Cris Carter robbed...notify the police

V

Vikeman

2nd all time in almost every receiving category and this guy isn'y a first time ballot? Anyone disagree...or can explain to me how?

2nd most receptions
6th most receiving yards
2nd most touchdowns.
12 straight pro bowls
Basically 2nd best career of a wide receiver after Jerry Rice.

PackerSacker54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even as a Bears fan, I totally agree.

This is pretty bad too:

Richard Dent DE (83-97)

137 sacks
8 int
1 safety
1 td
13 fr
4 time probowl selection
5 time all-pro
superbowl MVP

Fred Dean DE (75-85)

28 sacks
1 int
1 td
0 safety
13 fr
4 time probowler
4 time all-pro

WTF? This is total bull$hit!

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
For Chris Carter... I agree that he belongs in the hall, but until Art Monk is elected I don't know how Carter could make it. Monk was the best reciever of his time, period.

PackerSacker54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For Chris Carter... I agree that he belongs in the hall, but until Art Monk is elected I don't know how Carter could make it. Monk was the best reciever of his time, period.

I agree, Monk is long overdue but did they really need 3 Redskins in this season(coach Thomas, WTF?)
I think it's because of the Sean Taylor(R.I.P.) inncident

I also think that the media lovefest for the 18-0 Patriots dynasty helped Tippett( who is deserving) get in over some of the others that were deserving as well.

Chris Carter, Derrick Thomas and Richard Dent should all get in next season, but probably won't. :(

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2nd all time in almost every receiving category and this guy isn'y a first time ballot? Anyone disagree...or can explain to me how?

2nd most receptions
6th most receiving yards
2nd most touchdowns.
12 straight pro bowls
Basically 2nd best career of a wide receiver after Jerry Rice.
I agree Vikeman........he SHOULD be in there.
So should Jerry Kramer in my view. I think the only reason Kramer hasn't made it is there are so many Packers from the 60's in the hall already. But he DESERVES it, as does Carter.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Monk is LONG overdue.

Carter will make it, but I think the whole "first ballot" and "unanimously voted" things really means squat.

I was reading about a writer who has a vote for baseball HOF candidates, and he says he will never allow a player to be unanimously voted into the HOF. He said that if guys like Babe Ruth and Ted Williams weren't unanimously voted in, then no one should be. I personally think the writer was just doing this for publicity, because he was on every sports talk show doing interviews about it. I understand the idea behind his point, but a no vote means "no, they shouldn't be in the HOF", not whether or not it's a unanimous vote.

Members online

Latest posts