collins or rouse

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
who would you rather start in the big game.

I like Rouse simply becuase of his size and power, I think he matches up very well with T.O

I hope Rouse gets in this game is talent is too good to go wasted

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Rouse better, but I trust the coaches on this one. From what I heard today, it looks like Collins is healthy enough to start, so he will. Rouse may need to miss a week with his knee injury anyway.

I have really been impressed with Rouse, and I suspect he will be starting next year, whether it's in place of Bigby or Collins. He takes up a lot of space in the middle of the field and has a nose for the ball. He also knows how to catch a football, unlike Collins. And Rouse sure seems to be a quick study for a guy who was expected to be something of a project when he was drafted.

Reaction score
Collins.

Collins is a more sure tackler at this point, and I believe he is ultimately the best safety blanket, so to speak, in case someone breaks a tackle or two and is looking for a big play.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been high on Rouse for a long time. I said he was always around the ball. I wanted the Pack to draft him and I was glad they did. So I got to stick with him but you know Bigby might be the weakest link of the 3 safeties whom have started.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rouse reminds me of guys like Joey Browner (sacrilege, I know) and Steve Atwater, big dudes that can lumber and catch the football. I would really like to see him start with Collins and let Bigby come off the bench. I think Collins plays best at the line of scrimmage much like Leroy use to.

Rouse seems to have a nose for the ball, which can't be taught. I thinks the safety battle heats up again next training camp now that Underwood is back and hopefully healthy.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually think Bigby > Collins

While Bigbys would have some hicups and give up an occasional play or penalty, he also does a lot of GOOD things as well.

Collins is just kinda there...and dropping balls that hit him in the hands.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually think Bigby > Collins

While Bigbys would have some hicups and give up an occasional play or penalty, he also does a lot of GOOD things as well.

Collins is just kinda there...and dropping balls that hit him in the hands.

We definitely know why Collins isn't a receiver, but I think Bigby has a little Ahmad Carroll in him. He's had some really stupid penalties this year. I think Collins and Bigby both play the line of scrimmage well though. I guess time will sort it all out.

packer_backer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rouse has been a playmaker so far. that is something the packers defense lacks alot of, imo. outside of woodson and kampman the other players are good at what they do, but they just dont seem to take the ball away enough (from what i've seen at least). imagine how much better this offense can be if the packers took the ball away alot like the bears last season. having a tired defense out there would help make this offense better..... :shock: :towel:

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Bigby will have a great game with some penalties because hes so agressive, but I love that about him. I also think Collins will start being that he is healthier now.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a no brainer, it's Rouse for sure. The kid makes plays. Collins doesn't make any plays. About the only time you notice Collins is if he drops a ball or misses an assignment. Rouse is the man. The kid is a rookie and he's totally outplaying Collins.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
for me it's a tough call. i think collins is the more steady player. he's faster, covers much better, and is a sure tackler.

Rouse has knock-out power, and is always around the ball. The problem is, if he covered as well as collins, the ball wouldn't be thrown in his neighborhood. he gets beat, but recovers well.

That said: Collins... for the time being.

Reaction score
About the only time you notice Collins is if he drops a ball or misses an assignment.

I don't know about that.

Collins has been a very sure tackler, more so than Rouse this year.

Collins has also (on at least a couple of occasions) made a play to save a TD after someone OTHER THAN HIMSELF blew an assignment. One of those times was against Adrian Peterson, so it shows that Collins has some solid speed and can cover ground quickly.

The old saying goes if he had better hands, he'd be a WR. Collins has been in position to get INTs, and although he hasn't gotten them it shows that Collins understands his responsibilities and where he needs to be (and so does Rouse).

I keep waiting for Collins to have a game like he had against the Bears last year. He certainly has the talent to have such outstanding performances on a consistent basis, it's just a matter of Collins stepping up to make the plays.

With him having had a few weeks to rest, hopefully he is healthy enough to come out and use his physical attributes to the best of his ability. We sure could use a game like Collins had against the Bears last year in week 16 this Thursday.

Sangill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rouse - he got called upon and delivered. Give the kid some playing time and let him evolve.

I think he outplayed Collins - but either way, I'm good.

I dont know about Bigby. Either he plays well or he plays extremely bad(read Broncos game). If it was up to me, I'd go with Rouse and Collins for now.

Keep in mind that Rouse has only started, what - 2 games?

kewlbeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel a little more comfortable with Collins at this point. I think back to the Thanksgiving game where Rouse lost containment on Kevin Jones at the line of scrimmage and allowed him to make a nice run. It may not have been entirely Rouse's fault, but Collins makes that play for little or no gain. I'm tickled to death the way Rouse stepped in and played the last 2 weeks, but Collins has played mistake free football all year.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
but Collins has played mistake free football all year.

i agree, and i think that's the key. we have enough playmakers. but bozz, you can never have enough playmakers! with rouse, i think you get high risk/high reward. i think, on this defense, rouse's risk outweighs the reward, and i go with sure and steady collins.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's actually a no-brainer for tomorrow's game. Collins was the starter and is now healthy. Rouse is nursing an injury and is questionable to make the roster. Collins gets the start and if Rouse is healthy enough to play, then it should be as a backup.

The only problem is that Rouse shouldn't play special teams due to the injury, so he may not make the game-day roster anyway.

If they were both healthy, then it becomes a real debate. I think it's assignment-sure Collins this year and Rouse will push for one of the safety spots next year.

GO PACK GO!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts