Coming to Green Bay

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RICKY RULING COMING

Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that Commissioner Roger Goodell is expected to announce within the next week whether Dolphins running back Ricky Williams will be reinstated after a one-year suspension.

If Williams is reinstated, his days with the Dolphins could still be over. As Schefter points out, the Fins have spent a third-round pick on running back Lorenzo Booker -- and have also given Williams' locker to him.

New Miami coach Cam Cameron has had little to say about Williams, who still owes the team more than $8.3 million as a result of his abrupt retirement in 2004. And Cameron has not had any communications with the player for whom the franchise gave up two first-round draft picks.

The more important figure with the Fins in this regard could be G.M. Randy Mueller, who was in the same position with the Saints in 2001 when the team selected a sliding Deuce McAllister to replace Williams, a mere two years after Mike Ditka made one of the worst trades this side of Herschel Walker in order to get Ricky in the 1999 draft. If Mueller wasn't sold on Williams six years ago, there is even less of a reason for Mueller to embrace him now.

With all that said, we wouldn't be surprised at all if the Fins trade him. Ricky's contract carries a very reasonable salary for 2007, and the Green Bay Packers have a clear need at the tailback position. Maybe in the end the Packers, Chiefs, and Fins will work out a . . . we're not sure how to pronounce it, but we think it's "menage-a-trade," in which Ricky heads to Green Bay, the Pack sends a fourth-round pick to the Chiefs, and quarterback Trent Green lands in Miami.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is one case where I'll be upset if TTT DOES bring him in.

Why?

Ricky Williams is washed up.

He's a name now, and nothing more.

Go look at his CFL numbers. You would think an NFL star would dominate the CFL, right?

If Ahman Green was over the hill, why on Earth would we bring in this guy?

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed with net. TT and MM are building this team with players who love the game - Ricky's only coming back to pay off debts. I'd actually rather keep the pick.

Oannes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If TT makes this move he's caving to some perceived pressure to just "do something". The thing that scares me is that we could probably get him pretty cheap and that has to have TT's antenna up.

I agree with those who find Ricky Williams washed up. He's one of the oddest people ever to don a football helmet. I hope he never puts one on that has a big "G" on the side.

If word is Brett doesn't want him look for TT to add him to the roster. I do think there's an issue between those two and I think TT would enjoy ******** with him.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just don't see Ted even considering bringing this guy in. He would not overlook Ricky's shakey mental makeup nor his past history of using an illegal drug.
Ted drafted a running back and has said that he is happy with the running backs already on the roster.
I certainly would not like Ricky in Green and Gold.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Why?

Go look at his CFL numbers. You would think an NFL star would dominate the CFL, right?

The CFL is a much different game than the NFL. I saw Ricky play a couple of times last year and he still looked fast and powerful but he's not a CFL type back. CFL backs are small, quick and shifty. They're not the kind of backs, like Ricky, that need to get the ball 25 times a game (which almost never happens in the CFL) to rack up yardage.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

Why?

I agree. Don't bring Ricky here, especially for a draft pick.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
I just don't see Ted even considering bringing this guy in. He would not overlook Ricky's shakey mental makeup nor his past history of using an illegal drug.
Ted drafted a running back and has said that he is happy with the running backs already on the roster.

One word.. KROB.

A fourth for Ricky would be too much, but why not bring him in for a look see if it costs us like a 7th or no draft pick compensation. If we can sign him to the vet min for one year and cut him at the first sight of trouble. BUT I SAY THIS CUZ IT WON"T EVER HAPPEN.

Ponder why Favre and Ted might have issues... yep could see it :)

OP
OP
B

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Noah Herron < Ricky Williams

I watched Ricky in the CFL as well and he still looked pretty sharp though he didn't rack up yards. I agree on the point that the CFL is a different kind of league than the NFL concerning RBs.

And why would I prefer Ricky over Ahman? Ricky's not gonna cost us 7 millions, he has a very cap friendly contract.

I don't think he's washed up either, he hasn't absorbed a lot of hits in his career and he's a beast physically, which he still is. He's got a combination of speed and strength I've never seen before 'nor after him.

Also he wasn't suspended from the league for mary jane, it was something other which probably derives from his interest in holistic medicine. He's worth a shot, if he doesn't work out a 4th isn't much to sacrifice, if he works out it would be big.

Wouldn't it be great to have a back that has proven he can do it in our backfield together with Morency and Jackson. I wouldn't move an eyebrow to cut Noah Herron, those guys grow on trees.

OP
OP
B

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is no issue between Favre and Thompson, Oannes and Pyle always talk about fact, well that is pure speculation and there is nothing to it, you think Favre would return if he had an issue with the GM?

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is no issue between Favre and Thompson, Oannes and Pyle always talk about fact, well that is pure speculation and there is nothing to it, you think Favre would return if he had an issue with the GM?

I'm a huge fan of Brett Favre but an even bigger fan of the Packers and I can think of around 12 million reasons why Favre would return to play football...

Save the "he plays for the love of the game" yada, yada, yada replies. I know that he plays because he loves the game but he probably likes the paychecks too.

Pack93z

Reaction score
Wouldn't it be great to have a back that has proven he can do it in our backfield together with Morency and Jackson. I wouldn't move an eyebrow to cut Noah Herron, those guys grow on trees.

Don't say that too loud around here... RB are the easiest position to replace and you don't need experience in the backfield. At least that seems to be many opinion.

Hmmm didn't Ted say two years ago that Guards were easy to replace? 4 draft picks and countless street and FA later.. wonder if he feels the same?

Pack93z

Reaction score

"there is nothing to it"

Fact?

OP
OP
B

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
there is nothing substantial to prove there is an issue, so the fact is there isn't one.

The burden of proof is on you, not me.

Pack93z

Reaction score
No burden on me... I am just speculating as I thought was clear... as are you... unless your Brett or Ted :)

For the record... whom cares :)

OP
OP
B

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not speculating, the fact is there is no issue between Thompson and Favre, the speculation is that there is one.

Pack93z

Reaction score
As much as I would like to debate this topic in which there is no concrete evidence to support either claim nor is the topic on trial in Packer Court...

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
As much as I would like to debate this topic in which there is no concrete evidence to support either claim nor is the topic on trial in Packer Court...

this post suggests you do give a damn otherwise you wouldn't have mentioned it
yooperfan said:

One word.. KROB.

A fourth for Ricky would be too much, but why not bring him in for a look see if it costs us like a 7th or no draft pick compensation. If we can sign him to the vet min for one year and cut him at the first sight of trouble. BUT I SAY THIS CUZ IT WON"T EVER HAPPEN.

OP
OP
B

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't seen or heard any reports saying that. They must have been joking.

Pack93z

Reaction score
Pack93z said:

this post suggests you do give a damn otherwise you wouldn't have mentioned it
yooperfan said:

One word.. KROB.

Actually responding to ... hence the ponder as "my thought" :)

If word is Brett doesn't want him look for TT to add him to the roster. I do think there's an issue between those two and I think TT would enjoy ******** with him.

Pack93z

Reaction score
I just heard on ESPN radio that RW tested positive for the bud yet again.
Far out.

LOL... Way to clean up your life there Ricky... hmmm so much for reinstatement :)

Members online

Latest posts