Crosby and his issues

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Well the Dolphins signed Kaeding, now we will at least be able to see what we may have missed out on. That leaves the following (in no particular order) as worthy vets available after this Sundays game. Hit the net Mason!

1. Ryan Longwell
2. John Kasay
3. Billy Cundiff
4. Neil Rackers

Bagadeez04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tell McCarthy to stop putting Crosby out there for 50+ yarders to "win back his confidence."

The guy got a $15 million contract or whatever which is pretty sizable for a kicker. He should be able to be sent out there for a 50+ yarder without peeing his pants.

I'm not saying get rid of the guy, I'm saying bring in other kickers for a look. Seems to me, the signing bonus they gave him is the only thing saving his a$s right now. I don't see any other explanation for not even bringing in guys for a look-see.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who really thought after all these years of seeing TT work, thought we would get a kicker during the season?

Maybe not at the kicking position but Thompson has brought in players during the season. Grant recently and Peprah, Walden are a couple that come to mind.

LZ13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Crosby's slump may be over - something about hitting that last FG off the crossbar. Generally, when a FG goes through like this, you win the game (just seems so). In Crosby's case, it could be signalling a change in luck.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
The truth is Crosby is not going anywhere for the rest of the season unless he has a mother of all choke games, but if he kicks a game winner in the NFC championship or the Superbowl will he be forgiven for not wearing his kicking glasses..

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Was it just me, or were there a couple of golden opportunities for MM to allow Mason a chance to kick himself out of his slump yesterday when the game was well in hand? I know, running up the score isn't always the right thing to do, but come on, you are at home, with a kicker who needs the work! Yes, he was 2-2, but one was barely more then an extra point and the other one doinked in off the upright. The dome awaits Mason next week.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The NFL is a 'what have you done for me lately' league. What Crosby has done for Green Bay and their opponents is cost them money, by having to have vendors from the 5 yard line on side to the 5 yard line on the other side have to wear safety helmets when Crosby is kicking a field goal. I'm honestly surprised on some of these that he hasn't hooked it into either A. The press box, or B. The parking lot and wrecked somebody's window. He's gotta go this off-season. He's not worth his check anymore.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
The NFL is a 'what have you done for me lately' league. What Crosby has done for Green Bay and their opponents is cost them money, by having to have vendors from the 5 yard line on side to the 5 yard line on the other side have to wear safety helmets when Crosby is kicking a field goal. I'm honestly surprised on some of these that he hasn't hooked it into either A. The press box, or B. The parking lot and wrecked somebody's window. He's gotta go this off-season. He's not worth his check anymore.
He earned it the last two weeks.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
David Akers struggles and the the niners bring in another kicker and cut rb Brandon Jacobs. Maybe they realize the oppertunity they have in front of them and are not making it personal but a BUSINESS decision. I mean heres a guy who tied the record for longest FG ever made this season and broke records last year. Thats the difference between Harbaugh and MM. One is kinda stubborn and won't budge at times while the other will do whatever helps his team win. Not saying MM isn't a good coach he's just to nonchalant at times.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
David Akers struggles and the the niners bring in another kicker and cut rb Brandon Jacobs. Maybe they realize the oppertunity they have in front of them and are not making it personal but a BUSINESS decision. I mean heres a guy who tied the record for longest FG ever made this season and broke records last year. Thats the difference between Harbaugh and MM. One is kinda stubborn and won't budge at times while the other will do whatever helps his team win. Not saying MM isn't a good coach he's just to nonchalant at times.
The term is "loyal to a fault"

Members online

Latest posts