Crosby and his issues

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM is really starting to get on my nerves with his stubborn unwillingness to make a change when change is needed. Nobody has any confidence in Crosby anymore...that doesn't have a negative impact??

He will learn once Crosby misses and it cost us a game, i hate to say it... but i forsee it happening. I pray it's not in the playoffs. If you are going to go for it on fourth down anyways whats the point? you basicly are saying hey Mason, we have no faith in you so sit this one out.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Crosby, after the game, "I've done some great things". Which is true. In the past. Jimmy Johnson said it best on Fox when he said kickers are like golfers, and when they get the yips they may never get their touch back. You gotta replace 'em.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mason is a good kicker in a slump which i'm sure he'll work out of at some point. I genuinely feel bad for the guy because i'm sure he's nailing them in practice and is probably confused as hell when he shanks them in the game.

But the bottom line is that this guy cannot be kicking field goals for us in the playoffs. We can't hope he'll come out of his slump in the nick of time. He hasn't lost us a game yet, but he will when it really matters if we let this continue. His misses yesterday were horrible. The first was 20 yards to the side and the other thunked off the bar on a chipshot.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sign a kicker. Any kicker. Put him on the practice squad or regular roster. But sign him. Competition is good. It's why they have enough players competing for every other spot on the roster.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
How long do we ride this guys slump out for? Until it costs us a playoff game and then it is too late? No matter what, they are bringing kickers in next year to compete for a now wide open job, I say cut Crosby now, he can come back next year and try out.....bring in as many of the following and let them compete.... personally I love Kaeding....if he is healthy.

1. Nate Kaeding
2. Ryan Longwell
3. John Kasay
4. Billy Cundiff
5. Neil Rackers
6. Justin Medlock
7. Dave Rayner
8. David Buehler
9. John Potter
10. Garrett Lindholm

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How long do we ride this guys slump out for? ..... No matter what, they are bringing kickers in next year to compete for a now wide open job
Until the end of the season, then bring in the competition next season. That's a given.

I don't see any of the players panicking right now - just fans and media. I'm sure that if Crosby's teammates were truly worried, Finley or someone else would have already tweeted something dumb about Crosby by now. There's more to a team than just production. If I am the GM, I am not messing with the chemistry of the team two weeks before the playoffs. If anything, I tell the coaches to imply that the offense needs to convert every third down in the opponents territory in order to get closer for FG. Put some extra burden on the offense to carry their slumping teammate. Don't throw him to the curb. I think that type of move could be more devastating to a playoff team's spirit than a few more missed FG attempts by Crosby.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Until the end of the season, then bring in the competition next season. That's a given.

I don't see any of the players panicking right now - just fans and media. I'm sure that if Crosby's teammates were truly worried, Finley or someone else would have already tweeted something dumb about Crosby by now. There's more to a team than just production. If I am the GM, I am not messing with the chemistry of the team two weeks before the playoffs. If anything, I tell the coaches to imply that the offense needs to convert every third down in the opponents territory in order to get closer for FG. Put some extra burden on the offense to carry their slumping teammate. Don't throw him to the curb. I think that type of move could be more devastating to a playoff team's spirit than a few more missed FG attempts by Crosby.

I have to disagree with your statement "there's more to a team then production" especially when it pertains to Crosby. With a field goal kicker it is ALL about production; kicking field goals and PATS (yes, there are kickoffs). As far as players openly stating the obvious, "Crosby Sucks and needs to be replaced before he really costs us a game", that is not the Green Bay Packers, not even Finley is THAT dumb! Finally, "messing with the chemistry of the team"? How is replacing one failing player with another messing with the chemistry (in a bad way). The Packers have recently added and cut players without blinking an eye or raising the feathers of teammates. They all know this is a business and right now, a business of winning games. They may not be saying it in public, but I guarantee you the players are hoping for a change, with or without Crosby. Remember, when they show the kicker on the sidelines, he is usually sitting all alone.....Crosby will remain alone, unapproachable, unless he kicks his way out of a slump...that isn't team chemistry.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan Longwell and John Kasay are available???? Crosby will lose us a playoff game if he remains.
After lookin, there are a handful of big name kickers available in addition to some younger legs that haven't made a name for themselves yet.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
A new kicker wont mess up chemistry, for God sakes, he has one damn job: kick a friggin FG. Now if you were bringing in a new WR, that might mess up some chemistry, but a kicker...HELL NO...I bet most of the team would welcome him in, they would secretly be in a state of relief.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just don't think there's anyway you can take Crosby into the playoffs with you right now the way he's shanking the ball.

Rocky11

Superbowl bound Pack
Reaction score
McCarthy is wrong. He should have taken care of this weeks ago. If it weren't for a couple of offensive interference calls we would have needed those points. When the playoffs come EVERY point is so important. He has the yips and is not likely to recover any time soon. Next!!!!

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
yeah, and we still have those that think that his "slump" will end soon. IT'S BEEN 8 FREAKIN WEEKS IN A ROW.....that is not a slump !!!! That is a state of emergency that needs to be taken care of sooner than later. I am sick and tired of his crap, as is 99.9% of all the other fans out there, he needs to go, end of story. He WILL end up costing us a game. We have missed out on WAY TO MANY easy points this season already.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Missin crosby is a stunning 17 for 29 this season....wow. That's 12 missed FG's. Costing us a potential 36 points. Not saying he wouldn't have missed some of those, but c'mon man...36 total points we missed out on because he brain has taken a vacation.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Missin crosby is a stunning 17 for 29 this season....wow. That's 12 missed FG's. Costing us a potential 36 points. Not saying he wouldn't have missed some of those, but c'mon man...36 total points we missed out on because he brain has taken a vacation.

I think at this point he would rather us go for it on fourth down and so would i !!! Some of his misses are not even close man smh. The 1st one he missed yeterday i was like omg that was terrible:eek: and this guy makes millions to be an NFL kicker? We could get longwell for alot cheaper. I've even watched the replays of his misses and none of it is the holders fault, so i don't wanna hear people blaming the holder. Missin Crosby just plain sucks right now. You know it's bad when people are cheering for you if you make a cheap shot kick and teammates are high fiving you when you get to the sidelines. He won't get cut during the season but this will be his last in a Packer uniform unless he starts nailing EVERYTHING.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
If Tim Masthay started shanking punts and performing poorly, there is no doubt in my mind he would be yesterdays news and a new punter would be in GB today, so what does Crosby have on someone in the front offices that is keeping his job safe? Kidding of course.....but come on....this isn't like getting rid of Favre. At worst, give up a roster spot and have 2 kickers, GB wouldn't be the first team to do this.

OP
OP
GreenBlood

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
1. Nate Kaeding
2. Ryan Longwell
3. John Kasay
4. Billy Cundiff
5. Neil Rackers
6. Justin Medlock
7. Dave Rayner
8. David Buehler
9. John Potter
10. Garrett Lindholm

No way on Kaeding. He's always hurt. He's a poor playoff kicker and he started this season no better than Crosby before he was cut.

Longwell would be my choice off that list, but only if Crosby or Masthay can do the kickoffs. He has no strength left in his leg and is only good inside 45 yards anymore.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Is it not the punters job to be the back up FG kicker if crosby were to go down? I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to let Masthay try a damn FG, at least if he misses he has an excuse. At this point I'd be willing to try to let someones grandma try to kick a FG, it would be a safer bet.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts