Congrats!

AsylumGuido

Long Time Saints Fan
Reaction score
I gotta say that was a great game. Rodgers was great, as was Brees. I think the Colston fumble was the single difference in the game. We just saw the two best teams in the NFL go at it tonight.

Good luck the rest of the way and we'll see you in the NFC Championship game.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Well you know how that works *****. Live by the TO, die by the TO. Saints were the best in the NFL their championship year. Packers were awesome the last two years. Brees escaped a couple that should have been picks. I know, I know, we didn't catch them but still. I think if you're an NFL fan and you watched that game and didn't get a boatload of respect for both teams you don't know good football.
Both good defenses, just that these are two unbelievably good offenses.
Go pound the Bears and see you in the NFCCG.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
You guys were great, and I hope your own newspapers don't bash you too bad like they do here in Mobile county when you guys lose. Don't matter what those college educated writers say, you sure gave us a run for the money and didn't give up.

OP
OP
AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido

Long Time Saints Fan
Reaction score
You guys were great, and I hope your own newspapers don't bash you too bad like they do here in Mobile county when you guys lose. Don't matter what those college educated writers say, you sure gave us a run for the money and didn't give up.

I worked for papers in the past so I know better than to worry about anything they say.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Props for coming to say good game. Much respect for that, and your team.

We shall meet again early 2012. Packers, Saints > Eagles

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I worked for papers in the past so I know better than to worry about anything they say.

It's crazy ain't it!

I've been in the business going on 10 years, and am mind blown at some of the sports articles they write. They just watch some ESPN and write something up, except for college teams. They come up with their own opinion on our 2 teams down here.

OP
OP
AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido

Long Time Saints Fan
Reaction score
It's crazy ain't it!

I've been in the business going on 10 years, and am mind blown at some of the sports articles they write. They just watch some ESPN and write something up, except for college teams. They come up with their own opinion on our 2 teams down here.

They don't do their work. They are getting lazy in the paper business these days. But, to be fair, paper staffs are so downsized that the writers don't have time to properly research anymore.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
Thanks for the shoutout and for participating in the forums without being a troll. I have a great deal of respect for the Saints (even as a kid I loved Archie Manning). Your guys fought hard and I am as relieved as I am excited that we were able to come away with a win.
Good luck the rest of the season, until we meet again in the NFCCG.

OP
OP
AsylumGuido

AsylumGuido

Long Time Saints Fan
Reaction score
Thanks for the shoutout and for participating in the forums without being a troll. I have a great deal of respect for the Saints (even as a kid I loved Archie Manning). Your guys fought hard and I am as relieved as I am excited that we were able to come away with a win.
Good luck the rest of the season, until we meet again in the NFCCG.

Thanks! And I have nothing but respect fro the Packers. I was born in South Dakota and was a packers fan. In 1967 my dad was transferred to Louisiana. That summer I learned of the new NFL team joining the league that fall in New Orleans. I was excited to actually have a team I could call my own and immediately became a Saints fan. But, to this day, some of my favorite players were Packers. In fact, I have a personalized autographed poster from Bart Starr and a CFL football with Forrest Gregg's signature right here in my office.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
*****! Your quite a fan! I noticed thru out the threads you remained postive!

It was fun while I was online! Great game indeed!!!

Twyst

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, great game packers , grats on a great looking outing and a hard fought win. Thats a beast of an offense you guys have going up there, and I don't feel the game was as close as the final score implied or how close we came to tying the score. I don't the the outcome was ever really in question until the surprising last 2 minutes or so.

I have one question for you guys though because of a discussion I had with a friend today! When January rolls around and the weather turns bitter in Green Bay, do you think it will actually be a disadvantage to be playing in the elements now because of the precision offense you guys excel at now?

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score

Mobile County? Like in Alabama?

I just moved to Mobile.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Yes, great game packers , grats on a great looking outing and a hard fought win. Thats a beast of an offense you guys have going up there, and I don't feel the game was as close as the final score implied or how close we came to tying the score. I don't the the outcome was ever really in question until the surprising last 2 minutes or so.

I have one question for you guys though because of a discussion I had with a friend today! When January rolls around and the weather turns bitter in Green Bay, do you think it will actually be a disadvantage to be playing in the elements now because of the precision offense you guys excel at now?
First I'd like to say I hope your fans don't get too down on your defense. The Packers have a great defense but you guys carved it up pretty good too. You have to figure when you have high powered offenses going against stingy defenses something has got to give. It seems both of our teams have some pretty potent offenses. You'll see against the Bears that there are not so many question marks about your D than you think. You will find that the Bears are tuned to the kind of attack you intend to present to them. They play us twice a year and know about stunting good offenses.
Thanks for the compliments, I agree the game wasn't as close as the score. Our team has a dismaying trait of pulling up when they are ahead. Time will tell this year if it will continue.
As for foul weather... Our team is built to play on tough turf, it's just natural to understand they'll be that much better on perfect conditions. It's pretty obvious they're better on a perfect surface, but they ARE built to perform on a rough wintry field.
If there's an advantage it's that our team routinely practices in it. I don't think it gives specific players advantages. If your argument was that the Packers would really do better against the Saints in December I'd argue with you. I would think that the atmosphere of a Packers home game would make the difference. Either way, it doesn't matter if the team is whole, the Pack walked through the best of the NFC last year. I believe that we'd have one hell of a tougher road had we had to face Nawlins.
Go pound the Bears and the Falcons, they both need to understand who the powerhouses in the NFC are.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
Right on the map, I've been here most my life. Fight the storms pretty hard, gotta appreciate the winter since the summer is so terrible to us, but overall a nice place to live.

Seems to be a LOT of Packers fans down here. But I still can't seem to find a Packers bar near me.

Members online

Latest posts