Coincidence?

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i don't know if i really believe in coincidences... but the packers beat the giants 38-35... the same score that the patriots beat the giants in the regular season game in 07.

This game showed that the giants can stick with the packers.. and maybe even beat them. The packers did not play their A+ game, but credit should be given to the giants defense as well (and also the pelthora of dropped passes from the green bay wr's).

I don't want to see the giants in the playoffs to be honest. What do you guys think?

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah the Giants are my fathers team and I usually hope they do well but I really don't want to see them again in the playoffs.

Marem19

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Me Neither i said all along this was the game that i was worried about and i was scared even more after they got whooped by the Saints. But honestly now i don't see the giants in the playoffs and that makes me a happy camper

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
No. I don't see Aaron and the Packers offense folding like a pile of chairs in a rematch in Green Bay.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure they will get there anyway. Bizarre that all the NFC wildcard contestants lost (I know, Det hasn't played yet.)

They do have a good chance of winning the NFC east or at least a wildcard. Their only competition is the Cowboys. The Eagles and Skins are pretty much out for the count.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
They do have a good chance of winning the NFC east or at least a wildcard. Their only competition is the Cowboys. The Eagles and Skins are pretty much out for the count.
In theory yes they can do it. But, c'mon we're talking Giants who always collapse after week 9 or so.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I thought Dallas was all set but nooooo they got and lose to the freaking Cardinals. OMG.

Hey you just don't know. The playoff picture is still very unclear but the top 3 seeds look pretty set. At least the top 2. The WC situation is a mess.

Keep in mind though that if these meet again it would be IN Green Bay.

I have no idea right now who I favor between the Cowboys and Giants. Who wins this game right now?

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
In theory yes they can do it. But, c'mon we're talking Giants who always collapse after week 9 or so.

They do have a history of collapsing but somebody from that division is going to have to make it in even if they don't last that long. I think the Giants will make it in over the Cowboys, but I think they will be one and done. The Eagles and Skins can fight over the bottom of that division.

OP
OP
W

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought Dallas was all set but nooooo they got and lose to the freaking Cardinals. OMG.

Hey you just don't know. The playoff picture is still very unclear but the top 3 seeds look pretty set. At least the top 2. The WC situation is a mess.

Keep in mind though that if these meet again it would be IN Green Bay.

I have no idea right now who I favor between the Cowboys and Giants. Who wins this game right now?

Yep... do you even remember what manning and the giants did AT greenbay during the playoffs?

Like i said, the giants are a team that the packers DO NOT want to face in the PO's

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Neither do i, but expecations will be high, and the giants will play inspired.

True. But, it's tough to look that far ahead now. I mean will the Giants even get in?

Who do people like between the Giants and Cowboys now? Can both get in? Ahhhh these final 4 weeks will be fun.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Yep... do you even remember what manning and the giants did AT greenbay during the playoffs?

Like i said, the giants are a team that the packers DO NOT want to face in the PO's

The Pack can beat them again even if it's another cardiac game. I think people get paranoid since they knocked off NE in 2007 and GB before that.

But, who knows. Just have faith. I mean this was really a great game by the Giants and they still lose.

Have to wait and see how it unfolds in the NFC. The Giants lose to some crappy teams at times but then show up against the Packers. EVERYONE shows up against Green Bay though......

Gonna be a fun NFC postseason.

OP
OP
W

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Pack can beat them again even if it's another cardiac game. I think people get paranoid since they knocked off NE in 2007 and GB before that.

But, who knows. Just have faith. I mean this was really a great game by the Giants and they still lose.

Have to wait and see how it unfolds in the NFC. The Giants lose to some crappy teams at times but then show up against the Packers. EVERYONE shows up against Green Bay though......

Gonna be a fun NFC postseason.

Thats how it works jules. The packers are the best team in NFL... undefeated and reigning SB champs. Teams want to bring their best against the packers. Plain and simple.

I don't see BOTH the giants/cowboys making the PO'S

But if i would have to bet on it, probably giants make it.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think what the Giants, and the NFL for that matter, take out of this game is that if the Packers have an off game they're beatable. But they'll have to earn it. They'll have to play a perfect game, or else even with 7 drops and countless mistakes they're still going to beat you.

Moreso if the game is at Lambeau. And it will be.

OP
OP
W

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packersrs, its crazy how even though the packers offense was off today, they still managed 38 points...

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
The emotional aspect of this could be interesting. Did the Giants put too much into today and thats it? Or, will playing the Pack so close and seeing the Cowboys lose inspire them?

And how will this pathetic loss effect the Cowboys? I knew the Cards give them issues over the years but last time I checked Warner was not there anymore and I swear they iced their own kicker......

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think what the Giants, and the NFL for that matter, take out of this game is that if the Packers have an off game they're beatable. But they'll have to earn it. They'll have to play a perfect game, or else even with 7 drops and countless mistakes they're still going to beat you.

Moreso if the game is at Lambeau. And it will be.

Very well stated, RS! They can bring their best game and they still can't beat us! :) I like that!

L

Lunchboxer

Id rather face The Cowboys in Green bay.

Because its a team dident play this season. They are out of their element which is a nice warm dome into a freezing cold outside game.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still believe that the Saints are the biggest threat to us. But playing in Lambeau gives us a big advantage against them. They do not like to play outside their dome.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I fear no team. We are better than any team in the NFL. As they say, 'any given Sunday', but if we play well, no team can beat us. So it becomes a matter that every game is in the hands of our players. I'm thinking they play well enough to win out.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Is it a coincidence that every game the Packers win I wore my Rodgers jersey meant to be my lucky jersey??????

I don't see the score of the game as an omen, but as its been noted even when the Packers have a bad offensive game, they still are tough to beat.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts