Congrats to John Schneider

D

Deleted member 6794

I said roster. I didn't say just defense. I'm talking entire team. There's zero doubt in my mind that every GM in the NFL would swap the Packers over Seattle.

Cause you´re such a homer you have lost every bit of sense of reality you maybe had at one point.

All of a sudden they have one or two key guys go down on defense, and they're the Jacksonville Jaguars.

:roflmao: That has to be the worst quote in the history of this message board. This is far beyond being ridiculous.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cause you´re such a homer you have lost every bit of sense of reality you maybe had at one point.

:roflmao: That has to be the worst quote in the history of this message board. This is far beyond being ridiculous.

Whatever... you are a complete clown as others have pointed out. It really does zero good to even debate with you.

Like I said before, your point of reference regarding these kinds of football debates speaks volumes. You have NO CLUE what "bad" football for your team feels like and it's clear with almost every one of your posts.

It was hilarious how I found and posted all of the "brilliant" posts from last year that turned out to be so wrong it's not even funny and I am sooooooooooo looking forward to doing the same next year at this time. That's the only way people like you ever get to a point to understand... you really don't have a clue....sooo...just keep on writing there little fella!

D

Deleted member 6794

Whatever... you are a complete clown as others have pointed out. It really does zero good to even debate with you.

It was hilarious how I found and posted all of the "brilliant" posts from last year that turned out to be so wrong it's not even funny and I am sooooooooooo looking forward to doing the same next year at this time. That's the only way people like you ever get to a point to understand... you really don't have a clue....sooo...just keep on writing there little fella!

I think it's really brave calling someone else a clown after you suggested a defense that was able to hold the highest scoring offense in NFL history to eight points while forcing four turnovers only three days ago would look like the Jaguars if they lose one or two key players (BTW maybe I missed it, but I didn't see Brandon Browner out there the last couple of weeks).

Furthermore it's great that you tap yourself on the shoulder because you found some posts from a year ago in which people were wrong about some predictions while you didn't post here last year (that being the only way you don't look like the fool you obviously are).

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that the Packers offense is one of the best in the entire league. Our defense on the other hand is one of the worst in the NFL. Pretty sure that´s not a Super Bowl winning formula.
OBVIOUSLY.
2010 defense was pretty good with Nick Collins, Woodson still good, and Cullen Jenkins.

Beebe82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I said roster. I didn't say just defense. I'm talking entire team. There's zero doubt in my mind that every GM in the NFL would swap the Packers over Seattle.

You know what this Seattle team reminds me of? The Bears teams of years past when they had great defenses and little offense. All of a sudden they have one or two key guys go down on defense, and they're the Jacksonville Jaguars. Like I said, the stars aligned for that team this year.

I don't even know what to say about this, the Packer's defensive talent is in the lower 3rd of the league, Clay Matthews is the only reason they aren't in the bottom 5 (Shields, Tramon, Pickett and Daniels are at least average to above average). There may be a few teams (Jags, Raiders, Redskins) who would swap entire rosters but the there is no way Trent Balkke looks at our defensive talent and says "The right move is to hitch my wagon to that plummeting meteor. I'd rather count on Brad Jones instead of Patrick Willis and M.D. Jennings instead of Eric Reid."

Give me a break, I love the Packers too, but open your eyes, their defensive roster is not any where near elite status.

Last edited:

Forderick

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You know what this Seattle team reminds me of? The Bears teams of years past when they had great defenses and little offense. All of a sudden they have one or two key guys go down on defense, and they're the Jacksonville Jaguars. Like I said, the stars aligned for that team this year.

I didn't think anyone could be this dumb.

Seattle's offence isn't explosive or going to ever do what the packers offence can do, but they can run and chew the clock. Seattle has one of the most complete teams in the NFL. And their defence is arguably one of the best ever to play.

they didn't just stop the highest scoring teams in NFL history, they embarrassed them. When has the packers D done that?

I love the packers offence, but I know i would trade rosters with the Seahawks because their special teams and defence are that good. Their offence is good, not great, nor will they break records but they do enough to win. And when your defence shuts down one of the best offences ever seen, I will take that over a great offence any day.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our defense is ranked around 24ish in both scoring and yardage. Thats about the way it looked to me. I disagree with the thought that is bereft of talent. Clay, of course, would start on every team. Our CBs are very impressive. Beyond that, not so much. But we have young guys that may still develop - Jones and Perry mostly. But this time last year, what Packer fan was expecting Daniels to step up like he did?

Last edited:

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't even know what to say about this, the Packer's defensive talent is in the lower 3rd of the league, Clay Matthews is the only reason they aren't in the bottom 5 (Shields, Tramon, Pickett and Daniels are at least average to above average). There may be a few teams (Jags, Raiders, Redskins) who would swap entire rosters but the there is no way Trent Balkke looks at our defensive talent and says "The right move is to hitch my wagon to that plummeting meteor. I'd rather count on Brad Jones instead of Patrick Willis and M.D. Jennings instead of Eric Reid."

Give me a break, I love the Packers too, but open your eyes, their defensive roster is not any where near elite status.

I never said they were any where near elite. They're not and I said many times I have tons of issues with that side of the ball. I have no clue how you came up with that.

...but ...plummeting meteor? That's just sad really. How quickly you forget that to start the year this year, the defense was playing pretty well before player after players started going down. That's just a fact. We have no clue what might have happened if we stayed healthy but I the fact is, by season's end we were a fraction of who we were to start the season. So, to sit here and pop off about how pathetic the defense was this year is misleading without considering injuries.

2. You don't know me from Adam... but I'm the last guy that's known as a "homer". I watched Russel Wilson play damn near every game he played at Wisconsin and many games this season. Said it many times...love the kid.... but give-me-a-break. Anyone that thinks he's even close to being a consistent top tier QB in the NFL hasn't watched him very closely. Wilson for Rodgers ALONE is probably enough for me to take the Packers roster! Now throw in the fact that the Pack is better at every skill position but TE AND are younger across the board?

Bagadeez04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's also be honest that their draft success is a lot of luck too. You can call him shrewd all you want. But to hit on so many mid- and late-round picks, plus undrafted guys, in such a short time frame is lucky. Credit to him for taking the right guy, but to hit at this rate is not something you can bank on and is lucky.

U might be right there, but I think a big part of the equation for them is that their guys seem much more resiliant to injury which means they develop properly, and their activity in free agency gives their young guys some time if need be.

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny point by Lombardiave.com. Here's how to copy the Seahawks' key to having such a great defense:

CHAMPIONSHIP DEFENSE RECIPE Ingredients List:
  • Chris Clemons - signed as an undrafted free agent in 2003 by the Redskins. Released. Picked up by Browns. Released. Picked up by Redskins. Released. Picked up by Raiders. Released. Picked up by Eagles. TRADED. Picked up by Seahawks. Super Bowl Champion. The Eagles traded Clemons to the Seahawks WITH a fourth round pick in exchange for … Darryl Tapp? Huh? Who?
  1. Find a player who has been passed around without anyone recognizing his true talent.
  2. Acquire said player through a salary cap friendly TRADE.
  3. Manipulate former team into giving you said player WITH a complementary draft pick in exchange for a nobody.
  4. Win a Super Bowl.

• Michael Bennett - undrafted free agent, signed to the Seahawks in 2009. Salary in 2013? $3 million.
  1. Find a player in the undrafted free agent BARGAIN BIN.
  2. Give him a starting job and let him prove his enormous worth inside of his rookie contract.
  3. Sign him to a low-calorie contract extension.
  4. Win a Super Bowl.
  • Cliff Avril - selected by the Lions in the third round in 2008. Excelled at DE, denied a contract extension in Detroit and played out his contract in 2012. Signed by the Seahawks to a 2-year/$13 million contract.
  1. Attract the attention of a high profile defensive player.
  2. Lure him away from his former team under the promise of a short, lucrative contract.
  3. Give him the ability to show his worth before his 30th birthday, to test free agency again for BIG MONEY.
  4. Win a Super Bowl.
  1. Throw the dice and draft a late round 6-3 MONSTER for your secondary.
  2. Give him and his buddies a cool and intimidating nickname.
  3. Literally pay him nothing while he makes you a Super Bowl Championship defense.
  1. Be so terrible during the 2011 season that you draft 15th overall in the 2012 NFL Draft.
  2. Go after the top prospect at his position.
  3. Literally pay him nothing while he wins you a Super Bowl.
  1. Hit the lottery on a 195-pound, 6-3 cornerback with physicality that is unmatched.

2. … IN THE FIFTH ROUND OF THE NFL DRAFT.

3. Pay him under $500,000 a year while he’s sizing his Super Bowl ring.
  • Malcolm Smith - drafted in the seventh round of the 2011 NFL Draft
  1. STRIKE GOLD in the VERY LAST ROUND of the NFL draft.
  2. Pay him in gum, basically.
  3. Watch as he becomes the Super Bowl MVP.
  4. Send him to Disney World.
  • Earl Thomas - drafted in the first round in 2010 (14th overall)
  1. Be so terrible that you pick 14th overall in the draft.
  2. Draft a NUMBER ONE safety prospect with talent enormously regarded.
  3. Teach him NOTHING, as he already possesses the instincts to FLY and HIT viciously … while ball-hawking.
  4. Win a Super Bowl.
  1. Luck, luck, luck
  2. Luck, and more luck …
  3. … in later rounds.
  4. Win a Super Bowl.
  1. This is getting concerning.
  2. How did they HIT on EVERY SINGLE draft prospect?
  3. And are STILL not paying them anything, as they are all within their ROOKIE CONTRACTS?!?
  4. Super Bowl.
So, there you have it. It’s easy as pie. We’re just going to go out and follow this exact same blueprint and make us a championship-caliber defense in no time!

Just have to … pick rock stars in rounds 4-7 and … have them be immediate contributors … and spend no money on them until after we have four good Super Bowl runs out of them … and …. ……. ……… oh, who are we kidding?

You said it, Rodg.

Might be a tad unrealistic.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seattle seems to target athleticism and speed above all else. Also, during the Super Bowl, Irvin played most snaps at DE instead of at LB where they played him most of the year so he may be moving back as he wasn't all that great at LB.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny point by Lombardiave.com. Here's how to copy the Seahawks' key to having such a great defense:

CHAMPIONSHIP DEFENSE RECIPE Ingredients List:
  • Chris Clemons - signed as an undrafted free agent in 2003 by the Redskins. Released. Picked up by Browns. Released. Picked up by Redskins. Released. Picked up by Raiders. Released. Picked up by Eagles. TRADED. Picked up by Seahawks. Super Bowl Champion. The Eagles traded Clemons to the Seahawks WITH a fourth round pick in exchange for … Darryl Tapp? Huh? Who?
  1. Find a player who has been passed around without anyone recognizing his true talent.
  2. Acquire said player through a salary cap friendly TRADE.
  3. Manipulate former team into giving you said player WITH a complementary draft pick in exchange for a nobody.
  4. Win a Super Bowl.
  • Michael Bennett - undrafted free agent, signed to the Seahawks in 2009. Salary in 2013? $3 million.
  1. Find a player in the undrafted free agent BARGAIN BIN.
  2. Give him a starting job and let him prove his enormous worth inside of his rookie contract.
  3. Sign him to a low-calorie contract extension.
  4. Win a Super Bowl.
  • Cliff Avril - selected by the Lions in the third round in 2008. Excelled at DE, denied a contract extension in Detroit and played out his contract in 2012. Signed by the Seahawks to a 2-year/$13 million contract.
  1. Attract the attention of a high profile defensive player.
  2. Lure him away from his former team under the promise of a short, lucrative contract.
  3. Give him the ability to show his worth before his 30th birthday, to test free agency again for BIG MONEY.
  4. Win a Super Bowl.
  1. Throw the dice and draft a late round 6-3 MONSTER for your secondary.
  2. Give him and his buddies a cool and intimidating nickname.
  3. Literally pay him nothing while he makes you a Super Bowl Championship defense.
  1. Be so terrible during the 2011 season that you draft 15th overall in the 2012 NFL Draft.
  2. Go after the top prospect at his position.
  3. Literally pay him nothing while he wins you a Super Bowl.
  1. Hit the lottery on a 195-pound, 6-3 cornerback with physicality that is unmatched.

2. … IN THE FIFTH ROUND OF THE NFL DRAFT.
  3. Pay him under $500,000 a year while he’s sizing his Super Bowl ring.
  • Malcolm Smith - drafted in the seventh round of the 2011 NFL Draft
  1. STRIKE GOLD in the VERY LAST ROUND of the NFL draft.
  2. Pay him in gum, basically.
  3. Watch as he becomes the Super Bowl MVP.
  4. Send him to Disney World.
  • Earl Thomas - drafted in the first round in 2010 (14th overall)
  1. Be so terrible that you pick 14th overall in the draft.
  2. Draft a NUMBER ONE safety prospect with talent enormously regarded.
  3. Teach him NOTHING, as he already possesses the instincts to FLY and HIT viciously … while ball-hawking.
  4. Win a Super Bowl.
  1. Luck, luck, luck
  2. Luck, and more luck …
  3. … in later rounds.
  4. Win a Super Bowl.
  1. This is getting concerning.
  2. How did they HIT on EVERY SINGLE draft prospect?
  3. And are STILL not paying them anything, as they are all within their ROOKIE CONTRACTS?!?
  4. Super Bowl.
So, there you have it. It’s easy as pie. We’re just going to go out and follow this exact same blueprint and make us a championship-caliber defense in no time!

Just have to … pick rock stars in rounds 4-7 and … have them be immediate contributors … and spend no money on them until after we have four good Super Bowl runs out of them … and …. ……. ……… oh, who are we kidding?

You said it, Rodg.

Might be a tad unrealistic
So basically, draft well.
And add a few key READY pieces like Harvin and the 2 talented DL guys this off-season?

OK Teddy. Let's see what happens between now and May's DRAFT....

Forderick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Border, well DUH when you hit on a ton of your draft picks good things happen. Gee, I wonder why the packers haven't fared so well the last 3 years come playoff time? Because their drafts have not produce very much talent. Or with the few picks they had work out, they get hurt.

Seattle had a plan, and executed it and it has now paid off big time. they will pay Russell Wilson in 2 years, but they are still young and have at least 2 years left of a strong team.

When they hit on a ton of picks, it all can't be luck. they knew the team they wanted to build and went out and did it. Signed some free agents to help out and made a trade that paid off in the Super Bowl.

Of course they likely won't keep this up forever, its tough to win the super bowl but it is even tougher to repeat as champs, but this seattle team could do it. They are that good.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you guys know Schneider used to collect football cards, with Ron Wolf, and they would often trade cards, build their "teams"......
Loo, Schneider seems to have an eye for talent.

He's out-slugged Teddy H2H in their 1st round picks the past whatever years JS has been there in Seattle. See Earl Thomas, Russell Okung, etc.

He's out-slugged Teddy H2H in the mid and late picks. See Sherman, Russell Wilson, Kam Chancellor, etc.

He's totally out-slugged Teddy H2H in free agency and trades. See Marshawn Lynch, Cliff Avril, Bennett, Harvin in the Super Bowl.

The health is mostly luck.
But the depth and talent are not.

Should we have found a way to keep Schneider, even if that meant him instead of Teddy?
He's like 20-25 years younger too.
Just like Teddy prefers youth over experience, should we have given Teddy a dose of his own medicine when it came down to losing Schneider or Teddy?

Of course not because we won a Super Bowl and we still have Rodgers.

Good article here:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-thompson-learn-from-the-protg-john-schneider

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you guys know Schneider used to collect football cards, with Ron Wolf, and they would often trade cards, build their "teams"......
Loo, Schneider seems to have an eye for talent.

He's out-slugged Teddy H2H in their 1st round picks the past whatever years JS has been there in Seattle. See Earl Thomas, Russell Okung, etc.

He's out-slugged Teddy H2H in the mid and late picks. See Sherman, Russell Wilson, Kam Chancellor, etc.

He's totally out-slugged Teddy H2H in free agency and trades. See Marshawn Lynch, Cliff Avril, Bennett, Harvin in the Super Bowl.

The health is mostly luck.
But the depth and talent are not.

Should we have found a way to keep Schneider, even if that meant him instead of Teddy?
He's like 20-25 years younger too.
Just like Teddy prefers youth over experience, should we have given Teddy a dose of his own medicine when it came down to losing Schneider or Teddy?

Of course not because we won a Super Bowl and we still have Rodgers.

Good article here:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-thompson-learn-from-the-protg-john-schneider
Why does Schneider get a free pass for all of his mistakes?

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why does Schneider get a free pass for all of his mistakes?

...because they just won the SB. Wilson is an all pro. defense wins championships. ...and Schneider is the best GM ever!
......until next year ...then next years SB winner will have the best QB, the offense will win championships and THAT GM will be the best ever!!!

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Marshawn Lynch Super Bowl:
15 carries-39 yards.

And they still won in an embarrassing blowout.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Marshawn Lynch Super Bowl:
15 carries-39 yards.

And they still won in an embarrassing blowout.
Agreed. Johnny Boy's big FA signing a few years ago and he whiffed badly. No help in the SB. What a joke of a GM is Schneider. But mention his shortcomings and the 'Schneider can do no wrong crowd' will jump all over you.'

When Johnny boy gets fired, I wonder if he is going to crawl back to TT and beg to be a towel boy or something.

Last edited:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
It's tough being a Packer right now. I hope they schedule the Seahawk's in Seattle opening day?. I want too see my hone team be a winner again. It's a plea for help. Aaron can you bring us back? Love you Aaron and I love my PACKERS! It hurts! Him and Eddy can ground out 200 I think. After thinking, our roster isn't that bad other then safety position.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
These are the boy's I love. I LOVE. I LOVE> I LOVE

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd love to get the Seattle game in the opener, but don't you think the NFL will schedule the Denver @ Seattle game as their Thursday Night Kickoff game?

Members online

Latest posts