Congrats

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Congrats to you, you Chucky Cheesey Heads.
Haven't seen the game yet as I worked the night shift and just got up, but I do have it taped.

I understand Brad looked 10 yrs younger in the first half.....but a half is not a whole,so.....

Anyhoo, I hope there were no injuries to either side and enjoy your win.

See ya...

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Damn no trash talk or nothing..theres a respectful viking fan. Just kidding most viking fans understand a good win when they see one ( or in your case heard about). Good luck to the Vikings on whatever game they have next.

ChrisC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for that, vikefan! You show great class :thumbsup:

Gotta enjoy the wins - heck we blast 'em when we lose, don't we? ;)

Hope you enjoy some R&R!

Chris

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Damn no trash talk or nothing..theres a respectful viking fan. Just kidding most viking fans understand a good win when they see one ( or in your case heard about). Good luck to the Vikings on whatever game they have next.

they certainly had to suck it up there.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Congrats to you, you Chucky Cheesey Heads.
Haven't seen the game yet as I worked the night shift and just got up, but I do have it taped.

I understand Brad looked 10 yrs younger in the first half.....but a half is not a whole,so.....

Anyhoo, I hope there were no injuries to either side and enjoy your win.

See ya...

awww...here's to ya, vikefan! :packbeer:

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Daggonit, even I had to come back and say "Good Game"! Boy, that sure hurts to say that on the losing end.

You guys have the best DT combo I've seen this year by far. Pat Williams even in old age is a monster. He was VERY fustrating especially in short yardage situations.

vikes93animal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with you Cory, my fav Vike playing is KWill. But the offense is so anemic that B12 shots would barely get there butts moving. On my Vikes fan site they are calling for Brad JOhnsons head. Now, last year he could do no wrong.
We are not getting sufficient enough blocking up front to give anyone time to throw. Brad is not the most mobile in the league so the losses keep stacking up. We should have won today but when you leave one of the top defenses in the league on the field all day the outcome is inevitable.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with you Cory, my fav Vike playing is KWill. But the offense is so anemic that B12 shots would barely get there butts moving. On my Vikes fan site they are calling for Brad JOhnsons head. Now, last year he could do no wrong.
We are not getting sufficient enough blocking up front to give anyone time to throw. Brad is not the most mobile in the league so the losses keep stacking up. We should have won today but when you leave one of the top defenses in the league on the field all day the outcome is inevitable.

Brad seems very effecient in the 5-20 yard pass range. Anything over that and it's scary, IMO. You're right about the blocking. Our guys had pressure on BJ all day. Our blitzing usually isn't THAT effective like it was today. The Oline got very little help from the backs in pass protection. I don't know wether Brad is the problem for BC or the other way around. You know your team alot better than I do for sure. Anyways, you vike fans that I've seen are class acts.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good to hear from some respectful Viking fans. No, Brad Johnson did not look ten years younger in the first half. He looked like the same old Brad Johnson. I've always thought he was an underrated QB, but age has caught up with him now, plus he's being asked to do too much. He could still be capable on a team with better weapons of offense or a top-notch defense like he had in Tampa.

If anyone looked ten years younger, it was Brett Favre, who was perfect on almost every throw and made some really shifty moves in the pocket to escape pressure.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
If anyone looked ten years younger, it was Brett Favre, who was perfect on almost every throw and made some really shifty moves in the pocket to escape pressure.

I was at the game, and i didn't see a whole lot of pressure! i'm sure brett appreciated getting about 15 seconds in the pocket on every play. awesome game.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
Greg C. said:

I was at the game, and i didn't see a whole lot of pressure! i'm sure brett appreciated getting about 15 seconds in the pocket on every play. awesome game.

Brett did take a few grimmacing shots today, though. Oh well the line is getting better and better.

LambeauLeaper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett did take a few grimmacing shots today, though. Oh well the line is getting better and better.

Yeah, if there's one thing that gets me the most excited about our current team is the play of both the lines. The D line has been doing a great job of applying pressure, and the O line is (IMO) a group that is far out-performing expectations.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Anyone else find the we should ahve won quote interesting, given the other things he said?

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone else find the we should ahve won quote interesting, given the other things he said?

Should have won even though Packers dominated in everything.

Vikings suck. Packers rule. Let's get drunk. :packbeer:

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vikes93animal said:

At least this time it is not a Packer fan saying that they should have won a game...

Packers should have won by more. Not sure what aspect of that game could a viking fan say cost them the game...

ChrisC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vikes93animal said:

93animal is just being a fan! I think we can cut him some slack, given that he had the class to come here and post :towel:

Chris

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
oh yeah, maybe the penalty on the runback, but gb still pretty much owned that game.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was a great game and the score pretty tight for awhile, heres to both teams playing hard!! I am very glad that the Pack came out infront though..

Very classy post Vikes!!

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM did a better job of making adjustments at the half. We shut the Vikes down until we played soft to not give up a big play at the end.

If the Vikes defensive line wasn't as stout as it is this could have been a romp. They are some tough dudes down there inside the 5. That's by far the best front against the run we will see this year.

Members online

Latest posts