Crosby struggling with long-distance coverage

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Source: JSOnline.com

This year, Crosby is 1 for 4, and while the percentage is obviously lower than his career average, it is the look of the three 50-yard field goals he has missed through seven games that is troubling. Crosby nailed a 54 yard field goal attempt vs. the Bears at Lambeau but missed twice vs. the Colts at Indianapolis and once on Sunday at St. Louis.

Crosby’s strength has never been in doubt but the accuracy on the three misses from 50 yards is a little worrisome because the last two were not even close. One was a high pressure kick at the end of the Colts game to force overtime. A shank there could be blamed on nerves.

Although you never want to see the word “choke” in a sentence with your kicker’s name, nerves would be a reasonable and understandable excuse. But the shank Sunday against the Rams was at the end of the first half with the Packers leading 10-6.

OP
OP
News Bot

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
My 40-yarders, I've been hitting them smooth and hitting them deep," Crosby said Wednesday. "Just keep that same approach. There's nothing to overthink or over-analyze. I just have to see it a little bit more.
"I went out in practice today and I just worked on some long field goals and hitting it and seeing it go through, seeing that I don't have to overswing to hit the ball long. My leg strength is going to get it there, make sure I have good tempo, make sure the timing with us is solid and hit good balls."

Source: JSOnline.com

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The guy is going through a slump. I won't make excuses for him because we all know that his performance can be better. I want to see how long he goes through this slump and how well he recovers. I certainly wouldn't want to see a knee-jerk reaction by TT and doubt TT would do something like that - except to Jon Ryan! I'm sure that one way or another, there will be some real competition brought in at the kicking position next summer.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The guy is going through a slump. I won't make excuses for him because we all know that his performance can be better. I want to see how long he goes through this slump and how well he recovers. I certainly wouldn't want to see a knee-jerk reaction by TT and doubt TT would do something like that - except to Jon Ryan! I'm sure that one way or another, there will be some real competition brought in at the kicking position next summer.
I gotta ask and it may be a dumb question:
But is Schlitz your favorite beer?
And even if it is, do you drink other beers besides Schlitz?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I liked Ryan Longwell.
I think it was because of his name.
Perfect for a kicker.
You expect it to go long and to do well.
I was disappointed when I found out he was also a traitor playing for that other team.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But is Schlitz your favorite beer?
And even if it is, do you drink other beers besides Schlitz?
The background is that my grandfather worked for Schlitz for a long time. My basement bar is adorned with many Schlitz items from the 50s and 60s that got handed down. I do actually enjoy it a lot since they recreated the original beer. It's better than MGD, Budweiser, and a lot of the standard American lagers. That said, I do like craft beers and porters. Most of the time though you'll find my beer fridge filled with Schlitz, Leinenkugels, High Life, and probably a couple bottles of something fancy. Even though I don't live in Wisconsin anymore, I like supporting the local beers as much as possible (even though Schlitz is made by Pabst in Detroit).

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The background is that my grandfather worked for Schlitz for a long time. My basement bar is adorned with many Schlitz items from the 50s and 60s that got handed down. I do actually enjoy it a lot since they recreated the original beer. It's better than MGD, Budweiser, and a lot of the standard American lagers. That said, I do like craft beers and porters. Most of the time though you'll find my beer fridge filled with Schlitz, Leinenkugels, High Life, and probably a couple bottles of something fancy. Even though I don't live in Wisconsin anymore, I like supporting the local beers as much as possible (even though Schlitz is made by Pabst in Detroit).
Thank you for that.

Do you mind sharing what state you live in?
I'm curious to know how wide the distribution for Leinies is.

I'm in Wisconsin so I know about them.
And I like Schlitz too.
Is it actually made in Detroit or is that just the HQ?
And what the heck is Schlitz and PBR doing anywhere else but Milwaukee?

Members online

Latest posts