Cowboys are going to have to deal with this issue..

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
I love it the this is becomming an issue for Mr. Jones and his arrogant team.. Karma baby Karma.. took year but it is comming.

Plano trainer says he supplied Cowboys players with steroids

No names, evidence given; organization says man not affiliated with team

12:31 AM CST on Wednesday, November 14, 2007
By JASON TRAHAN / The Dallas Morning News
[email protected]

A man who pleaded guilty Tuesday to possession of illegal steroids has given federal authorities the names of former and current Dallas Cowboys players who he says he supplied with performance-enhancing drugs, according to sources familiar with the investigation.

David Jacobs, 35, has not publicly named any of the players he says he has supplied with drugs. None of his claims has been publicly verified, and no evidence has been released related to the involvement of the athletes.

Federal investigators plan to use the information supplied by the personal trainer, who also owns a nutritional supplement store in Plano, in an ongoing nationwide effort to crack down on underground steroid providers and users.

The NFL, the Cowboys organization and football players contacted Tuesday say they know nothing of Mr. Jacobs.

"We are one of the hottest things out there, so we are going to get mentioned if somebody robs a McDonald's," said Cowboys linebacker Bradie James, one of several players who discussed the buzz around the case with reporters Tuesday.

"We don't know this individual," Cowboys spokesman Rich Dalrymple said of Mr. Jacobs. "He has never been affiliated with this organization, and we have just been made aware of this situation yesterday."

Mr. Jacobs was indicted in May by a grand jury working out of the Eastern District of Texas. Prosecutors have since revised that indictment to include six other people who they say conspired to illegally distribute steroids.

It is unknown whether the others named in the indictment, all of whom declined to comment or could not be reached for comment, have any alleged connection to professional athletes. To prove a conspiracy, prosecutors need only show that they dealt with one another.

On Tuesday, Mr. Jacobs pleaded guilty before U.S. Magistrate Judge Don D. Bush in Sherman to one count of conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute anabolic steroids.

Under the plea deal, Mr. Jacobs would get three years' probation in exchange for his help if a federal judge signs off on the agreement.

The conspiracy charge can carry a sentence of up to five years in federal prison and a fine of up to $250,000.

"He's cooperating in an ongoing investigation," said Mr. Jacobs' attorney, Henry E. Hockeimer Jr. He declined to elaborate.

Two other defendants also pleaded guilty to the conspiracy charge last week, including Amber Joleblon Jarrell, Mr. Jacobs' former live-in girlfriend who is also a bodybuilder, and Matthew Blake Williams of Dallas.

The remaining defendants are Brandon Mark Smith, also a bodybuilder; Andrew William Schenck; Juan Carlos Ballivian of Houston; and Jamie Mongeau. Their cases are pending.

The investigation is part of Operation Raw Deal, an international effort by the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration, the Food and Drug Administration and other federal agencies that for two years has targeted importers of raw steroid materials from China, Mexico and other countries.

Raw Deal has resulted in 124 arrests and dozens of search warrants in September, and authorities continue to sift through the evidence and expand the cases.

Mr. Jacobs admitted distributing more than 40,000 units of steroids from February 2006 through April of this year, as well as several thousand units of human growth hormone, documents show.

Authorities allege that Mr. Jacobs ran the operation out of his home on Honey Creek Lane in Plano.

Mr. Jacobs owns the Supplement Outlet in the 3800 block of West President George W. Bush Highway in Plano, though the business is not known to be part of the investigation.

On his Web site, thesupplementoutlet.com, Mr. Jacobs says he is a "certified personal trainer" who "offers guidance to many top athletes across the United States" including "Dallas Cowboys and Atlanta Falcons football players."

Falcons spokesman Reggie Roberts said he had no comment on Mr. Jacobs and the steroid investigation.

Court documents do not include names of Mr. Jacobs' alleged end users. Authorities would not comment on which current or former Cowboys players Mr. Jacobs had named to prosecutors.

"We look forward to learning the facts underlying today's developments in this case and to assisting the federal investigation in any way possible," NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said.

"Consistent with our policies, we will deal with any NFL-related involvement promptly and aggressively."

The steroids story, first reported Monday evening on KTVT-TV (Channel 11), had sports fans and Cowboys players abuzz.

"For a player to start taking steroids to try to beat the system, it would be really foolish to try and do something like that," guard Leonard Davis said.

Several players noted that the league performs random testing for steroids.

"I know personally, the things I've done to get myself in shape ... are pure, and that comes from dedication and hard work," wide receiver Terrell Owens said.

"It's a little blemish on the success we're having right now," he said. "Until someone is identified, it's just speculation. We're not going to worry about that. ... We have to worry about the Redskins."

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I think most people know a large number of pro players do steroids. Doesn't even register on my radar anymore. It's pretty much a fact of life in pro sports. Yeah, it's not good for the players in the long run, but they made the decision to do them. Nobody put a gun to their head. Granted, you could say the situation is an overwhelming pressure. Maybe that is why so many pro players have a great record of spousal abuse. Not to mention so many felonies too.

Million dollar contract vs unemployment with a general studies from their university.. Hmmm..... I think most people would choose the juice. I would.

I live in Plano btw (how ironic)

Members online

Latest posts