Coughlin claims he got hosed; Still pics of Ballard non-td

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Who cares if Coughlin blames the refs, I think Coughlin is an *******.

The Giants managed to get away with a lot of things in their last two games to still lose. Saints had over 10 penalties against them at home, Giants barely had any and got away with many things. Once again, they got away with pass interference calls, and since their quarterback's name is "Manning" they treat him like a piece of gold when Matthews clocked him.

If you manage to get by with holding and pass interference calls, and the other team get way more flags than you, and you also out gain them on yards, there is NO EXCUSE to lose! Coughlin is a *****, always has been, always will be. For the New York coaches, I would rather have Rex Ryan as my coach than Coughlin, cause while Rex runs his mouth, at least he sticks up for his players, and tells them it's OK when they make mistakes (even though Sanchez gets too many chances) I don't ever remember Coughlin standing up for his players. Last year in Philly, what's he do, throw his punter under the bus, even though he should know everyone makes mistakes.

Reaction score
The Giants game was once of the most poorly officiated games I've seen this year for both teams.
Some calls that went against us where BJ Raji getting neck tied on the 2pt conversion, the Giants
returner signalling for a fair catch and then awarded a 16 yard gain and there were several Packer
receivers that were bumped or run into well after the five yard zone.

That miss call also cost Packers Andrew Quarless for the season. He stopped when Giant called for fair catch and was blasted when player then returned the kick.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Even with the horrible officiating in this game, with 58 seconds left the score was tied, neither team was completely out of the game. Coughlin may have gotten hosed on that call, I thought his knee was out of bounds and there was a question if Ballard had full control, but that touchdown doesn't get added on to the final score if it stood.

So really what Coughlin should be concerned about it how his defense let Rodgers drive 65 yards in 40 seconds or better yet why they didn't run down the clock before they tied the game.

Packers made the plays when they needed to, the Giants didn't. It's as simple as that.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that wasnt a touch down...hence the ruling stands. and in a related note, coughlin should prepare his resume. this team gets coaches fired, so prepare yourself you old ****!

Flpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
im not sure if this has been said, but if you watch the video you see that some rubber pellets come up in the white paint when his knee hits, therefore, incomplete. It was really close and I think if it was called a TD that would have stood also.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who cares if Coughlin blames the refs, I think Coughlin is an *******.

The Giants managed to get away with a lot of things in their last two games to still lose. Saints had over 10 penalties against them at home, Giants barely had any and got away with many things. Once again, they got away with pass interference calls, and since their quarterback's name is "Manning" they treat him like a piece of gold when Matthews clocked him.

If you manage to get by with holding and pass interference calls, and the other team get way more flags than you, and you also out gain them on yards, there is NO EXCUSE to lose! Coughlin is a *****, always has been, always will be. For the New York coaches, I would rather have Rex Ryan as my coach than Coughlin, cause while Rex runs his mouth, at least he sticks up for his players, and tells them it's OK when they make mistakes (even though Sanchez gets too many chances) I don't ever remember Coughlin standing up for his players. Last year in Philly, what's he do, throw his punter under the bus, even though he should know everyone makes mistakes.
When I saw that game I knew what was coming.... And they still manage to spin it in a way that they're the victims. Unbelievable.

But then again, in a 4 game losing streak, coming off a no-playoff season, the coach will find anything to lessen the pressure off of him.

Reaction score
The Game Was Tied with 58 seconds to go and he's mad about a play that happened way back in the 2nd qt?

If he's feeling sick, he should feel sick about how his defense gave up 60 some yards in less than a minute, that allowed us to kick the game winner.

in any case, moochie said it best.... "bummer. :rolleyes: "
or as my homie PC Mac once said when it got sick from that one site and froze and got all blue on me, "UMad Brah?"

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We did get all the close calls. I admit it. 3 or 4 of them could have gone the other way.
Still, our drops were gifts.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That miss call also cost Packers Andrew Quarless for the season. He stopped when Giant called for fair catch and was blasted when player then returned the kick.
That's right. I'm still pizzed that the zebra's ignored the guy raising his arm - all because of what happened to Quarless.

It's like the fumble on the kick return that then led to Terrance Murphy's neck injury 5-6 years ago, ending his career in his rookie season. And Donald Lee's fumble in Wash DC last year that made Finley try and make a tackle, which got his knee injured.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Coughlin may as well try and blame it on God as much as the officials. The former stands a better chance of listening but so far has shown no mercy while the latter just doesn't give a damn. Either way, that single play does not erase the damage of a 4 game losing streak deep into the season for a team predicted to win its division. It also does nothing to remove Coughlin's head from the chopping block. If anything it just makes him look like an ***. Even Andy Reid assumed full responsibility for the state of his Eagles. Unless Coughlin has gotten a hold of some other camera angle where there is conclusive evidence, I have to assume this is a stunt to take the pressure off himself. Even if that should of been a TD, as often as the Packers have been the victim of poor officiating, I can't be too sorry when it happens to another team. Especially when those points could change the outcome of the game. I still think the officials made the right call judging by the stills and footage I've seen. If Coughlin gets hosed, it's his own fault, not the officials, Packers nor anyone else.

Coughlin's problems run deeper than the Ballard non TD, this play is merely a smokescreen to mask a larger problem.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
The crybabies may have a still photo...there's a thread in this forum that contains 58 seconds of footage that the crybabies should watch over and over and over... :)

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Furthermore, while I'm on a Coughlin rant, I forgot to mention something. What the hell is with Coughlin and the BS challenge flags? Even one of the commentators, I think it was Aikmen, noticed it and remarked on it. Either he is getting bad/ wrong information from upstairs or he needs to stop listening to his players. Both the plays he challenged in the Packers game are plays that should of never been challenged. As a result, he ran out of challenge flags when he probably should of thrown them. If I were the Giants, I'd worry more about this than the officiating. The challenge flags force them to review the play. If he thinks the officiating is so bad, why the hell would he throw away opportunities to prove them wrong?

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel it was the right call,coach needs to get glasses I'll give him an old pair they are womens,but he shouldn't care.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I wonder what Coughlin did after the game.

Did he erupt like Bobby Knight at his players for all their mistakes?

Or did he do what I think he would do, sit in a dark room for about 3 hours, with a bottle of gin, and think about the loss, that's what he did when they lost to the Eagles last year LOL, I believe he even admitted to it.

He can thank Favre for getting him to the Super Bowl, and Assante Samuel's dropped interception are the only 2 reasons the Giants won it, other than that he would still be a loser. That miracle catch I still hear about from the typical New Yorker style ******* fans would not have been possible IF Favre didn't send them to the Super Bowl off an interception, and IF Assante Samuel would not have dropped that pick on the last drive.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I wonder what Coughlin did after the game.

Did he erupt like Bobby Knight at his players for all their mistakes?

Or did he do what I think he would do, sit in a dark room for about 3 hours, with a bottle of gin, and think about the loss, that's what he did when they lost to the Eagles last year LOL, I believe he even admitted to it.

He can thank Favre for getting him to the Super Bowl, and Assante Samuel's dropped interception are the only 2 reasons the Giants won it, other than that he would still be a loser. That miracle catch I still hear about from the typical New Yorker style ******* fans would not have been possible IF Favre didn't send them to the Super Bowl off an interception, and IF Assante Samuel would not have dropped that pick on the last drive.

Can I be completely honest here?

I know the Giants did beat the Packers that postseason which can be a sore subject, but God Bless the 2007 Giants for keeping the 2007 Patriots* from 19-0. I would buy David Tryee a lobster dinner and a bottle of champagne if I ever met him in person. That entire Super Bowl was poetry in motion. :cry:

gbforever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was wondering when we would get the game that opposing fans/coaches would say the refs gave us, no season is complete without it. Coughlin should learn from what happened to Childress.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
shoulda heard the Giants fans screaming behind where I was sitting, "GREENBAY CAN DO NO WRONG, THEY ARE PERFECT, THEY WANT THEM TO GO UNDEFEATED,"...it was pretty annoying

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
You'd have thought this happened at the two-minute warning in the fourth with their whining, on the front page of the New York Post and everything. I thought New York was tougher than that...guess I was wrong.

Even if it WAS a catch (and it's not like it wasn't reviewed), they had ample opportunity to suck up and overcome it...like any other team has had to do countless times.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I'm honestly amazed anybody sees inconclusive evidence here. THe important point to remember in reliving an event is your angle to the event. Has anybody seen the video where a guy got his body rolled over by an SUV (I think) and lived to tell about it? In fact, he was thrown clear by a fortunate series of events.
I watched that touchdown video on my VCR and there's no way of telling if his knee is down. It's perspective. I only have one question, if the NFL wants to make every thing official and accurate, why don't we have ground eye cams to catch this? Not the whole field mind you, but just in the end zone if they're going to scrutinize that area of the field. Crossing the goal line, out or in bounds.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...-giants-te-ballards-catch-should-have-counted

Couhlin said he was sick when he saw this....

I still wholeheartedly believe that these are inconclusive. They are both off angles. They aren't directly down the sideline (the second one, is a few degrees behind the play and the first one, you cannot tell if his knee is actually down yet). Even with these stills (and if the officials could have used them), I still think play stands as called. It is not possible to tell with the still sand replays what happened. Also it isn't humanely possible for the officials to know one way or the other, they gotta make a call one way or the other and that call must stand when it is this close.

Aaaannnd...it just occurred to me that still pictures can be easily doctored now days. I just watched the video replay several times and it really isn't very clear. In the two pictures above, even the second one could be considered on the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts