Congrats to Holmgren!

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
just wanted to give a shout out to Mike Holmgren & his hawks - good to see him succeeding once again in a playoff game!! many were speculating that without a win yesterday, he'd have been fired. glad he's got a great team & i hope they go to the bowl!! :D

eastcoastpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm with you 4pack! I hope to see him go all the way and win the Super Bowl!! I always liked Mike and will root for him,until he plays the Packers.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
rabidgopher04 said:
Zero2Cool said:
i'd rather see him lose

Me too. I felt he left the Packers in a sour, greedy way and I always cheer against the Seahawks.

if it comes down to hawks vs bears for sb ... ill say hawks in hopes to see the afc thoroughly embarrass him .. like 76 - 0 score or something

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
4packgirl said:
Zero2Cool said:
i'd rather see him lose
awww...sour grapes, z2c?!? well, i was upset with holmy for awhile but got over it eventually. :lol:

I'm thankful for the championship he brought to GB.
I'm not thankful for how he bailed out on the team and city for power. He could have had his wish of GM/HC if he stayed in GB a couple more years.

I'm not upset with him at all. He did what he thought was best for him. He's the type of person I simply can not root for to win a championship. That's not sour grapes. The man chose power instead of loyalty, is that what you root for?

OP
OP

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yikes! beer here for z2c!! :mug: ahhh...feel better now? :wink:

now back to holmy...yes, maybe he was a bit "power hungry" but he knew what he wanted & went to seattle to get it. in the end, GB did do the GM/HC dance with shermy & we all know how well that turned out. seems to me that a little of the blame can also be turned right back to the Packers organization for not having the "vision" to do the GM/HC combo to keep holmy around for a few more years. loyalty is a two way street.

ok, let's have another zero... :pals: ahhh...i feel better too!! :wink: :wink:

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yes..4PackGirl..

EXACTLY!

I blame Wolf and Harlan for pushing Holmgren out the door....

Wolf's huge ego wouldn't let Holmgren be GM..even though he left..what..a year or two later?

OP
OP

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Yes..4PackGirl..

EXACTLY!

I blame Wolf and Harlan for pushing Holmgren out the door....

Wolf's huge ego wouldn't let Holmgren be GM..even though he left..what..a year or two later?

whoa - be still my beating heart - we agree on something else, 66??? this has gotta be a record!!! :wink: :lol:

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
4packgirl said:
yikes! beer here for z2c!! :mug: ahhh...feel better now? :wink:

now back to holmy...yes, maybe he was a bit "power hungry" but he knew what he wanted & went to seattle to get it. in the end, GB did do the GM/HC dance with shermy & we all know how well that turned out. seems to me that a little of the blame can also be turned right back to the Packers organization for not having the "vision" to do the GM/HC combo to keep holmy around for a few more years. loyalty is a two way street.

ok, let's have another zero... :pals: ahhh...i feel better too!! :wink: :wink:

Look what happened when they did use the HC/GM combo. Didn't work out did it? :p

I guess the point I'm poorly making is too poorly explained for you to thoroughly understand. Oh well. I know what I mean and its not as it appears. Oh well.

Go PANTHERS!!
Go STEELERES!!

Then
Go STEELERES!!!

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm still bitter about the way Holmgren left the Packers. I want him to lose, lose, lose!

Anyway, I wouldn't count Holmgren's chickens before they've hatched. In his seventh year (seventh!) of coaching the Seahawks, he has finally won his first playoff game, after his team fattened up all season on a soft schedule. Now they play Carolina, who could be great or could be awful. If the awful Carolina team shows up, Holmgren will get to the Super Bowl against a solid AFC team, whether it's Denver or Pittsburgh. That will be the REAL test. Not until Holmgren wins it all will I grudgingly give his team some credit.

Members online

Latest posts