Come here for Help, Questions and Answers on Green Bay

scotscheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'm just wondering

as i stated in a previous post of mine, i am hoping to visit GB if not mext yr then the yr after. obviously being in the Uk planning will have to be done as far ahead as possible for flight accomadation and tickets etc..

how far ahead are schedules revealed and then how far ahead can i buy tickets? and how readily available are tickets?

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

i'm just wondering

as i stated in a previous post of mine, i am hoping to visit GB if not mext yr then the yr after. obviously being in the Uk planning will have to be done as far ahead as possible for flight accomadation and tickets etc..

how far ahead are schedules revealed and then how far ahead can i buy tickets? and how readily available are tickets?

Tickets will always be available. I bought mine online from an agency, the trouble being they weren`t that cheap. Worth it though. I didn`t want to take ANY chances getting in.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
i'm just wondering

Schedule is typically released in Spring a few weeks before the draft. A few games of national interest leak out a few days in advance, as well as the London games. Your best option would then be to book with some tour group that would also take care of lodging.

cmrowe2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is my first post on here, so I apologize in advance if it's in the wrong forum or thread.

I am currently looking to buy tickets to the Steelers game on 12.22.13. Problem is, I need 5 tickets and all 5 ticket packages are well above my price range. My plan was to look for a combination of 2 seats together and 3 seats together that are near each other. In the process, I found a 4 ticket package and a single ticket in the same row of the same section.

My question is... How strict are the seat numbers enforced? Since it is bleacher seating, I thought it may be an option to have the person with the single ticket sit next to the other four (assuming they aren't next to each other, i can not see the seat numbers on stubhub), and ask our neighbors in the row to scoot down to the next seat. However, I don't want one of us to be stuck sitting alone in our first trip to Lambeau. For those with experience at Lambeau, would it be too risky to attempt this?

GoPackGo

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Seats are #'d and from my times there, people seem to want the seat # they paid for...I would think that long time season ticket holders would want to stay in their own seat....

However you could always ask someone (even offer free beer all game or food) and maybe they will allow to switch

cmrowe2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's what I expected, just wanted confirmation from a Lambeau veteran. Appreciate the advice! Can't wait to finally make a trip to the tundra

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
i'm just wondering

Might want to follow the link in this thread:
http://www.packerforum.com/threads/dont-miss-november-nfc-clashes-at-lambeau.47674/

PackersFan28

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey guys. Can anyone recommend me some hotels to stay at when visiting for a Green Bay game? Which are the closest or which are a little farther but cheaper? Let me know any info you have. I know some have been posted, but it was a while ago so I want to make sure I'm getting updated information. I'd appreciate any other recommendations as well. Thanks

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey guys. Can anyone recommend me some hotels to stay at when visiting for a Green Bay game? Which are the closest or which are a little farther but cheaper? Let me know any info you have. I know some have been posted, but it was a while ago so I want to make sure I'm getting updated information. I'd appreciate any other recommendations as well. Thanks
There's a hotel across from Denny's restaurant on Onieda that's about $75 a night. There's one on the corner of Lombardi ave & Holmgren way for about $35 a night

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Game weekends have game weekend hotel pricing. Get a list set now via the tourism site. When the schedule is released, get on speed dial to your chosen hotel(s). Most every chain is in the area. Most mom & pops are what they are. GB area and Appleton / Fox cities are the most notable areas with most of the big name chains. Don't forget the lakeshore and Door county areas in your search. I wouldn't know the price to distance ratio since obviously I've never used it.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Appleton area is a 30 min drive-

Can go to Kewaunee as well, it too, is 30 mins

L7Panda

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey all.

I'm a Jets fan who is already planning a trip with a handful of friends to Lambeau next season. It's been a dream of ours to catch a game with Packer fans at Lambeau. We are looking to stay near the stadium as we are likely to fly in. Not sure we're up to a 15 hour drive each direction. Tundra Lodge looks like a fun spot.

Any recommendations on Packer tailgates we could join in by bringing some beer with us or perhaps paying $? Anyone have any idea of those?

Also, anyone have experience at Tundra Lodge, good or bad?

Thank you in advance.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
As soon as the schedule comes out I'd call that day to make reservations as they won't take them before but will likely fill up in about a week or 2

L7Panda

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As soon as the schedule comes out I'd call that day to make reservations as they won't take them before but will likely fill up in about a week or 2

Awesome. Thank you. That was our plan. I contacted one of the hotels who has the dates blacked off. Guess you would have to call that day instead of doing so online. Really looking like Tundra will be the place but am also looking at Best Western. We are willing to spend to stay by the stadium, but don't intend on spending a fortune either. We figured out Tundra would be, after tax, about $940 for Fri-Mon and if you split that 3 ways that isn't bad at all.

Any suggestions as far as the bar scenes go? Seems like there are quite a few within the mile, in both directions.

L7Panda

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's Wisconsin, all the bars are good. Some are just better. Stadium View, Andruzzis, The Bar are all close.

Awesome. Thank you. I had them all listed as possibilities. We want to really experience the local area. Would you recommend to stay away from some of the smaller bars I've seen like Booze Hounds, Cropsey's, Thirsty's, Packer Stadium Lounge, etc?

Also, do Packer fans typically ever sell their on site location parking or would you suggest a cash lot elsewhere? We really want to find some awesome Packer fans to tailgate with. We are planning on driving now so would be bringing beer, cornhole, beer pong table, grill, food, etc.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Awesome. Thank you. I had them all listed as possibilities. We want to really experience the local area. Would you recommend to stay away from some of the smaller bars I've seen like Booze Hounds, Cropsey's, Thirsty's, Packer Stadium Lounge, etc?

Also, do Packer fans typically ever sell their on site location parking or would you suggest a cash lot elsewhere? We really want to find some awesome Packer fans to tailgate with. We are planning on driving now so would be bringing beer, cornhole(?), beer pong table, grill, food, etc.
The "local" dives would have more locals as the Bar and Stadium View fill with tourists looking for their "Packer" experience. Favres too. I haven't done the stadium area during the games ever so I'd not be a good reference. I get a much better view in my living room and cheaper beer from my fridge. You can typically tailgate in a yard in the area. Check with the shill before pulling in. Corporate tailgates are east of the stadium towards Oneida street and by the Arena. Pay up and eat/drink all you want.
The parking lot is season ticket holders only, I haven't met one that would give up their parking spot yet. The regulars tailgate there.

L7Panda

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The "local" dives would have more locals as the Bar and Stadium View fill with tourists looking for their "Packer" experience. Favres too. I haven't done the stadium area during the games ever so I'd not be a good reference. I get a much better view in my living room and cheaper beer from my fridge. You can typically tailgate in a yard in the area. Check with the shill before pulling in. Corporate tailgates are east of the stadium towards Oneida street and by the Arena. Pay up and eat/drink all you want.
The parking lot is season ticket holders only, I haven't met one that would give up their parking spot yet. The regulars tailgate there.

Awesome. Thanks a bunch for the responses. The bars are more for Friday night and Saturday night. Not looking to go near them on Sunday. We want a real GB tailgate experience. Parking on someone's lawn could be fun. We did that in Buffalo last year. Just very different from what we have here in NJ.

L7Panda

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How much do tickets usually go for on the secondary market for an AFC opponent? We are looking to sit within 50 rows of the field, preferably the EZ or Jets sideline.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
How much do tickets usually go for on the secondary market for an AFC opponent? We are looking to sit within 50 rows of the field, preferably the EZ or Jets sideline.
The bowl is only 60 rows high. The end zone seating goes higher. Jets should not be a premium game. Hard to tell until when the game is, early or late. Maybe you get lucky for the Sun before Txgiving when many people head to the woods.

L7Panda

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The bowl is only 60 rows high. The end zone seating goes higher. Jets should not be a premium game. Hard to tell until when the game is, early or late. Maybe you get lucky for the Sun before Txgiving when many people head to the woods.

60 rows is all it is from G to G? Looks larger than that. Interesting. Preferably we would like to sit in the 20-30 row area, but yeah, I guess I have to wait for the schedule this month. Could be a lot of money even though we're an AFC team if the game winds up being the Packers Home Opener and all. Thanks. Again.

L7Panda

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Booked at Tundra Lodge. Thank God I did it right at 8 because by 830 it was sold out for the weekend since its your home opener weekend. Hope to meet some of you.

Members online

Latest posts