Cobb Activated

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Updates on Cobb:

Tyler Dunne ‏@TyDunne 14m
At #Packers practice: Randall Cobb doing a lot with offense during period open to media. Looks quick in and out of his cuts.

SportsInsights.com ‏@SportsInsights 3h
#NFL #Packers - Randall Cobb, Knee - is upgraded to probable Sunday (12/29) at Chicago

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

BALANCE

BRAINS

FUNNY

SPEED and HANDS

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How is he probable for the game if he's still on IR and not even on the roster? Also, I didn't think it was ever his knee.
Not trying to be a smart **** I'm just honestly wondering.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How is he probable for the game if he's still on IR and not even on the roster? Also, I didn't think it was ever his knee.
They have until tomorrow afternoon to put him on the roster. They're going to see how he feels tomorrow and if all is good, he'll probably play. I doubt he'll start but they'll probably get him on the field to get him some reps to he can go full-bore in the playoffs. I expect him to at least dress this week. I would guess he'll probably get somewhere between 10-15 snaps.

Last edited:

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Think about our current weapons.

-Rodgers.
-Lacy the brusier..... (and Starks running great behind him. And we're missing DuJuan Harris & Jonathan Franklin.)
-Cobb, the do-everything.
-Jordy deep and sidelines
-Jones

Those are all guys who can hurt a defense. And fast.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

In football, there is IR (Injury Reserve) and IR/Designated for Return. This new IR/Designated for Return was created in 2012 to allow a team to put one player on IR that is eligible to come back during the season.

http://sports.stackexchange.com/que...yer-from-injured-reserve-designated-to-return

The team can put a player on the IR/Designated for Return list only if...

• The player was on the team's final 53-man preseason roster

• The player's injury will prevent him from practicing or playing football for an estimated 6 weeks
The player then will be allowed to practice with the team after 6 weeks and can be activated after 8 weeks.

When activated, the team must make room for him on the 53 man roster. This can be done by trading or waiving a current rostered player

From the week when he broke his leg..

The designated-for-return rule, which went into effect last season, allows teams to place one player per season on injured reserve and then bring him back later in the season. Cobb must stay on that list for eight weeks before he can return. He can begin practicing after six weeks.

That would allow Cobb to return for the Packers' final three regular-season games, beginning with the Dec. 15 game at Dallas.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Think about our current weapons.

-Rodgers.
-Lacy the brusier..... (and Starks running great behind him. And we're missing DuJuan Harris & Jonathan Franklin.)
-Cobb, the do-everything.
-Jordy deep and sidelines
-Jones

Those are all guys who can hurt a defense. And fast.
I'd love to see Jace Amaro added to that list. Then if Finley could beat the odds and continue playing... holy crap.

Hjalmar Davidson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Having Cobb even as a decoy would help AR immensely. It would give him a good place to go with the ball when under duress. I dont think they put Cobb on the field if he isnt ready to go.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To clarify, I knew about the new temporary IR rule from last year. I was just wondering how they could classify him as probable when as of right now he is still technically on the
IR and has not been activated. Hope he can play Sunday.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Today we should find out if Cobb is a go tomorrow.

He adds a very dangerous element to our offense and I want him back badly.

hit and run

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is big. It's funny that the media has completely down played Cobb coming back. He is huge in the slot. If he's fully healthy, da Bears won't be able to cover him with Nelson and Jones out there too. Go Pack!

Narveson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is big. It's funny that the media has completely down played Cobb coming back. He is huge in the slot. If he's fully healthy, da Bears won't be able to cover him with Nelson and Jones out there too. Go Pack!
Bingo. If you look at the first drive against Chicago in the first game, their defense was basically playing Cover 2 with the 2 safeties playing extra deep. With Cobb in the slot, Nelson on the right and Jones on the left, the linebackers will have to play deep too, leaving Lacy to run all over them.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bingo. If you look at the first drive against Chicago in the first game, their defense was basically playing Cover 2 with the 2 safeties playing extra deep. With Cobb in the slot, Nelson on the right and Jones on the left, the linebackers will have to play deep too, leaving Lacy to run all over them.
Rodgers and Cobb can make the difference between stumbling into the playoffs only to get knocked off early and making a serious Super Bowl push. With our offense running at peak efficiency, we can compete with anyone, anywhere.

Reaction score
Someone mentioned how Cobb coming back will be huge for the Packers and the other guy said "Who is that?"... I think I screamed at the tv.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only one I'm happy about is Mr. Rodgers.
Not that we don't need Cobb but I thought we did OK without him.

Members online

Latest posts