Congratulations from Seattle

HawkBeliever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your boys were really really good tonight. Congratulations to them and all you fans. Must have been a pretty special night for everyone at Lambeau. Except for the Seahawks of course.

Gotta say that I'll be cheering for the Packers in spite of the embarrasment you laid on my Hawks today. You all are the only team left I would actually root for rather than against.

Hey, I would also like to say that I really appreciate this forum. It seems to be moderated really well and there is good seperation between the smack and the regular football talk. I would say your community on this forum is extraordinarily open to ineracting with visitor with respect. Thats a rare thing. So kudos to you all. Enjoy your victory. And heres to your team getting another ring this season! :beer:

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks. You have been great through the whole week and show a lot of class coming in after a loss. Good luck to the Hawks next season.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks HawkBeliever. For the most part, people here are willing to let other fans come and talk football. Good luck next season (unless we run into each other again)!

GO PACK

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks. You have been great through the whole week and show a lot of class coming in after a loss. Good luck to the Hawks next season.

Yeah I know I wouldn't

Bobby Engram, a Penn State all-time great, might be my favorite non-Packer, still got respect for the Hawks, hot pants or no, good game

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your boys were really really good tonight. Congratulations to them and all you fans. Must have been a pretty special night for everyone at Lambeau. Except for the Seahawks of course.

Gotta say that I'll be cheering for the Packers in spite of the embarrasment you laid on my Hawks today. You all are the only team left I would actually root for rather than against.

Hey, I would also like to say that I really appreciate this forum. It seems to be moderated really well and there is good seperation between the smack and the regular football talk. I would say your community on this forum is extraordinarily open to ineracting with visitor with respect. Thats a rare thing. So kudos to you all. Enjoy your victory. And heres to your team getting another ring this season! :beer:

Same time next year, Hawkbeliever?

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
Hawk, you've been a great poster as a guy coming from the opposing team, its been nice talking with you, thanks for the great thoughts! You guys are on a good track and with an improvement to your run game, you guys can go very far next year!

onetonweasel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I joined this forum just to extend my congratulations to all the Packer fans out there. It's nice to see that someone else from my area is showing some class. I watched the Pack at the beginning of the year (only caught a couple games) and thought uh oh this might not be a good season for them but they sure turned it around. With the young talent you guys have enjoy the next 5-6 years...and if you have good front office even longer. I have watched the SeaHawks from expansion, the Jack Patera days when we could only score with a fake field goal and today they were just outplayed.

Congratz guys and continued success (except when you play the Hawks)...we'll see you next year! I'll be rooting for the pack for the remainder.

One Ton Weasel

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hawk....

The season has not ended in the Pacific North West. It has just started.

The Steelhead are running up the river right now, so grab some cured salmon roe, wool, steelhead eggs, or 4 & 6 inch pink worms and small jigs on Pink, White or Orange.

Take your frustrations out by bonking a few hatchery Steelhead.

Release the wild ones though. Ok.

If you are not a fisher, then just wake up tomorrow and head down to Pikes Market and have a bowl of Clam Chowder.

Seattle is one beautiful city.

Next year.

R.P.

PappyVanWinkle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

If you are not a fisher, then just wake up tomorrow and head down to Pikes Market and have a bowl of Clam Chowder.

Next year.

R.P.

Totally not trying to be a ****, and this has nothing to do with football, but if I see Pike Place Market referred to as "Pikes Market" again my head will explode.

Oh, and congrats to your team, I have to say, never before did I get such a sinking feeling from a 14 point lead. bah.

OP
OP
HawkBeliever

HawkBeliever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Same time next year, Hawkbeliever?

How about same time, different venue? :) I am thinking I would like our chances better in Seattle...

Until then, I hope a few of you get a nice winter break in Miami in 3 weeks.

OP
OP
HawkBeliever

HawkBeliever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack&BrettCrazed4 said:
Hawk, you've been a great poster as a guy coming from the opposing team, its been nice talking with you, thanks for the great thoughts! You guys are on a good track and with an improvement to your run game, you guys can go very far next year!
Thanks. I would like to think we have another shot or two with the current team. We obviously need something at the running back. We are really missing or blocking from Mack Strong, our fullback who retired this season. And our offense needs a better TE. And maybe a prowbowl guard while we are at it.

Our defense, though you wouldn't know it tonight, should be pretty solid. But you guys sure picked on Kelly Jennings tonight. I could go for an upgrade at the #2 cornerback...

Anyway, your team looks to be in a fantastic position for the future as long as someone can at least partially fill Farve's shoes. Man, that play where he escaped the sack, almost fell down and then completed that ugly *** but absolutley effective pass seemed to encapsulate everything Brett Farve...

OP
OP
HawkBeliever

HawkBeliever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Hawk....

The season has not ended in the Pacific North West. It has just started.

The Steelhead are running up the river right now, so grab some cured salmon roe, wool, steelhead eggs, or 4 & 6 inch pink worms and small jigs on Pink, White or Orange.

Take your frustrations out by bonking a few hatchery Steelhead.

Release the wild ones though. Ok.

Next year.

R.P.

Ah, a steelhead afficiando... I have put in my share of soggy winter days going after that elusive fish. I started to believe that they were the snipe of the river my first season. The thing I like about steelhead is that they will go for flies I tie. Seems the uglier they are, the more it ****** them off and they want to chomp em....

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
I have to say for the most part, the Seattle fans were very knowledgeable and a pleasure to see posting on this site.. come back again guys.

Hats off to a fine season to your team.. very solid.

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack&BrettCrazed4 said:
Thanks. I would like to think we have another shot or two with the current team. We obviously need something at the running back. We are really missing or blocking from Mack Strong, our fullback who retired this season. And our offense needs a better TE. And maybe a prowbowl guard while we are at it.

Our defense, though you wouldn't know it tonight, should be pretty solid. But you guys sure picked on Kelly Jennings tonight. I could go for an upgrade at the #2 cornerback...

Anyway, your team looks to be in a fantastic position for the future as long as someone can at least partially fill Farve's shoes. Man, that play where he escaped the sack, almost fell down and then completed that ugly *** but absolutley effective pass seemed to encapsulate everything Brett
Farve...

Favre didn't really pick on Kelly Jennings. Jennings is gonna be a consistently good player in this league. He just fell victim to the relentless way we play offense. Our Jennings, Mr. Gregorious, is a monster, and he made the Seahawks realize that.

BlitzAce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Congratulations to the Packers and their fans! There is nothing negative I can say about this game other than having to see my team lose, lol, you were very impressive. You have a model organization, a very talented (not to mention very young) team that should enjoy this success for many seasons to come, a legendary QB in Favre that I have nothing but respect for, and my most favorite fanbase outside of Seattle. There are just too many ties between Seattle and Green Bay, and I feel as if our franchise and yours share an almost brotherly connection. A friend of mine flew out to Green Bay and he called me after the game mentioning to me how friendly, outgoing, and classy all the Packers fans were to him. Regardless of the result of this game, I will definitely support the Packers and root for them to win the Super Bowl. Most teams and fans don't seem to realize that it's as important to win with grace as it is to lose with grace, and your fans classiness definitely takes away some of the sting from the loss.

Cheers,
A Seahawks fan

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Congratulations to the Packers and their fans! There is nothing negative I can say about this game other than having to see my team lose, lol, you were very impressive. You have a model organization, a very talented (not to mention very young) team that should enjoy this success for many seasons to come, a legendary QB in Favre that I have nothing but respect for, and my most favorite fanbase outside of Seattle. There are just too many ties between Seattle and Green Bay, and I feel as if our franchise and yours share an almost brotherly connection. A friend of mine flew out to Green Bay and he called me after the game mentioning to me how friendly, outgoing, and classy all the Packers fans were to him. Regardless of the result of this game, I will definitely support the Packers and root for them to win the Super Bowl. Most teams and fans don't seem to realize that it's as important to win with grace as it is to lose with grace, and your fans classiness definitely takes away some of the sting from the loss.

Cheers,
A Seahawks fan

Fantastic post! And welcome to the forum!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had a Seahawks fan sitting right behind me, and i gotta say he was classy all the way through. Even when he had a 14-0 lead, he was classy.
We shook hands when the game ended, and he wished us well in the playoffs.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seahawks played a great game for the first 5 minutes. However, after that it seems the young talent and the experienced veterans of the Packers really wowed us.

Nonetheless, good luck in the future.

BTW, what is the rumour on Holmgren in Seattle?

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I tip my hand to anyone from any team who can come and talk football without flaming. As good as Seattles team is, and they are very, very good, the Packers are clearly the better team. I appreciate and respect your ability to acknowledge that. I hope Mike Holmgren chooses to come back because after 16 years of coaching, he deserves to go out on better note than that.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What an awesome post Hawk!!! I sure hope Holmgren dont retire after this season, he had a good one this year and hes the best coach.

Everytime I see Holmgren and Favre chit chatting it makes me cry, they have been through so much together and have so much respect for each other.

It was an awesome game!! Thanks again for the congrats!! Same time next year ha?

Mortfini

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thanks to all hawk fans who posted on the forum with such class (unlike the cowboys fans) i heard there was great friendship between the packer and hawk fans even some shirt swaping and the packer fans inviting the hawk fans to tailgate with them Very nice touch and gl next season hawks

Members online

Latest posts