Cowboy Stadium turf

gbpowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was it just plain bad luck for the Packers enduring 3 major injuries during the Super Bowl? A couple of Steelers were also dinged up too. I thought about Romo going out earlier in the season with a shoulder injury. Does anyone know anything about the turf? Did Jerry Jones blow his big bucks on the exterior of the building and forget to protect his biggest investment (the players) by installing a cheap carpet?:happy0005:

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
False. Concrete is more expensive then Carpet. Therefore he actually dished out more money to sabotage his biggest investment.

azpackersfan12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's also where Sam Bradford hurt his shoulder when Oklahoma played BYU a couple seasons ago. Seems to be a bit of a trend in Dallas.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jerry's had a history of having crappy stadiums with crappy turf. The old stadium had really bad turf, particularly outside the lines...anyone remember the game where a Packer player got knocked out after hitting his head on the sidelines

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Glad we don't play there, we'd have 40 guys on IR in that case.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It did seem like they pulled up the normal turf in the areas where the new logos were installed for the SB. The grains didn't match the rest of the field. Maybe the new stuff didn't have the same padding under it.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SofTop turf--essentially the same stuff in the Silverdome. Sure seemed to be slippery as well. Wonder if the cold does that?

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
If he didnt put the nicest turf on earth in their he is an idiot. I think it was just bad luck and not crappy turf. However it does seem like these "artificial turfs" still dont match up to a real nice natural field, I think the arizona cardinals stadium is the nicest is it not?

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he didnt put the nicest turf on earth in their he is an idiot. I think it was just bad luck and not crappy turf. However it does seem like these "artificial turfs" still dont match up to a real nice natural field, I think the arizona cardinals stadium is the nicest is it not?

yeah, they have the luxury of being able to move the field outside when it's not in use so they can use real grass

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
yeah, they have the luxury of being able to move the field outside when it's not in use so they can use real grass

yeah I saw something on nfltv a while ago about that, I wonder why Jerry didnt think of doing that...They roll the whole field into the parking lot during the day so it gets nice sun than roll it back in.

Members online

Latest posts