Cowboys' Newman = classless

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And also an idiot for going public with these kind of comments.

"Dallas Cowboys cornerback Terence Newman said Tuesday the threat of a fine won't be a deterrent should he get the chance to take a shot at Detroit quarterback Jon Kitna on Sunday. Newman's comments came one day after Cowboys linebacker Bradie James said he was looking forward to making Kitna pay for comments he made in January about the Dallas defense.

In an interview with a Seattle radio station shortly after Kitna led the Lions to a 39-31 victory over the Cowboys in last season's finale, Kitna called James ineffective and said he didn't think Newman was as talented as Seahawks corner Marcus Trufant.

"Basically, what it boils down to is you've got to watch what you say," Newman told SIRIUS NFL Radio. "Your mouth can't write checks that your baboons can't cash. That's what it comes down to. Everybody's going to see those quotes. "He better just hope I don't blitz off the edge because I've got 15, 25, 30 (thousand dollars) however much it would be for a fine. I've got that much for one fine. Revenge will be sweet, definitely."

Packerfan4Life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Newman, he's a very good corner and one of the best defenders on the Cowboys D. But yeah, that is pretty classless, even with what Kitna said last year about Newman. Shut your mouth and let your play do the talking, and if he gets a helmet to helmet hit or late hit on Kitna, I think he should be suspended. Harsher penalties for something pre-meditated, just like in real life.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kitna took too many hits to his melon...

He's loopy (and not very smart..).

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But...They did beat the cows last year. I like Kitna. I hope one of the Lions lays Newman out. If he does go after Kitna the officials will be waiting for it. Hopefully the fine will be much larger.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Shut your mouth and let your play do the talking, and if he gets a helmet to helmet hit or late hit on Kitna, I think he should be suspended. Harsher penalties for something pre-meditated, just like in real life.

Agreed.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packerfan4Life said:
Shut your mouth and let your play do the talking, and if he gets a helmet to helmet hit or late hit on Kitna, I think he should be suspended. Harsher penalties for something pre-meditated, just like in real life.

Agreed.
I agree also. I hope his o-linemen make it a priority to take care of this bum. To admit your goal is to hurt someone, JUST because his team beat yours the last time is as classless as you can get.
I'm kind of glad he admitted it though, as it will give some advance notice of what he's planning.
This may end up with a retaliation by the Lions D line on ol' Romo.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wouldn't you love to see Rogers clean up on Romo? Strip the ball from him
and run in for his second TD of the season would be sweet. Just deraming. :)

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that if he does pull some crap hit, the fine should be 10x the amount, if not suspension...

What would you guys say if Newmans whole intent is to just get into Kitnas head? Is that in fair play? If he actually has no intent to follow through, and is just giving Kitna something else to think about, is that ok?

I would say that from a pure football standpoint, it might be a good tactic...but from an NFL standpoint, I dont think that this should be allowed. I might even fine him for just bringing it up.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ahh, let him talk, carry through with it, then suspend him for the remainder of the season to set an example. Then we will see how good Dallas is without THEIR top corner.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that if he does pull some crap hit, the fine should be 10x the amount, if not suspension...

What would you guys say if Newmans whole intent is to just get into Kitnas head? Is that in fair play? If he actually has no intent to follow through, and is just giving Kitna something else to think about, is that ok?

I would say that from a pure football standpoint, it might be a good tactic...but from an NFL standpoint, I dont think that this should be allowed. I might even fine him for just bringing it up.
To me, you can try to get into the other player's head, without threatening bodily harm.
You could say all kinds of things, how your going be all over the field making plays, that you might be blitzing to sack him a dozen times, whatever. But when you admit your intent is to HURT him, your now talking about premeditated assault. If he DOES hurt him, i think he should not only be fined and suspended, but arrested.
JMO

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Newman is getting a letter today with NFL stamped on the top... probably not a pleasant one either. :twocents:

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Newman is getting a letter today with NFL stamped on the top... probably not a pleasant one either. :twocents:

NFL tells Newman it will be watching after his warning to Kitna

...."Be advised that your comments will now compel us to carefully monitor your activities in this weekend's Cowboys-Lions game," read part of the letter signed by Ray Anderson, NFL executive vice president for football operations. "As you know, flagrant fouls may subject a player not only to fines, but to suspension as well. So conduct yourself accordingly.".......

Link

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack93z said:

NFL tells Newman it will be watching after his warning to Kitna

...."Be advised that your comments will now compel us to carefully monitor your activities in this weekend's Cowboys-Lions game," read part of the letter signed by Ray Anderson, NFL executive vice president for football operations. "As you know, flagrant fouls may subject a player not only to fines, but to suspension as well. So conduct yourself accordingly.".......

Link
If he even BREATHES on Kitna, he's toast!
The NFL letter, condensed:
If you hurt him, we will hurt you even worse. :wink:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts