Concerns

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So K. Allen is out and Pickett doubtful for the Eagles game. I hope that Cole, Jenkins, Jolly and Williams can rotate enough to be effective stopping the run and pressuring the pass. Kampman is also questionable with a minor concussion suffered from the DET game. Not having our interior DL healthy will trickle into more pressure on LB's and DB's. Not that we had enough on our plate handling the Eagles but this really places another level of pressure on the D to play perfect mistake free D. We sure could use some turnovers to aid the offense if we are to win this game.
Spitz on O is getting healthier but still is questionable and Conston has been activated as well. Has anyone heard the progress of Tony Palmer(the Piano)? Reading up on the FB just activated, it is good news that he has the most experience with zoneblocking coming from DEN. Sounds like we may try running more. We cannot afford fumbles though. It will be bad news I believe if we give up a big early lead to PHI. They will be tough enough!

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a lot of concerns about this game as well. In fact, I have a very bad feeling about it. I could easily imagine the Eagles torching the Packers. I just don't have any faith in this defense yet. If the Packers are going to win, I think they will need to win it in a shootout. My big hope is that this is the week where the running game finally begins to show some signs of life.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Westbrook is more of a corner back. So I'm not that worried coming into this game. Losing Pickett really hurts though but I think we can work around it. If Green Bay can contain the edges they should do find against Westbrook like they did against Reggie Bush.

AJ Hawk, KGB, and Aaron Kampman need to not let Westbrook hit the corner. So far I've been very impressed with that part of AJ Hawk's game. He gets there and he finshes the play very fast. That's what you need to do to players like a Brian Westbrook or Reggie Bush.

OP
OP
C

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would think we do not want to get into a shootout. The best way to win this one will be to keep their Offense off the field. Hopefully we can get the run going and/or long time consuming drives i.e. 4 yard pass plays. We need to have their D worn out in the 4th and their O taking chances to get back in to the game.
I can dream can't I? I will not be devestated if we lose this game, but I will ecstatic if we win.
Go pack go.

1960worldchampions

Cheesehead
Reaction score
calicheesehead said:
I would think we do not want to get into a shootout. The best way to win this one will be to keep their Offense off the field. Hopefully we can get the run going and/or long time consuming drives i.e. 4 yard pass plays. We need to have their D worn out in the 4th and their O taking chances to get back in to the game.
I can dream can't I? I will not be devestated if we lose this game, but I will ecstatic if we win.
Go pack go.

CCH:

How right you are...

Our CB group and WIL LB situation are our D "weak" links at this time and Favre has the ability and experience to exploit... I do not think that AGreen will be able to gain his normal output against us this time as our run defense has been the best that I have seen vs. the past three years. #4 will have to throw 40 - 50 passes and it will be difficult to chew up the clock and keep our O off the field.

If a shootout does occur, I think Philly has an advantage as they have the O line and skill players to take advantage of the depleted and young Packer D.

If turnovers and ST advantages bounce the Pack way, there may be a chance. If not - Philly should win by at least 10.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
my concern each & every week will be protection for favre.

i can't tell you how many fans of OTHER teams have said how worried they are that favre is gonna get hurt this season. they're not being smarta$$es either - we're talking genuine concern here.

they don't want brett going out that way & obviously - neither do i!!

Members online

Latest posts