Congratulations

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Congratulations to Ryan, and to the members of this board, for being, by far, the least annoying, least give me a headache with only typed words, group of posters I have found on any message board I browse. I love the Vancouver Canucks of the NHL as much as I do the Green Bay Packers, but I cannot, for the life of me, spend more than 5 minutes on their boards without wanting to reconsider using the internet. The same goes for any other teams' boards I've checked out over the years. So if any of you log on here on a bad day, and for whatever reason have a less than stellar experience, please know that it's so much worse "out there", and that we've lucked into a pretty decent group of people.

Ryan, move this if necessary. It's in here since it's about Packers fans. I figured the "Packer Fan Forum" was as good a spot as any.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will leave it here, congrats to all our users for making it a great place for packers football discussions!

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love this site and Ryan is awesome!!!!! You can speak your mind without anyone twisting it around or making more into it then was said...all you posters are awesome!!!

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wow - great posts everyone!!! this truly is a terrific site & i am so thankful to harald for telling me about it. then to have some of my friends decide to join after i told them about it was just a bonus for me!! keep up the great work, ryan - this site will only continue to grow!!! :D

eastcoastpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's the best of all the rest! I very seldom go to any other site. My only trouble is during the football season I'm working out of town to get on! I guess I need to get a laptop... :thumbsup: :packbeer: :kickcan:

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This has been a very good site to talk Packer football and have discussions that normally I couldn't have since Packer fans do not surround me - sad to say, but Viqueen fans abound around here which makes it difficult to say the least :wink:

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
How slow Packersnews.com is and how unwilling they were to upgrade is the reason I came here. I offered to update/upgrade their forums for free and maintain them for free. That wasn't good enough (I believe because the software they use cost them a couple hundred dollars lol). I even said I would do everything in their main location so they could oversee everything I did!

I'm glad to see this forum is getting more and more attention. The admin is pretty good borderline great (his only flaw is his selection of arrow as mod, hehe <3). But seriously I hope this becomes a first location cornerstone for Packer fans to unite and discuss current packers news and rumors. Contrary to popular (not to increase useless post count) belief I post many articles for the sole purpose to make THIS site a first spot that Packer fans check for their news about the best professional team, EVER! ... the TRUE Americas team! Green Bay Packers!

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just adding my 'Congrads" in too. This is a very nice site. Looks Good, is user friendly and there are some really good folks here. Good Job. :D

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree 100%! What it all boils down too, is a great site run by a great guy (RYAN) who allows us to talk, laugh, and cry together. Now.....hopefully we won't get any trouble makers on here that seem to TRY to ruin a good thing! I have enjoyed my stay here! (Hopefully a few of you have enjoyed my BEING here!)

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Amen to this quote from Zero2Cool "best professional team, EVER! ... the TRUE Americas team! Green Bay Packers!" ---------------This very long time Packer fan also from DePere,Wi., just five miles from Lambeau Field could not have said it it better.

The Green Bay Press-Gazette offers packersnews.com as a free service to Packers fans, I don't think PG places a high priority on it. They are in the newspaper business that is where their highest priority lies, because that makes the profits. I don't think a large Newspaper Corp. like Gannett (owns the PG) would let just anyone work on their computor because of security reasons. Even a good Packer fan like you- Zero2Cool in DePere!!!!

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I, too, enjoy coming on the board. I appreciate the knowledge that many of you have about football and all the things surrounding this great sport. The only bad thing that I have found is the occasional queen fan who has to come on here and rip everything apart. I will say, however, that there are a couple of viking fans who post on here that are very nice. Thanks to all, and to you Ryan for making this a special place. I also post on Packers Partners message board, but I seem to get more info from this board.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
How slow Packersnews.com is and how unwilling they were to upgrade is the reason I came here. I offered to update/upgrade their forums for free and maintain them for free. That wasn't good enough (I believe because the software they use cost them a couple hundred dollars lol). I even said I would do everything in their main location so they could oversee everything I did!

I'm glad to see this forum is getting more and more attention. The admin is pretty good borderline great (his only flaw is his selection of arrow as mod, hehe <3). But seriously I hope this becomes a first location cornerstone for Packer fans to unite and discuss current packers news and rumors. Contrary to popular (not to increase useless post count) belief I post many articles for the sole purpose to make THIS site a first spot that Packer fans check for their news about the best professional team, EVER! ... the TRUE Americas team! Green Bay Packers!

I 'ditto' this comment in the second half... Hopefully, Z2C, with some help by a few of us Members - we can congregate all Cheeseheads from around the Country and elsewhere to start heading this way...

As a side note - I've already advised RYAN that our new website design will incorporate using the PF as our Message board section - which saves us from managing one. Why bother when this one is done so well. We've started our design storyboards and layout for JAVA scripting today... Could be, that by Draft Day - we'll be ready for the fullboat banana....

======================

It's a shame that PackersNews wouldn't take you up on the pro-bono offer - it would have been a feather for your resume and portfolio --- sounds like a turf war (to me), with the current dude sittin' in up there.. He's probably scared $hitless that someone else wanted to jump onboard. Keep tryin' - they may reconsider - try goin' over his head... see if the Head Hondo will give ya five minutes.

CHEERS, RYAN!!!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
It's a shame that PackersNews wouldn't take you up on the pro-bono offer - it would have been a feather for your resume and portfolio --- sounds like a turf war (to me), with the current dude sittin' in up there.. He's probably scared $hitless that someone else wanted to jump onboard. Keep tryin' - they may reconsider - try goin' over his head... see if the Head Hondo will give ya five minutes.

CHEERS, RYAN!!!

I tried for nearly six months. They don't want my help, I won't be one to knock down their door and say 'let me HELP YOUR WEBSITE' if they don't want it, its their loss. I'm a great with forums and the person they have is ... well I'd have to say subpar if he recommended that ColdFusion Board to them.

Their loss, and Ryans gain. He'd miss me too much if I had to focus my time managing a board instead of finding ways to torment him on his board lol

Appreciate the kind comments.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JD4shizzle said:
I love the Vancouver Canucks of the NHL as much as I do the Green Bay Packers.

The Packers are the priority. When their season ends I shift gears to watching San Jose Sharks. Nothing has priority as the Packers.

When hockey is over there is nothing until Packer training camp.

Remind me to meet you in the Smack area April 12th after the Sharks leave the Cannucks for the Zamboni to scrape up.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
JD4shizzle said:

The Packers are the priority. When their season ends I shift gears to watching San Jose Sharks. Nothing has priority as the Packers.

Remind me to meet you in the Smack area April 12th after the Sharks leave the Cannucks for the Zamboni to scrape up.

Alrighty then ... git yer tickets right here... IPBprez is sellin' tickets fer this matchup of the new Millenium.... Who wants a front row seat...? This oughta be a goodun! I almost snorted beer thru me nose after readin' this one.... Way to go, Cheez!

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We Packer fans are lucky. We have fine forums like this to go to and opine even if we don't have much knowledge to share. We DO share our love for the Pack and that is important. One of my sons-in-law is a Raider fan, died in the wool, and he is always moaning about the lousy Raider forum(s). The best I've been able to do with him is to convince him that the Packers are his 2nd favorite team.
Anyway, even though I'm not able to add much of interest to this forum, never let it be said that I don't appreciate you fellows for making this a fun place to visit. The Packers are a class organization and deserve class fans.

OP
OP
J

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:
JD4shizzle said:

Haha I dunnoooooooooo. The boys are 2-0 vs. the Sharks this year, and I'm thinking 4-0 can't be far off.:p Jumbo Joe certainly changes the dynamics of the matchup, but if you look at a 3 game stretch not too long ago, "our" hidden gem Mattias Ohlund held Jaromir Jagr, Peter Forsberg, and the vaunted Alfredsson/Spezza/Heatley line scoreless. Mattias, meet Joe. Joe, meet Mattias.:D

Err, go Packers!

OP
OP
J

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
Hockey-:kickcan:

Football-:jumpsmile:

and I live five minutes away from the SharkTank :wink:

With me it's:

Lacrosse- :jumpsmile:

Hockey/Football- :kickcan:

But not my much.:)

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You want to see some real whiney crap, check out some Cub fans going at it. Yuk! A truly obnoxious bunch who actually think that 90 years of losing is cute. :puke:

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
You want to see some real whiney crap, check out some Cub fans going at it. Yuk! A truly obnoxious bunch who actually think that 90 years of losing is cute. :puke:

Man, I heard that - and 'no' Harry Carey to lead them on, either....
Personally, I don't think the "curse" reasoning is valid any longer, either!

But, back to football....

With me, It's

• Football - Packers, Steelers - in that order..
    Baseball - Cardinals, Brewers, then specific players....
(I liked it better when the Brewers were in the AL. You guys remember the '82 Brewers? What a great year that was...)

• Basketball - always been my Indiana Pacers
( - but back in High School, ol' Slick Leonard was the Coach of an AWEsome ABA Pacers teams that even today, the NBA will not respect properly....)

I guess that's my one beef with Professional Sports -- how the NFL has the TV revenue sharing agreement - equal to all Teams, while the NBA and the MLB don't have that type of structure... Here lately, the Yankees haven't been able to "buy" the World Series, and that's been sorta great, for a change - but it won't last long and that's the shame of it.

Of all other Sports, the NBA has more reason to implement TV revenue sharing - they have the second largest fan base, as far as I'm concerned in this day and age.

Basbeall used to be second, but with all the nonsense over steroids and the smearing of some great times in Baseball.. it's become tarnished and until the Commissioner and the Mgmt structure of MLB repairs that "attitude" about how baseball should be played... then it'll never heal.

JMHO..

Members online

Latest posts