable and very relevant.

Also, I can imagine likewise, so are the Harris ones, but for a whole different reason.

Have you considered Reggie White? I know he has many fans on here that would just go nuts for such a thing!

Clay would be very marketable but it's for my collection. I don't put them on eBay. Any I sell were specifically requested and then are only made once.

There is already a Reggie White available if you search for Reggie White McFarlane figure.

Available Packers are Favre, Green, Driver, Jennings, Rodgers, Grant and Starr. Woodson is coming next month I believe. They are easy to find online and ToysRUs and Walmart sell them.

PackerLady

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Those figures are great, alot of work went into those I bet. I found this Packers bobble head that I like, I bought it for my husband's desk. I bet he would like your figures too.

Members online

Latest posts