Congrats to the G Men

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Nothing wrong w/confidence your team has earned it no doubt, but some have to remove those yellow colored glasses. I felt we could win, but I wasn't so close minded that i couldn't fathom any way the pack couldn't beat us. Seemed a lot of the pack fans thought we were crazy to even suggest a possible win.

Not ashamed to admit I felt the Pack could/would go 19-0 until the Chiefs game. I felt like that game took some of the air out of the balloon. The fear factor so to speak.

I felt the Packers could have repeated this year but the Giants were also IMO the toughest game they could have played in the NFC.

I never was scared of the Saints but they were always hyped to be the best. I always stuck up for the Niners.

I really did want to see SF at GB.

I think the Giants take it in SF but it won't be easy. SF will be jacked up for it. Giants D is a heck of a lot better up front then the Saints though so Alex Smith better be ready. And Eli better be ready for more pressure too and not so many easy third down conversions.

Don't even want to talk AFC at times. First seed opens with Tebow. The second seed opens with Yates. Shoot me now.

GiantsFan2012

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What a game. Man, the Packers are tough. Until that Jacobs TD I was not convinced it was over.

If any team can sympathize with a defending champ losing the next year in the divisional round, at home, off a bye, it's the Giants.

I was surprised to hear the Giants fans at the game. You could definitely hear "Cruuuuuuuz" after every catch. Did not expect that.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Giants fans. How do you feel about the Niners rematch?

I am fans of both Giants and the Packers........ 49ers is another rematch...... The Giants was down to last minute close to getting the tie..... It expect it to be a blow out!

Fazeman

Setting The Pace
Reaction score
Congratulation Giants fans! Your defense and special teams efforts did everything to thwart the Packers and your offense cleaned up on those turnovers. I could easily see it was our inability to fundamentally handle the football that helped carry the day for you guys. Great job! As for the Championship game, I like the 49ers. What can I say for their exciting win on Saturday and the storyline of Harbaugh's influence and Alex Smith and company's trials and tribulations through the years. That's one team that needs a "feel good" Super Bowl win.

As for us Packers fans, I reckon most of us will be off from work on Martin Luther King Jr.'s Birthday. That's good because it'll kinda create a time buffer as far as getting an ear load from our fellow co-workers. Ha ha. It's been a fun ride this year and our stock is soaring! Enjoyed chatting with you all and look forward to next season. 3-18, 3-18, hut hut.:)

WarGiants

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for the hospitality on these boards....great fans, great ppl

This was a hell of a game, I know its a tough pill for you guys to swallow...

In all honestly we know what that feeling feels like, we were in a similar predicament the year after our 07 SB win.

Good luck to GB in the future, Rodgers & Co are a very tough out. I'm sure we'll meet again soon enough...you guys def ain't going nowhere

Hopefully you guys snatch up a stud in the upcoming draft

Anyways, I'm outta here for the most part, (maybe I'll post here once in a while, I do like your forum...lol) so once again, thanks for the hospitality...

Later fellas! (And gals!)

gmansters77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey all just want to chime in and say thanks for all the positive comments in regards to the game. Most of you guys are true football fans and class acts. I do wish the game had been closer - it was clear the Pack rhythm was off for whatever reason. Clearly, Rodgers had pressure and that made some impact on his throws but there were too many dropped balls to open receivers that are just unacceptable. Consequently the officiating was terrible once again this match up. I was happy to get a win - but I do wish the win came against your team at its strongest - today was not their best. Haters are going to hate on the Giants. However there isnt a team left that we cant beat. We bELIeved the same to be true last week. Congrats to a good season though and we'll see the Pack again next season.

gmenfever42

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Giants fans. How do you feel about the Niners rematch?

I feel less confident about the 49'ers than I did the Pack to tell you the truth... We almost beat u guys 1/2 way through the season but got better while you went backwards imo. The 49'ers have only improved since the last time we played them and I think Alex Smith is a lot better than people are giving him credit for. Should be a TOUGH game and the 49'ers proved this weekend they can keep up score with the best of em so don't think outscoring is the best solution either especially with their incredible defense

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I feel less confident about the 49'ers than I did the Pack to tell you the truth... We almost beat u guys 1/2 way through the season but got better while you went backwards imo. The 49'ers have only improved since the last time we played them and I think Alex Smith is a lot better than people are giving him credit for. Should be a TOUGH game and the 49'ers proved this weekend they can keep up score with the best of em so don't think outscoring is the best solution either especially with their incredible defense

Defensive battle. Might come down to which QB can pull it out of his rear. Eli has done it more and has more experience but it's tough.

Giants 20 Niners 17. Something like that would not shock me.

I might favor the Niners more if the Ravens manage to win the early game. Then I will think HARBAUGH BOWL.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
You mean now we get Giants fans smacking on Niners fans on the Packers forum?

Bring it. Let's get some entertainment.

bigbluefan10

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know this is late but I just wanted to thank you all for your hospitality the past week...you guys are by far some of the classiest and most knowledgable fans I've met in a my short, 17 years of existence. It's all been said, but I think we can all agree the refs missed some calls, made some debatable calls, and despite the Packers seeming to be a bit "off," the Giants played a good game.

As tough as this game must be for you guys to accept you have a hell of a lot to be proud of not to mention to look forward to...15-1 and a probably league MVP QB...the team is young and I'm sure you guys will be contenders for years to come.

Let's go Giants!!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hey guys, thanks for allowing us to crash on the couch for a few days, i think most of us will move on to the niners forums. its been a hoot.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Which scum sucking Giant :poop: is that mocking Aaron and putting on the belt?
He doesn't deserve it. He is an uncreative hack for being unoriginal.
I hope every team beats the Giants from now on.
I used to like them but that just pushes my buttons when someone makes fun and mocks someone else. Low class.
Screw the Giants. May they lose every game from now on.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am a long-time die-hard Green Bay Packers fan and even I have to admit that the Packers would have MAYBE come away with a field goal if not for bad calls by the refs. Now, if the receivers would have pulled their heads out and caught some damned passes and Rodgers made a few better throws, it would have been a much different story. Gregg fumbled and there was no Roughing the Passer on Rodgers. Plain and simple. Just bullschit calls by the refs that happened to lead to great plays later on by the Packers. It is truth.
Any calls against the other team are good calls.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Congratulations to the Giants. Giants came to play and the Packers didn't. It's that simple.

I was shocked at the way this game went, not that the Giants won but that Green Bay played so poorly....on offense. The Packers handled the Giant pass rush fairly well, but good god, the drops and the fumbles were the story of the game for the Packers. That and giving up a hail mary to Nicks after Bradshaw rips off a 25 yard run after MM called the stupidest time out of the whole season.

The number of mental mistakes and timing mistakes by the Packers was just unbelievable.

The Giants did what they had to do and they did it more than well enough. Packers never gave themselves a chance to actually do something in this game. Giants executed. We didn't.

Once again, congrats Giants.

LionsFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GG G Men. Im rooting for you through the rest of the stretch. Even though Harbaugh was a great Michigan Wolverine QB, and is a native to the Detroit area....I cant stand the *****. Whoop the 49ers.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Congrats to the G-man and their fans. Your team played well and deserved the win. Even with several, imo, bad ref calls going against your team, they still notched the W. Good luck the rest of the way.

On the Packer side, am very disappointed. I never get down when the team plays well and is defeated. But... 8 drops and three (really, four) fumbles? Most of those drops had little to do with the defenders-- rather, just a loss of concentration on the Packer part. And all of the fumbles, except for Rodgers perhaps, were not due to a bone-crushing blows. It just just running into a routine/solid tackler and not protecting the ball. In both (non-Rodgers) cases, Grant and Kuhn only had one hand on the ball, despite seeing the tackler coming and knowing a hit is about to occur. Inexcusable.

In summary, the defense played it's usual horrible level. No surprises here. They suck. Only player that showed up, as usual was Matthews. A few spotty good efforts by a few others, but otherwise unremarkable. A key moment for me was watching Hawk, our MILB, get knocked over by a Giant wide receiver who merely stuck his arm out. The Giant (Manningham?) was already blocking another Packer and saw Hawk run around towards the ball carrier. He stuck out his arm and knocked Hawk completely off his feet. Wow. Packers defenders had a cinderella season in 2010-- that is becoming clear. 2009 and 2011 are probably actually reflective of their skill level. (and maybe of our defense coaching staff?)

But, the offense really played uncharacteristically sloppy. This is not meant to slight the Giants-- they played well and did what they had to to disrupt the Packers game and earn the win. But, in my opinion, the Giant D-line was not the key factor on doing this- as many thought would occur. The defensive backs surprisingly played very well (Aaron had plenty of time all game long-- but simply did not have open targets) and our receivers played like crap when they did get open. Too bad for GB. I really thought this was going to be an even battle to the end (most of us did). Never expected our "playmakers" (except Rodgers, who played well) to simply not show up.

Oh, well. Into a long off season. Dang. I hate the off season.

Texas9erFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No divided loyalties now. It's all NINERS all the way to the SUPERBOWL!

We'll avenge the Pack's loss with a stomping of NY at the 'Stick.

GiantsFan2012

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ty for the kind words PFanCan

as for this 9ers fan...The Revenge Tour continues. You're up next.

NY06

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Which scum sucking Giant :poop: is that mocking Aaron and putting on the belt?
He doesn't deserve it. He is an uncreative hack for being unoriginal.
I hope every team beats the Giants from now on.
I used to like them but that just pushes my buttons when someone makes fun and mocks someone else. Low class.
Screw the Giants. May they lose every game from now on.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
Great game by the Giants... They played great! They won the game outright... Good luck to the remaining teams! I still love my Green Bay Packers!

Scott Ruplin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll add my congrats to the G Men and their fans. I am confident that the Packer's D line and secondary will tighten up over the offseason, as bloody long a time as that's going to seem to me. Since I am ever loyal to the NFC, I will just say that whomever wins the Giants-49ers game had better whomp on Brady and his crew (or, possibly, Flacco and crew - but that does not have the same ring to it)!!

Members online

Latest posts