Congrats

pantherd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great job helping us out by beating an NFC South foe and righting the ship somewhat in Cheez Town. Now if you will just beat Atlanta for us - then you'll be our best friends!

B-slapping the Saints was extraordinary. Your defense is starting to really look good. It is quickly becoming the strength of the team. Whoever thought we be saying that?

Carolina played like such crap against NO in week one and they stole a victory on a last second field goal. I forget how many turnovers we made.

Maybe this win will spring board your season though and allow you to get back to the top of the division. We'll do our best to return the favor this week againt the Joey and the Lowly Lions. It should be a cat fight! Pun intended.

The Williams sisters haven't seemed to be the dominant force at wideout that many expected. Rogers is gone with his drug suspension. And Kevin Jones is averaging less than 3 yards a carry and getting ready to face the number 3 ranked rush defense in the league. It isn't shaping up well for Detroit... and at any moment, Carolina is set to actually play like they are capable. So far it's been some Jeckel and Hyde thing.

None the less, congratulations on a HUGE win in more ways than one. First one's behind you, now go get another since the monkey's off the back.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks pantherd and please beat the crap out of Detroit. Be careful though..Kevin Jones is the real deal. Harrington blows!

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pantherd said:
Great job helping us out by beating an NFC South foe and righting the ship somewhat in Cheez Town. Now if you will just beat Atlanta for us - then you'll be our best friends!

......... and at any moment, Carolina is set to actually play like they are capable. So far it's been some Jeckel and Hyde thing.

And here I thought it was because you forgot to put the kryptonite back in the lead container.....

Thanks for the kudos!

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another point of the Bates defense: If you count only starters, you have 4-5 new faces playing in a new system.

I thought this defense would get better, but the left corner is still a sore thumb, though it's getting better.

Remember the old saw: if they can't score on you it's really hard to defeat you.

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, beat the Lions, and the Bears need to beat the vikes. I know I would definitely like to see the Pack back on top.

Bucfan219

Cheesehead
Reaction score
More congrats on the big win.

I'm sorry to see McCallister get injured, though.
Excellent RB.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pantherd said:

B-slapping the Saints was extraordinary. Your defense is starting to really look good. It is quickly becoming the strength of the team. Whoever thought we be saying that?

Carolina played like such crap against NO in week one and they stole a victory on a last second field goal. I forget how many turnovers we made.

Maybe this win will spring board your season though and allow you to get back to the top of the division. We'll do our best to return the favor this week againt the Joey and the Lowly Lions. It should be a cat fight! Pun intended.

The Williams sisters haven't seemed to be the dominant force at wideout that many expected. Rogers is gone with his drug suspension. And Kevin Jones is averaging less than 3 yards a carry and getting ready to face the number 3 ranked rush defense in the league. It isn't shaping up well for Detroit... and at any moment, Carolina is set to actually play like they are capable. So far it's been some Jeckel and Hyde thing.

None the less, congratulations on a HUGE win in more ways than one. First one's behind you, now go get another since the monkey's off the back.

Thanks Pantherd. We really put up a fight with you last Monday night didnt we? We tried, but we came out this week didnt we.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
carol k said:
Yes, beat the Lions, and the Bears need to beat the vikes. I know I would definitely like to see the Pack back on top.

yes thats one time to root the the bears I hate to say. Go Bears.

Yipes, What am I thinking here?

OP
OP
P

pantherd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
Thanks pantherd and please beat the crap out of Detroit. Be careful though..Kevin Jones is the real deal. Harrington blows!

We will try our best. In fact here are the RBs we've faced to date:

Deuce McAllister 26 carries 64 yards 2.5 per carry
Corey Dillon 14 carries 36 yards 2.6 per carry
Ronnie Brown 23 carries 132 yards 5.7 per carry (one blown assignment gave him 58 yard run... w/o = 74 yards on 22 carries 3.3 per carry - bastard)
Ahman Green 14 carries 36 yards 2.6 per carry (Davenport 4 for 10 2.5 avg)
Marcel Shipp 13 carries 22 yards 1.7 per carry (JJ Arrington 4 carries 14 yards 3.5 per carry)

I don't see Jones being any better (or the Detroit line) than NE and Dillon, NO and McAllister or GB and Green. I could be wrong... but passing teams have hurt us toward Manning and Gamble. Ken Lucas has shut his receiver down all year... he's the best daggum free agent I think we have ever signed. Detroit is... GOING DOWN BABY!!!!!

OP
OP
P

pantherd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
carol k said:

Wouldn't it be even better if they played to a 0-0 tie in a very ugly game? We could all hope. But if one must win, let it be da Bears.

Members online

Latest posts