Colin Kaepernick on Packers in playoff game

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.packerforum.com/threads/fire-capers.38888/

I was blaming the players at the time and others wanted Capers fired..Said it was all Capers fault

http://mmqb.si.com/2013/07/23/colin-kaepernick-49ers/

It got to a point,” he says, “where we could hear [the Packers’ defenders] arguing while we were in our huddle. ‘You’re supposed to do this,’ or ‘You have to do this, then the other.’ At that point, our offense was like, It’s over. As soon as you start turning on your teammates, you’re not going to be productive. You know you have them in the palm of your hands.”

Colin is saying the players were calling each other out for being in wrong spot....Still Capers fault? Even tho players knew where each other were suppose to be

5x49er

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

5x49er

Cheesehead
Reaction score

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Bottom line is that Packers players said they spent next to no time preparing what transpired and then, made no adjustments. The Packers were out-coached and were beaten. Easy as that...it's over and last season will have no bearing on THIS season. Until such time that the Pack proves otherwise, we'll be saddled with neo-9'er fans skating on last years ice.

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

Lest we forget, let this be a reminder to us all. Coach McCarthy has not forgotten, we hope.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's until Baltimore had Suggs hit Kaepernick on every play, whether he handed off or ran the ball. I can't find any specific stats on the number of hits in the Super Bowl, but it easily beat the six quoted above. Kaep was tentative and threw the ball hurriedly as a result. It's not a guaranteed fix to the read-option, but it's another way to minimize it

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
That's until Baltimore had Suggs hit Kaepernick on every play, whether he handed off or ran the ball. I can't find any specific stats on the number of hits in the Super Bowl, but it easily beat the six quoted above. Kaep was tentative and threw the ball hurriedly as a result. It's not a guaranteed fix to the read-option, but it's another way to minimize it

I said that before the 49ers beat us last time. The more punishment you bestow upon him, the less likely he will be to make accurate throws. Hit him often, hit him hard....watch him fold.

Marvin49

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Not really.

I hate to burst the bubble...

...but hitting Kaep wasn't the problem in that game. He did throw one pick on a bad throw (and he wasn't even hurried on it), but that ensuing drive resulted in zero points. The issue that day was a defensive implosion, really good redzone D by the Ravens (who did that all postseason), the fumble by James and the KO return. I could get into stuff that wasn't called and so forth, but I'm not gonna play that game. My point is only that hitting Kaep wasn't the difference maker.

With Suggs hitting him on every down he still managed 57% comp% (just a few points under his season average, 302 yards, a whopping 10.79 yards per ATTEMPT, and a 91 QB rating (which would be much higher if not for the unforced INT). It also opened up Gore to run for over 100 yards and a TD.

To quote the guy hitting Kaep down after down (Terrell Suggs), "Man...I hate QBs. But that Colin Kaepernick? Man, That kid is special. He'll play in a few of these. I tip my hat to him". That doesn't sound like a guy who thinks he got into the QBs head.

It's become popular to think the simple solution to Kaep his just go hit him, but he has more experience in the Pistol/Read-Option than any QB alive. He was in Nevada when Chris Ault invented the Pistol. He has more expereince with it than any coach outside of Chris Ault.

None of this guarantees the Niners win the game. I think it will be a tough matchup. If you think tho that the answer is as simple as just going to hit the QB you are sorely mistaken. Even if that WERE the answer, the Niners very often run a FB to block at the mesh point so getting to the QB before he has to make a decision is far harder.

The Read-Option is also only a subset of the offense. I wouldn't expect a healthy dose of it to begin with.

Last edited:

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we will have Kaep bottled up. I look at how we handled Russell Wilson and I am confident we can handle Kaepernick.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts