Cullen Jenkins to the Eagles

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Eagles land Cullen Jenkins

Another day, another big free agent signing for the Philadelphia Eagles’ defense. The Eagles have announced that former Packers defensive tackle Cullen Jenkins has reached an agreement with the team. Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that it’s a five year, $25 million deal. Jenkins played 11 games for the Packers last season, starting eight and…
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
5 years, $25 million dollars. Glad to see Jenkins get some big money, one of the more underrated guys in the league.

How much more money do the Eagles have?

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This really p****s me off.
Those bast*** came THIS close to eliminating us in January, a shoe-string tackle from beating us, or a bad day from their kicker.....

Now they have added:
CB Domique Rodgers-Cromartie
CB Nnamdi Asomugha
DE Jason Babin
DT Cullen Jenkins
and next year they get an extra 2nd round pick, and sometime in October they will get back DE Brandon Graham the rookie from last year that many of us wanted whom they took in the top 10 or 15.....

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This really p****s me off.
Those bast*** came THIS close to eliminating us in January, a shoe-string tackle from beating us, or a bad day from their kicker.....

Now they have added:
CB Domique Rodgers-Cromartie
CB Nnamdi Asomugha
DE Jason Babin
DT Cullen Jenkins
and next year they get an extra 2nd round pick, and sometime in October they will get back DE Brandon Graham the rookie from last year that many of us wanted whom they took in the top 10 or 15.....

Okay... We came a James Jones drop from blowing them out by double digits with half our roster injured.

The Packers have the bullseye on their back now so everyone is going to be gunning for us, not just Philly...

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
And should Philly decide not to bring Jenkins back after 2011 season, the effective one-year deal will only cost them $4M! If this price tag is true, I would have liked to see the same with him staying in GB.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see your Vince Young, Domique Rodgers-Cromartie, Nnamdi Asomugha, Jason Babin, Cullen Jenkins and raise you Ted Thompson and Dom Capers.

Yep, I like our hand a little bit better.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And should Philly decide not to bring Jenkins back after 2011 season, the effective one-year deal will only cost them $4M! If this price tag is true, I would have liked to see the same with him staying in GB.
We certainly could have afforded those numbers.
There aren't any other 3-4 DEs in the league who are as versatile and good at getting to the QB as Cullen is.

Again, Ted deserves some benefit of the doubt for what we just accomplished, but you can't rest on your laurels in this business. It means nothing going forward now...... I thought Cullen would be getting at least $10mil more than that over 5 years. We could have absorbed that number.... we freed that up by releasing Barnett alone.

Maybe they're keeping James Jones instead, which is a good idea and he's younger and more important to this team in the long run.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
And it's not just that we lost Jenkins, but he ended up on a team that I fully expect to be in the playoff run mix. I do trust in Ted, but this one makes me a bit weak in the knees.

Any Jolly news? Probably a stretch at this point in both a) Packers showing an interest in retaining his services after his recent listed home address, and b) He shows up in top condition ready to pick up where he left off.

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And it's not just that we lost Jenkins, but he ended up on a team that I fully expect to be in the playoff run mix. I do trust in Ted, but this one makes me a bit weak in the knees.

Any Jolly news? Probably a stretch at this point in both a) Packers showing an interest in retaining his services after his recent listed home address, and b) He shows up in top condition ready to pick up where he left off.

The Eagles have been bowing out of the playoffs for seasons. What are they, 1-4 in NFC Championships under Reid? Most of that was when they had Troy Vincent, Bobby Taylor, and Brian Dawkins along with a devastating blitz scheme from Jim Johnson.

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any Packer fans here really think the Philly D will stop our offense this year? I don't see that happening, even with their FA additions.

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Plus, I will add that Jenkins will most likely get hurt again this year. He is almost 31 and his best playing days are behind him.

You heard it here first.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
******* the Eagles are gonna be tough this year. But all these moves, people, it's just for this year. They're putting all the chips on the table and going all in. There's still no chemistry between their guys, they have a new DC that will only install his D now. They lost their best secondary player in Mikel, and though he's an athletic monster, Vick still can't recognize blitzes.

This team reminds me of the 2009 Vikings. Fully loaded everywhere, but lacking chemistry.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope we see the eagles in the playoffs in Lambeau, what a great game that would be....Aaron n company vs a "stacked" secondary....can't wait for football

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Although I had a kneejerk reaction to be nervous about the Eagles team this year....the more I think about it....I was completely wrong. I agree with everything said in this thread. The comparison to the 2009 Vikings is a very good comparison. They will be tough no doubt, but we will be better. We will have homefield. And we will win the Super Bowl again.

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's just wait and see. We were all extremely confident we could repeat a week ago, most of our team is still the same. Did anyone think we were just gonna walk through everyone and not have any challenges? Rodgers>Vick, and that's what really matters.

On another note, I'm sad to see Cullen go, I liked him a lot and he was the second best past rusher on our team. However, assuming Mike Neal stays healthy, we should be fine. *knocks on wood*

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish Jenkins the best of luck. I agree Eagles vs Packers would make a nice NFC Championship game I wouldn't mind the Saints or the Falcons knocking them out a week earlier. Easier road to repeat but we'll see.

Havners Heroes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Jenkins, but his best days are behind him. He's injury-prone and getting up there in age... I'd be shocked if he stays in Philly for anywhere near that whole five year contract.

I just think the Eagles are spending way too much money this offseason, and they'll pay for it in a few years when they're in salary cap hell. Andy Reid is desperate for a championship. Fine by me, let every other team bring in all the pricy, injury-prone veterans while the Packers sit back and keep reloading for the long haul with the draft. It's proven to be pretty effective for us so far.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Jenkins, but his best days are behind him. He's injury-prone and getting up there in age... I'd be shocked if he stays in Philly for anywhere near that whole five year contract.

I just think the Eagles are spending way too much money this offseason, and they'll pay for it in a few years when they're in salary cap hell. Andy Reid is desperate for a championship. Fine by me, let every other team bring in all the pricy, injury-prone veterans while the Packers sit back and keep reloading for the long haul with the draft. It's proven to be pretty effective for us so far.
I like the bravado, but let's remember this with regards to injury-prone:

Jermichael Finley, Mike Neal, Morgan Burnett, Brad Jones, and now Ryan Grant.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any Packer fans here really think the Philly D will stop our offense this year? I don't see that happening, even with their FA additions.
It depends how our new LG plays, how Bulaga improves, and how healthy Clifton and Sitton stay.

They have good pass rushing DEs in Trent Cole, Jason Babin, and Brandon Graham. If they get pressure, with those CBs, it could be a great defense. Remember, the Bears defense shut us down 3 times pretty well. It's not like we're the '99 Rams out there.

And in the Wildcard squeeker over Philly this January, Rodgers was held to 180 yards. Not like he lit them up.

So being realistic here, most people think they're better than we are now. Hopefully we'll play them in late January, and in Green Bay.

Members online

Latest posts