Content with just watching from home?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've never been to Lambeau and I probably won't ever go unless I win tickets or someone offered me one at no charge.
And I'm OK with that. I don't have to deal with the crowd, the parking, possible uncomfortable far away seats and the extra expense for food and drink.
I'm comfortable and happy at home on the couch where I can get a nice cold bottle of beer without waiting in line and celebrate TDs, INTs, FGs with Jaggermeister with my woman.
I don't mean to put down the live Lambeau experience. I'm sure it's awesome for those who are into it.
I'm just wondering if there are any other homebodies like myself who are content with just watching Packers games in the living room. :drinks:

packerstl101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i am. i have never been to Lambeau either, but i do really want to go. i also have only been to 1 NFL game. it was in 2007 i think. Packers vs. Rams at the Dome. games are just to expensive to go to

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You have to be content if you are not from Green Bay or surrounding areas, but I plan to go see a game either this year or next year for the first time. My big screen will have to do until then.

Skarecrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is like going to disneyland. Some people hate that sort of thing, some people would like to go but don't have the time or money, some people like to go once and they are happy, some people go almost once a year, and some people (like my mother in law) can't get enough of it and go when ever they can.

What I am saying, it is an experience, and it is not for everyone. Oh, and also like disneyland... very expensive!

Eis Bowl

Touchdown Artist
Reaction score
And I'm OK with that. I don't have to deal with the crowd, the parking, possible uncomfortable far away seats and the extra expense for food and drink.

So says the person who has never been :). I know what you mean though and agree to a point but I think that it's worth going every few years at least if you can. My current sig pic below is from last year when I went and was in the second row. It was well worth the cost and everything.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
I have been to nearly every home game (minus the stupid gold package games) since I was 4 years old. I inherited my father's season tickets two years ago. I cannot stand not being at a game. I feel like I'm missing it. I feel like the team needs me to cheer them on to victory. Tailgating and being in the stadium for a big game.....there is an electricity that you can't experience anywhere else. My tickets are on the 40 yardline in sec. 121 47 rows up. Honestly, I can see the game better from my seats in Lambeau than I can on the television.

The experience at Lambeau is like nothing else.

rawalabhay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am content to watch from home, but this season I am going to splurge and go to one game! Have to do that alteast once in a lifetime!

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
If anyone on this forum is going to a game or going for the first time and wants someone to tailgate with....I'm your man. I am in the vacant lot at the end of Stadium Dr. 4 hours before kick off every home game. I would be more than happy to show anyone a good time!

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm content because that's all I can do. I've been to Lambeau and it was awesome, but it's just too expensive for me to go.

And I don't even get to watch games in the TV, as most of the Packers' games aren't broadcasted. Have to watch through internet streams, which usually don't have as good quality...

rawalabhay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If anyone on this forum is going to a game or going for the first time and wants someone to tailgate with....I'm your man. I am in the vacant lot at the end of Stadium Dr. 4 hours before kick off every home game. I would be more than happy to show anyone a good time!

I will contact you after I finalize my plans. Probably be coming for the Broncos or St Louis game in Oct. I might need some more information on where to stay and where to park as well, but I will pm you later! Thanks for the invitation for tail gating!

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's get back on topic.
This is a thread about being fine with watching from home.
I'm sure there are plenty of other threads about going to Lambeau and that experience. Please share those memories in the appropriate threads. Thank you.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Let's get back on topic.
This is a thread about being fine with watching from home.
I'm sure there are plenty of other threads about going to Lambeau and that experience. Please share those memories in the appropriate threads. Thank you.

You asked if I would rather watch at home or watch in the stadium. I said, watch in the stadium. Thank you for making sure everyone stays on topic.:good:

Passepartout

October Outstanding
Reaction score
I am not into crowds and love to be in my own home. Love being watching the game in reality in the stadium. There are just pros and cons to it my friend on being at home or in a stadium.

SoCalPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love watching games from home. I don't mind crowds but at the same time I just love being with a few people to watch games on the couch. I would love to go to Lambeau one day though but that won't happen for a long time most likely.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
I enjoy watching the games from home for all the same reasons as listed by the OP.

But, some of my fondest childhood memories are from going to the game-- the intimacy of the sounds, the smells, the intensity, the comraderie, the whole experience... all those elements are simply lost through the TV. As such, if I ever get another chance to go to a game (I don't live in WI any more), I will do so without hesitation.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
i enjoy watching the games from home for all the same reasons as listed by the op.

But, some of my fondest childhood memories are from going to the game-- the intimacy of the sounds, the smells, the intensity, the comraderie, the whole experience... All those elements are simply lost through the tv. As such, if i ever get another chance to go to a game (i don't live in wi any more), i will do so without hesitation.

yes!

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
You know something Forget Favre, those are all valid points, and with HDTV set ups as they are now adays, I would have to agree. Since sitting at home has a LOT less extra expenses than going to the game, and even the unexpected expenses sometimes outweigh the benefit of going to the game. Example is getting a flat tire on the way to the game, or getting sick on the way back from the game. (Only brightside is the Packers were amazing that game and I was prepared for the cold.)

Some other cons are:
Less stat tracking.
Sometimes you don't know how good of a game a player plays. (Went to last year's Giants game and didn't know how great of a game it was for Rodgers)
Depending on where you are sitting you miss out some plays, or awesome parts of the play.
Have to deal with opposing fans.
Can't vent anger in throwing things. (Also HDTV's have went down in price, you could probably get a new HDTV for the price of a ticket if you smash it.)
And LESS TIME IN TRAFFIC.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
Each year I go to several games at Lambeau or throw (or attend) a Packer party. Both have their own electricity. I LOVE being at Lambeau however, sometimes I miss plays because I'm dancing around or hugging complete strangers. This usually occures during the second half, after several beers. (giggle)
At a Packer party, I usually know the person I'm hugging but the beer consumption is the same.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Totally know what you mean about hugging total strangers :drinks: to me,..they are just friends I haven't met yet! :friends:

I know I horrify my family and friends by visiting with total strangers, but hey...if they are Packer fans, they are just another "brother from another mother, or a sister from another mister!"

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
oh and to be sure I stay on topic... Lambeau is life changing....but home can be fun too!

I do love going to sports bars as well, but that not be an option of discussion.... :smile2:

Eis Bowl

Touchdown Artist
Reaction score
I don't know about how others feel but when at Lambeau it's not a "crowd". It's more like family.

Off topic though what's up with all this heat.:duel:

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
There is definitely more comraderie and feeling of involvement at the stadium. Its not a crowd at all. The point being made about family is spot on. Honestly, when I watch games at home I feel like I'm missing Christmas or something.

Reaction score
I am perfectly content watching games at home, especially in December. Although there is nothing like the experience of going to a Packer game at Lambeau. I go to at least one game a year. I am part of a group that has season tickets for all the home games. We sit in the end zone like 59 rows up. You can see the whole play develop in front of you. You see things at the game that you could never pick up on TV. So am I content to sit at home and watch? Sure, but if you've never been to a game at Lambeau you have no idea!!!!

Members online

Latest posts