Cobb's Injury

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any word on the extent of his injury? Outside of Rodgers, not sure there is a more important person on our offense that we can ill-afford to lose right now. The Rodgers-to-Cobb connection is lethal. Here's hoping Seattle takes care of business tonight and we do our but in Minnesota next week to get that bye week so we can get fully healthy!

LZ13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just a few minutes before I was thinking to myself, "Why is Cobb still returning kicks and punts in this game?" MM needs to take a course in basic probability - when a guy plays twice the positions and playing time, he is twice as likely to get injured. Would not be so bad if he wasn't currently our best WR.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Monday morning QBacking. I'm sorry Cobb got hurt but I don't see any problems with Mike leaving him out there.

I don't think he has a serious injury.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Link or what? I could post someone and say someone on the training staff says Rodgers has sustained a Concussion.

No link. Take it for what it's worth to you. Not too concerned with how credible you think I am.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just a few minutes before I was thinking to myself, "Why is Cobb still returning kicks and punts in this game?" MM needs to take a course in basic probability - when a guy plays twice the positions and playing time, he is twice as likely to get injured. Would not be so bad if he wasn't currently our best WR.

Rodgers has not been pleased with cobbs continued use on special teams either

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We've had A LOT of "he's fine" on Sunday nights over the past few seasons that have turned out to be weeks-long, or sometimes season-ending things.

I'll breathe easier about Cobb when I see him back on the field, and no sooner.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We've had A LOT of "he's fine" on Sunday nights over the past few seasons that have turned out to be weeks-long, or sometimes season-ending things.

I'll breathe easier about Cobb when I see him back on the field, and no sooner.

Indeed there's a long list.

LZ13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really, what has Cobb done to justify this risk in the last few games in returns except take a lot of vicious hits? And even if he has big returns I don't think risking his loss as a WR is worth it - we would be 2 or 3 games down possibly on the outside looking in without him this season. I guess if we had nobody sure handed enough to field the kicks and punts without fumbling I could see it. I know back in 97 Holmy finally conceded to putting WR Robert Brooks on KO returns after he nearly blew a cork over Billy Schroeder's repeated fumbles.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The risk for injury returning punts and kicks is just too great. For anyone. When is McCarthy gonna wise up, stop putting a return man back there, and just let the kicking team down it every time?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The risk for injury returning punts and kicks is just too great. For anyone. When is McCarthy gonna wise up, stop putting a return man back there, and just let the kicking team down it every time?

I feel like thats more of a myth. I dont recall many injuries this season from someone returning a ball.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep, gotta be safe. No returns.

Also, I'm worried about Rodgers getting injured so he should probably just stand on the sidelines. Graham Harrell can QB. Rodgers is too valuable to this organization to be exposed to injury. Keep him where he belongs, off the field and safe from harm.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Yep, gotta be safe. No returns.

Also, I'm worried about Rodgers getting injured so he should probably just stand on the sidelines. Graham Harrell can QB. Rodgers is too valuable to this organization to be exposed to injury. Keep him where he belongs, off the field and safe from harm.
Wildcat every play or just fullback dives? Maybe just go into victory formation at the opening kick. That way no one gets hurt.

Members online

Latest posts